SORT BY Relevancy
Adam Bickett, one of the race favorites at the 2014 Silver State 508, joins us this evening. Adam is an ultra-cyclist based out of Southern California. He finds great value in the personal discovery and rigorous demands of long distance cycling, and hopes to show others that they also can push their own boundaries and find purpose, happiness, and fulfillment in the process.
10 years after his first double century (200 mile ride), Adam raced the 2014 Race Across the West, finishing a close second over the 880 mile course. This is the first section of, and a stepping stone toward the looming goal now on the horizon: Race Across America. RAAM is the legendary 3,000 mile transcontinental, non-stop race from Oceanside to Annapolis, Maryland that is arguably the most grueling race in the world.
With a world of talent and big dreams, belongs to a new breed of artists who know no creative boundaries. Within his contagious array of unique ability, Jarman has managed to boldly rattle ground throughout the south-eastern United States.
Jarman first broke out in the entertainment industry (in 2006) when he was being sought after both by Lou Pearlman of Transcontinental Records (responsible for signing N’sync, Backstreet boys, and Britney Spears) and Christian Dio of Caliber Records (who has done remixes Michael Jackson and Mary J. Blige) for a spot in the mix of their projects they were both working on separately. After much prayer he decided to work with Dio of Caliber Records in a boy band called UNITED. Through that time he was able to meet and work with people such as Andrea Martin (song writer/voice coach who has worked with Whitney Houston and Mariah Cary) and Glenn Douglas Packard (one of Britney Spear’s choreographers). Even though the boy band project folded due to some personal choices of some of the band members, his career continued to rise, with breakthrough performances that have broke down barriers for small-town boys everywhere.
While much of the country sits in the deep freeze, join Jeremy and Dave as they head down to Florida's coastal highway A1A for a scenic and historic drive down one of the most interesting roads on the East Coast. You'll learn where to find the best beach scenery, as well as the best places to stop along this picturesque byway. The team start their voyage in quaint St. Augustine, home of the Fountain of Youth, and meander their way down the coast.
Also this hour we're joined by Lincoln Highway enthusiast Brian Butko, author of the book Greetings From the Lincoln Highway. He'll tell us about the history of the original transcontinental highway and share some of his favorite spots along the 'Father Road'.
Join us for this week's news from the roadtripper's perspective on This Week in Travel. Jeremy opens up The Travel Archive to listen to a few classic commercials from the golden age of radio, and we enjoy a little comedy in our popular segment On the Lighter Side.
It's another action-packed hour of travel, roadtripping, and fun on Episode 44 of Road Trip Radio, the travel show for the common man!
Due to technical difficulties during the live broadcast, this episode will be replayed Saturday 1/11/14 at 10:00 pm ET / 9:00 pm Central.
Hosts: Kinte @indyshowcase11 https://twitter.com/Indyshowcase11 & Yardley @militant_marker https://twitter.com/militant_marker
Show: Ben Esler aka Sean Voice Mail Number: (323) 596-7469 Live Call in Number: (347) 326-9541 press 1 to enter the host queue Show Twitter https://twitter.com/TalkingHell Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TalkingHellOnWheels email Talkinghellonwheels@gmail.com itunes download https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/talking-hell-on-wheels/id689687310?mt=2 Synopsis Hosts Kinte & Yardley talk to Ben Esler aka Sean McGinnes from Hell on Wheels. Ben Esler is an Australian actor, best known for playing Sean McGinnes in the AMC television series Hell on Wheels, as well as for his role as war hero Chuck Tatum in HBO's The Pacific. Since it began airing in 2011 Esler has been a series regular on Hell on Wheels, a Western focusing on the construction of the transcontinental railroad, on AMC. Esler appears in the role of Sean, an Irish immigrant and ruthless businessman, seeking his fortune in the American West. In 2010 Esler appeared in HBO's Tom Hanks, Gary Goetzman and Steven Spielberg-produced and Emmy Award winning miniseries The Pacific as Private First Class Charles "Chuck" Tatum.
Michael F. Combs an average guy (kind of). He's ambitious and creative, but his dream to fly was hampered by a physical limitation: an irregular heartbeat that nearly took his life. Doctors didn't offer much hope that he would ever fully recover, but after surviving a harrowing near death experience in which he was declared clinically dead twice in three days, Michael was determined to beat the odds -- and he has! In this episoded Michael will talk about his upcoming transcontinental world record flight and his newly released book: "Hope for the Human Spirit." June 10th, 2013 1pm ET To find out more about Michael and his flight and other projects go to: www.forthehumanspirit.com
Michael F. Combs an average guy (kind of). He's ambitious and creative, but his dream to fly was hampered by a physical limitation: an irregular heartbeat that nearly took his life. Doctors didn't offer much hope that he would ever fully recover, but after surviving a harrowing near death experience in which he was declared clinically dead twice in three days, Michael was determined to beat the odds -- and he has!
In this episoded Michael will talk about his upcoming transcontinental world record flight and his newly released book: "Hope for the Human Spirit." June 10th, 2013 1pm ET
To find out more about Michael and his flight and other projects go to: www.forthehumanspirit.com
Protect the American Freeway Now! Tune in every Thursday at 9:00 PM ET to work with other Americans to Protect Our American Freeway System.
History of the Eisenhower Interstate System It was not until June 29, 1956, when President Eisenhower signed the Federal Aid Highway Act, that interstate highways began to meet the challenge of the growing number of automobiles on the nation’s highways. While in Europe during World War II General Eisenhower viewed the ease of travel on the German autobahns. That, coupled with the experiences of a young Lt. Col. Eisenhower in the 1919 Transcontinental Convoy, convinced the President of the overwhelming need for safer and speedier highways. The President also felt that the newer, multi-lane highways were essential to a strong national defense. http://www.eisenhower.archives.gov/research/online_documents/interstate_highway_system.html Take Action Now
Contact State and Federal DOT Oppose Reckless Spending of Public Monies Stop Public Private Partnerships Stop Toll Roads - Toll Taxes Stop Cintra - Foreign Takeover of USA Freeways Call AAA National Hdqtrs 407-444-7000 Unite with Other American Patriots
TURF - Texans Uniting for Reform and Freedom http://www.texasturf.org Stop I-95 Tolls http://notollsi95.com/join-the-coalition.html Keep I-95 Toll Free in Virginia http://www.virginiatollfreei95.com/news Transportation Nation http://transportationnation.org Texans Against Tolls http://texansagainsttolls.com No New Tolls http://www.nonewtolls.com
All Aboard! Road Trip Radio celebrates National Train Day by sharing plenty of tips for planning, enjoying, and saving money on the rails. If you've never taken a long-distance Amtrak train before, then you're in for a treat. Host Jeremy Krug shares his experiences and lets you know how to take a long-distance train trip -- including room and meals -- absolutely free!
This week's Along the Way... takes you to downtown Chicago, the main hub for transcontinental Amtrak travel and the home of historic Union Station. To top it off, host Jeremy Krug & co-host Dave Godar discuss the biggest stories in travel this week, as well as feature our popular comedy series, On the Lighter Side. This week's Road Trip Tips will feature a packing list for the special things you'll need while traveling by train.
It's another hour of travel and fun on Road Trip Radio!
Gary Duvall is working hard to get in shape for the 2013 Northern Transcontinental PAC Tour. We'll be checking in with him as often as possible as he rides his bike across the country. Gary joins us this morning to tell us about the upcoming trip and his mission to raise awareness of Crohn's Disease.
THIS IS A PRE-RECORD!
Get in the wind with the Civil Alert Radio as we welcome Taj Tarik Bey (America) and Esther Stanford (United Kingdom). Subject Matter: Nationality, Status, Birthrights, Papal Bulls, Reparations and the dichotomy between the current conditions in America and the UK.
Taj Tarik Bey - Master Teacher, Grand Sheik, Author and a Founding Member of the Moors Heritage & History School which was established to assist in the moving of info surrounding the Moors Divine and National Movement of the World. He is the Emir of the Great Seal and Founder of the Moors Order of the Round Table (M.O.O.The R.), a civic association of active Moorish Americans that serve to bring facts regarding history, heritage, law, policy, nationality, birthright, spirituality and philosophy. The Moors Order of the Round Table works to counter misinformation propagated by conflicting interest organizations and specially appointed opportunists. To date, Taj has written over 30+ books and his classes and lectures have touched the ear of thousands.
Esther Stanford - is an internationally known Reparationist, Lawyer, Jurisconsult, who filed a claim against the Queen of England for crimes against humanity. In addition, she is a community advocate and Radio Broadcaster for the Voice of Africa and Founder/Director of Soul Law, a not-for-profit social enterprise which delivers law related education and training programmers and services.
Connect and join in to bear witness to this dynamic transcontinental gnosis transfer. Like always, have your pen and paper ready.
Civil Alert Radio Informative, Engaging and 3rd Eye Opening Tuesdays • 9:30-11:30 P.M. EST • 858.357.8450 (Press Option 1 to Ask/Speak)
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (83 chatters)
- thelordshour (32 chatters)
- The Portal (23 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (14 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (14 chatters)
- Tha Boxing Voice Radio Show (13 chatters)
- TheThinkingAtheist (13 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (11 chatters)
- Bigfoot Ground Zero (11 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (10 chatters)
- HOV Radio (9 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- WitchTalk Radio0 (7 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (7 chatters)
- Life Coach Chat Channel (7 chatters)
- ShamanBarbandB (7 chatters)
- Jeff Coats X Pitboss Waterfowl (6 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (6 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (5 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (5 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- Aquatic Wetline (5 chatters)
- SHRAonair (5 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (5 chatters)
- Omega Man (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- Twin Radio (5 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (4 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (4 chatters)
- Tarhaka (4 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (4 chatters)
- 3 Counselors and a Couch (4 chatters)
- Electric KoolAid for the Road (4 chatters)
- Fins Radio (4 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (3 chatters)
- Joyful Living for Women (3 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (3 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (3 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (3 chatters)
- TNNDN (3 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (3 chatters)
- Wajm Radio (3 chatters)
- wayneG (3 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (2 chatters)
- The Nerd Port Network (2 chatters)
- The Peoples America (2 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (2 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (2 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (2 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- Texas Conflict Coach (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (2 chatters)
- Rick Moran (2 chatters)
- DiandraSmithXHall (2 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- Krista Dickan (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- Internationaldynastyartists (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- 63289 (1 chatters)
- Dr Fred (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- DAnne Burley Show (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- BishopDerianHouse (1 chatters)
- BishopJD (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Real Talk With Robert Simmons (1 chatters)
- RefJeremy (1 chatters)
- Relationship Reinvented (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Christian Network (1 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (1 chatters)
- NathanWalters0 (1 chatters)
- The Power Podcast (1 chatters)
- thedean (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (1 chatters)
- Pastor Rebecca (0 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (0 chatters)