SORT BY Relevancy
Embracing numerous musical genres and a fresh blend of traditional Turkish and Western rock music, hard rock quartet maNga are ready to storm the U.S. Feat singer Ferman Akgül, guitarist Yagmur Sarigül (aka “Yamyam”), drummer Özgür Can Öney and bassist Cem Bahtiyar, the Turkish group have drawn Int'l acclaim for the infectious sounds on their three albums, which one could compare in spirit to Linkin Park or System Of A Down. They made a big noise representing their from home country in the 2010 Eurovision Song Contest, have over 3M Facebook followers and have drawn the attention of Billboard, the Huffington Post and MTV Europe. The band name maNga possesses a dual meaning. In Turkish, it refers to a unit of ten men in the army, and in Japanese, which was their chief inspiration for using the word, it means graphic novel. "The name was Yagmur's idea, and from that moment 12 years ago we were dreaming about having connections to other countries," declares Özgür. The foursome finally got to play before a NA audience at the SXSW festival in TX in March, and they play CMJ on Oct 18th. 3 months after they formed in 2001, the group competed on the TV show Sing Your Song, which is the Turkish version of Star Search. Their 2nd place showing ignited a creative spark that lead to numerous gigs in Turkey while writing the original tunes that comprised their self-titled debut album, which was released via Sony Epic in Turkey in December 2004. The album and its videos spotlighted an amalgam of heavy rock, hip-hop, pop and Turkish music.The album sold more than 180,000 copies in Turkey, making maNga the 1st band there to get gold certification on their debut album. The song “Bir Kadin Çizeceksin” appeared in the EA Sports FIFA 2006 computer game soundtrack, which exposed them to European audiences who loved their music even if they did not understand the words.
Richard Lutman, author of I Like A Little Bit of the Handsome Americans Myself
I Like A Little Bit Of The Handsome Americans Myself is a quirky road novella set in the early seventies. There is no deep meaning in this novella which took me a month to write. A crucial and very funny pseudo love scene occurs in a Laundromat which inspired the cover. Pacing was important. Most of the action is dialogue-driven so the chapters had to be short.
Richard Lutman lives in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. He has a MFA in Writing from Vermont College. He currently teaches short story classes as part of Coastal Carolina University's Lifelong Learning program. His fiction has appeared in: Verdad, Slow Trains, The Green Silk Journal, Dark Sky Magazine, The Bicycle Review, Epiphany Magazine, The Petigru Review, Deep South Magazine, The Newport Review, Dew on the Kudzu, The Corner Cupboard Press, The Green Briar Review, Bethlehem Writers Roundtable and Prick of the Spindle. He has also won local and national awards for his short stories, nonfiction and screenplays.
For more information visit: http://www.wordrealm.net/#!
The Black Russian with Vladimir Alexandrov
Bernice Bennett host welcomes Vladimir Alexandrov, Ph.D., for an engaging discussion of his book, The Black Russian. He will explore the process of researching and writing this compelling story.
The Black Russian tells the story of Frederick Bruce Thomas, who was born in 1872 to former slaves and spent his youth on his family’s farm in Mississippi. After leaving the South and working as a waiter and valet in Chicago and Brooklyn, he went to London in 1894, then traveled throughout Europe, and decided to go to Russia in 1899, all of which was highly unusual for a black American at the time. He chose Moscow as his home, and during the next nineteen years renamed himself “Fyodor Fyodorovich Tomas,” married twice, acquired a mistress, took Russian citizenship, and by dint of his talents, hard work, charm, and guile became one of the city’s richest and most famous owners of variety theaters and restaurants. The Bolshevik Revolution ruined him and he barely escaped with his life and family to Turkey in 1919. Starting with just a handful of dollars out of the millions he had lost, Thomas made a second fortune in Constantinople by opening a series of celebrated nightclubs that introduced jazz to Turkey. However, because of the long arm of American racism, the xenophobia of the new Turkish Republic, and his own extravagance, he fell on hard times, was thrown into debtor's prison and died in Constantinople in 1928.
Dr. Alexandrov is the B. E. Bensinger Professor of Slavic Languages and Literatures and Acting Chair, Slavic Department at Yale University. www.valexandrov.com
Vladimir Alexandrov, the B.E. Bensinger Professor of Slavic Languages and Literature at Yale University joins The Halli Casser-Jayne Show to talk about his new book, "The Black Russian," in which he tells the little-known true story of Frederick Bruce Thomas, who left the color-conscious Mississippi Delta, seeking a better life.Frederick found freedom and extraordinary success in, of all places, Moscow where he renamed himself Fyodor Fyodorovich Tomas. But thans to the Bolshevik Revolution he was forced to escape his adopted country, leaving everything he'd built behind to start over in Constantinople. Once again his brain and brawn led him to success, when he opened what became a series of celebrated nightclubs and introducing jazz to Turkey. Sadly, the long arm of American racism, the xenophobia of the new Turkish Republic, and Frederick's own extravagance landed him in debtor's prison. He died in Constantinople in 1928. With the stamp of approval of some of the African-American communities most prominent voices, including those of Cornel West and Dr. Henry Louis Gates, "The Black Russian," is a story you won't want to miss.
1. According to Reuters, the Israeli ambassador to the United States says Israel has wanted to see Syrian President Bashar Assad removed from power since before the outbreak of war - a shift from its publicly-stated position.
2. According to the Christian Science Monitor, the Syrian Army accused Turkey of deliberately trying to escalate tensions after a Turkish fighter jet "hastily" brought down a Syrian military helicopter along the unstable frontier.
3. According to the Associated Press, twin storms left scenes of havoc on both of Mexico's coasts on Tuesday, with the resort city of A-ca-pul-co isolated on the Pacific and heavy damage reported along the Gulf.
4. According to The Daily Mail, it is cricket mating season in Oklahoma and unusually massive swarms of the frisky bugs are terrorizing the state's residents. Not only does the field cricket have a noxious odor and shrieking chirp, it has a tendency toward cannibalism so killing them only makes things worse.
5. According to the Associated Press, Egyptian security forces backed by armored vehicles and helicopters on Monday stormed a town south of Cairo that had been held for over two months by militants loyal to the ousted Islamist president, swiftly taking control despite some resistance from gunmen.
The Bible says in Acts 1:10-11: "While [the disciples] looked stedfastly toward heaven as [Jesus] went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven."
You can read these stories in more detail and get more prophecy-related news at Second Coming Herald.com. Follow us on Twitter @SecondComingH and like our Facebook page at facebook.com/SecondComingHerald
Did you know I was $187K in debt when I met Gary Douglas (founder of Access Consciousness)? Everything has changed now, and is still changing. I have money, I spend money, I create money, I generate money, I invest money, I PLAY with money. I have made choices that some would consider not so wise, and yet it has created my life and business to where I am today. I have a gratitude for money, my choices and my life! This show is a recording of a taster for my upcoming Teleseries "From Debt to Money Play". This show is translated into German. If this show opens some space in your life for more fun and ease with money, I invite you to join me 7th, 8th and 9th October on the 3 call teleseries. This series will be being translated live into several different languages including German, French, Italian, Spanish, Turkish, Croatian, Norwegian, Danish and of course English!! For more information check out: www.Debt2MoneyPlay.com Most people don’t see any joy in business. Simone Milasas offers a different possibility using the tools of Access Consciousness. To ask Questions for the next show please email them to email@example.com
in The Bible
The Chimera ( Chimaera, Chimæra; Greek: Χ?μαιρα Chímaira) was, according to Greek mythology, a monstrous fire-breathing female and male creature of Lycia in Asia Minor, composed of the parts of three animals — a lion, a snake and a goat. Usually depicted as a lion, with the head of a goat arising from its back, and a tail that ended in a snake's head, the Chimera was one of the offspring of Typhon and Echidna and a sibling of such monsters as Cerberus and the Lernaean Hydra.The term chimera has come to describe any mythical or fictional animal with parts taken from various animals, or to describe anything perceived as wildly imaginative or implausible.Pliny the Elder cited Ctesias and quoted Photius identifying the Chimera with an area of permanent gas vents which still can be found today by hikers on the Lycian Way in southwest Turkey. Called in Turkish Yanartas (flaming rock), it consists of some two dozen vents in the ground, grouped in two patches on the hillside above the Temple of Hephaestus about 3 km north of Çirali, near ancient Olympos, in Lycia. The vents emit burning methane thought to be of metamorphic origin, which in ancient times were landmarks by which sailors could navigate.Neo-Hittite Chimera from Karkemish, at the Museum of Anatolian CivilizationsThe Neo-Hittite Chimera from Carchemish, dated to 850–750 BC, which is now housed in the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations no doubt served as a basis for the Greek legend. It differs from the Greek version in that while there are three heads, none of them is that of a goat, only a main human head, a lion's head facing forward and placed on the chest of the lion's body, and a snake's head placed at the end of the tail.
1. According to The Times of Israel, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan alleged that Israel was behind the early July military coup in Egypt, which saw the democratically elected Islamist president Mohammad Morsi removed from power. He also said Turkey has the evidence to prove it.
2. According to Russia Today, nuclear fallout researcher Christina Consolo said that even the tiniest mistake during an operation to extract over 1,300 fuel rods at the crippled Fukushima nuclear power plant in Japan could lead to a series of cascading failures with an apocalyptic outcome.
3. According to NBC News, with Egypt still convulsing after the brutal crackdown on Islamist supporters of former President Mohamed Morsi last week, Israel has a wary eye on its neighbor and is quietly bolstering its own security.
4. According to The Los Angeles Times, the spiritual leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, who was arrested early Tuesday, will stand trial with other members of the Islamist organization on charges that include inciting murder.
5. According to CNN, the carcasses of dozens of dolphins, seven times more than normal, have been washing up on beaches this summer, and scientists are struggling for answers to the die-off. In Virginia alone, at least 164 dead dolphins have been found this year.
The Bible says in 1 John 2:28: "And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming."
My interview with Pepe Escobar, investigative journalist and geo political analyst. Pepe helps us understand the complexities and chaos we are witnessing in Syria and Egypt. We talk about the Saudi, Qatar, US and Western involvement, by them arming, funding and manipulating the situation and advancing their own interests, with weapons often ending up in the possession of hard core Jihadist and Al Qaeda groups. We also talk about the Israeli attack on Syria, with the brutal intervention of the Russian arms that were being delivered. The Israeli jets apparently flew out of a Turkish base. We talk about Netanyahu’s gangster like behaviour with Europe and Iran, and the horrible scenario and developments taking place in Egypt. We conclude with the Egyptian consciousness revolution, as the chloroform lifts, the despair of the struggling people, and the Amir of Qatar and Saudi writing some big cheques.
Join Host Live Chats
- Pastor Paul Begley (65 chatters)
- Cameron Bayliss Medium InSight (35 chatters)
- Black Girl Nerds (21 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (19 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (15 chatters)
- Cross Encounters (13 chatters)
- Chattahoochee Bigfoot (10 chatters)
- Heavy Metal Mayhem (10 chatters)
- Jay King Network (9 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (9 chatters)
- reVerse (8 chatters)
- MMA Jam Live (8 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (8 chatters)
- CSWF RADIO STAFF (7 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (7 chatters)
- Dino Dean (5 chatters)
- Donny C (5 chatters)
- OPWR (5 chatters)
- Fins Radio (5 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (4 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (4 chatters)
- PANDA Podcast (4 chatters)
- Pure Adrenaline (4 chatters)
- EMS Office Hours (4 chatters)
- USA live (3 chatters)
- Visual Thoughts Network (3 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- Michael Buffalo (3 chatters)
- D Hour Show (3 chatters)
- BRUE (2 chatters)
- CULTURE FREEDOM RADIO (2 chatters)
- AmericanHeroesRadio (2 chatters)
- NEWDradio (2 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Home School Network (2 chatters)
- shadowseeker01 (2 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (2 chatters)
- The Dereck and Kay Show (2 chatters)
- Yahshuah (2 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (1 chatters)
- Spiritual Awakening (1 chatters)
- Takeli (1 chatters)
- The Cricket Show (1 chatters)
- Sandra Booker (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Pop Fan Girls (1 chatters)
- Powerhouse Ministries (1 chatters)
- Keith Henry N D (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (1 chatters)
- Dariaanne (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- DaEmporess (0 chatters)
- BLIF NETWORK (0 chatters)