SORT BY Relevancy
On this episode of Perfecting Failure I will be interviewing a VERY important guest, my daughter, Kelsie. Kelsie is here to talk about the passing of Assembly Bill 1266 that will go into effect January 1st, 2014, allowing children who are transgendered to use the facilities designated to the gender they identify with as opposed to the gender they were born. So far, we've only heard things from an adult's point of view but tonight we'll hear from a 9 year old's point of view.
charset="utf-8" /> GO TO OFFLIMITSSHOW.COM/LIVE TO HEAR THE SHOW!
What do transgendered Americans have to endure being so different from everyone else? Or are they really different? Join us as we talk to two transgendered individuals whom are struggling with acceptance from their families, friends, society in general all while trying to make the transition they've longed for all of their lives.
Rae Spoon is a transgendered musician and author who lives in Montreal. They have toured extensively over the past twelve years in Canada as well as internationally (Europe, the USA and Australia). Having started out as a country artist and later composed more experimental/electronic material, Rae has always kept songwriting at the forefront of their music.
I Can’t Keep All Of Our Secrets is Rae’s most recent release. A pop/electronic album about the complexity of grief, it focuses on a particular experience of loss—Rae wrote the album in the wake of a friend’s sudden death. With palpable emotion, the songs map the topography of loss and of attachment that extends beyond death. Musically, I Can’t Keep All Of Our Secrets is Rae’s most electronic album to date. Its heavily programmed production, analog synths and distorted electric guitars mark Rae’s musical progress from electronic experimentation to the establishment of their own style in the genre.
Rae’s first book, First Spring Grass Fire, was published by Arsenal Pulp Press in September 2012. The book, which honours the brief moments of hope for a world outside of the narrator’s evangelical family, is a collection of short stories heavily inspired by coming of age queer in Alberta. Through realizing they must escape where they are from, the book’s narrator begins a journey towards finding acceptance and a safe home.
Rae was long-listed for the Polaris Music Prize in 2008 (superioryouareinferior) as well as nominated for two CBC Radio 3 Bucky Awards in 2010. They won the CBC Galaxie Rising Stars award in 2004. Rae’s personal essay Femme Cowboy can be found in the 2012 Lambda Literary Award–nominated anthology Persistence.
In her powerful book, Bondage of Self, Kaitlin Sine Riordan writes, "Born breached, alcoholic, drug addicted and transgendered, the first steps out of my mother's womb was the beginning of a world ful of guilt, shame, anxiety, anger, fear and pride, all of which had to be overcome in order to live a life of serenity."
We collectively share our experience, strength and hope in the struggle, to grasp more fully as a worldwide community that, while some of us are safe in LGBTQ-friendly communities, most of us are still in great danger if we dare to simply be who we are.
Click here for instructions on how to Skype into the show from anywhere in the world for free.
SnowbizNow! with Nicholas Snow
Facebook – Twitter – Website – HuffPost – YouTube
Real Talk with Five Transgendered Women concerning Relationships, Sex, Love, Discrimination, The Transistion and the undercover Truths of the transgendered lifestyle. Stay in tune and tuned to the The Talk with Micah & Friends!
Keya Black Dupreev- Chicago, IL
Jasmine "Solandra" Tasaki - Atlanta, GA
Jaeda P. Starr - Atlanta, GA
D'Loreal Mendoza - Atlata, GA
Sheena Devine Hawkins - Miami, FL
TS Madison - Atlanta, GA
Meet Kayla Ward - and learn about her journey from despair and unhappiness to joy as she walks down the path towards being the woman she has always been.
Martine Aliana Rothblatt (born 1954 as Martin Rothblatt) is an American lawyer, author, and entrepreneur. Rothblatt graduated from UCLA with a combined law and MBA degree in 1981, then began work in Washington, D.C., first in the field of communication satellite law, and eventually in life sciences projects like the Human Genome Project. She is currently the founder and CEO of United Therapeutics Corp. and is the highest-paid female executive in the United States.
Rothblatt is responsible for launching several communications satellite companies. Martine Rothblatt has been an outspoken advocate of transgender people since the 1990s. She wrote the 1995 book “The Apartheid of Sex: A Manifesto on the Freedom of Gender."
Dr. Chaps reports on these important issues:
* ObamaCare will subsidize up to 111,500 abortions per year.
* The Pope excommunicates a homosexual priest.
* An evangelical seminary fires a professor because the woman tried to become a transgendered man.
Everyone knows that the Planet is full of drama... Well lets see what drama is brewing today? The Planet is calling for a show so lets give them one shall we?? Will Prentis be calling in to explain recent events and exposures or will he remain silent? Will Joy, Gina and Zuwena finally get to the bottom of their feud? Will the trolls take over the planet for good or remain in Trolls R Us? Will the Planet population accept the transgendered population?
On April 2, 2011, RevKess and KaliSara did a show discussing the issue of transgendered Pagans and their placce in ritual - a direct reference to the PantheaCon Incident. Unfortunately, BTR was having some major technical issues which caused sound break-ups and switchboard disconnects. This week, they are going to cover the topic again and perhaps go in a different direction or off on more tangents than they did before. Both hosts feel the issue is significant enough to be taken seriously, as evidenced by this second broadcast. Ah, the joys of live podcasting.
Join us Tuesday, July 29 at 8pm eastern time with singer/songwriter Georgie Jessup. Listen as we delve into her successful music career from, releasing 5 CDs, 5 WAMA Nominations, Film and Documentaries, to working with autistic children. She is a soul-shaker, norm-breaker, longtime advocate for indigenous peoples' rights, political prisoners, and transgendered people.
Call in number - 347.308.8792
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (81 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (51 chatters)
- SpiritMan Joseph (34 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (23 chatters)
- The Portal (19 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- HOV Radio (13 chatters)
- in5d (12 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (12 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (11 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (10 chatters)
- Tarhaka (9 chatters)
- SHRAonair (9 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (9 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (9 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (8 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (8 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- Jeff Coats X Pitboss Waterfowl (7 chatters)
- Fins Radio (6 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (6 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (5 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (5 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (5 chatters)
- BC Radio (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- 63289 (4 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (4 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (4 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (4 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (4 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (3 chatters)
- The Knicks at Nite Show (3 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (3 chatters)
- Rick Moran (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (3 chatters)
- Draft Countdown (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Black FreeThinkers (2 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- KPN Radio (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- Reality Check2 (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Texas Conflict Coach (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (1 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (1 chatters)
- Transforming The Woman Within (1 chatters)
- The Power Podcast (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (1 chatters)
- PASOS (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (1 chatters)
- Free State Radio (1 chatters)
- MMAPowertalk (1 chatters)
- BishopJD (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Butterfly Living (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- EMONSTA (1 chatters)
- wayneG (1 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (1 chatters)
- Faith In Action Radio (0 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (0 chatters)
- Rado0 (0 chatters)