SORT BY Relevancy
Our conversation leads us to a discussion about saving our children and how to truly be a voice for their well being. We are seeing a shift in dynamics, our children are being targeted, arrested with heavy sentences for petty crimes. Targeted as social media stars by attacking one another and broacasting it and even murdered at the hands of yhe police. When do we say enough is enough? When do we start speaking up for those who are need advocates for them? Join me as I discuss the idea of child advocacy and how we can start saving our youth!
TONIGHT! TONIGHT! Join Ms. Paula tonight as she welcomes Byron S. Cole , founder of Fathers Advocacy Tuesday, Sept. 30th, 2014 @ 5PM MST. Live Call-in @ 646.716.7572
THE ALL NEW "EDUCATION OF THE MIS-EDUCATED SYSTEM w/Ms. Paula Massey" is BACK!!!
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HOMESCHOOLING YOUR CHILD? JOIN US TONIGHT@ 5:00 PM MST, PST, 7:00 PM CST, and 8:00 PM EST for The Education of the Mis-Educated System w/ Paula Massey.....
THIS IS A LIVE CALL-IN SHOW..646.716.7572.......
REVOLUTIONARY RADIO FOR REVOLUTIONARY PEOPLE!-
It's that time of year when everyone is on the hunt for the school supply list, the teacher wish list; and, that Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle backpack that Target had online but can't locate in the store (oh wait, that's MY challenge at the moment).
Seriously, this time of year for many is filled with excitement but for children who learn differently and their parents--there is often very little to be excited about as the fights about homework resume.
According to a 2010 report from the National Center for Learning Disabilities, nearly 2.4 million students are diagnoised with LD and receive special education services in schools.
For parents trying to navigate this educational maze to obtain help for their child, it is often described as the equivilent of attempting to climb Mt. Everest in flipflops.
What do you need to know to advocate effectively for your child? What is an IEP? Who is eligible for a 504 plan? Is there really a difference between a 504 Plan and an IEP? What are the first steps in the IEP process? Does it really speed up the process to get your child tested outside of the school system? What are some types of things you as a parent or guardian can ask to have included in the IEP? We're going to cover all of this and more!
If you have a child that you believe may need extra help in school to thrive then this show is for you!
We will have Licensed Psychologist Dr. Arcella Trimble as our guest to help navigate the waters on Educational Advocacy 101 for Parents and Guardians as well as blogger Karen Wesley Weaver.
Karen's blog, Confessions of An Asperger's Mom (http://confessionsofanaspergersmom.blogspot.com/) has been featured on Mamapedia and is listed on the Top Mommy Blogs http://www.topmommyblogs.com (yes, please go vote for Confessions of An Asperger's Mom).
The mission of Pan Africa Children Advocacy Watch (PACAW), Inc. is to nurture and develop a different generation of African leaders through the vehicle of ACCESS to a NEW EDUCATION CULTURE AT THE BASIC LEVEL. A type of education that will focus on turning the gaze of the children away from avarice, extortion, selfishness, the vain, and obsession with accumulation of material wealth, and prepare them for leadership that embraces living for a higher purpose.
PACAW will empower these children and young men and women, through education, to subjugate their personal and tribal interests to the interest and well - being of their nations. PACAW is focusing in particular on the education of students in the primary and secondary schools in the neglected and underserved communities in Sub-Sahara Africa. The parents and the local community, including the Parent Teacher Association (PTA), play a central role in charting the course of the future of the children in accordance with their aspirations, and also in the implementation of the objectives of PACAW, Inc. There is strict monitoring and accountability by the PTA, school officials and PACAW, Inc.
The goal is to have a critical mass of a new and different generation of African leaders who will champion de facto development of Africa by Africans. Our hope is that these " NEW " African nations will become productive contributors to the well-being of the human family of nations, and partners with the other developed nations rather than dependents drowning in a culture of chronic beggarliness. PACAW, Inc. believes that intelligence, capability, courage and good character are spread handsomely by OUR CREATOR across all segments of the human race. Thus, with the right type of education, and persistent help from altruistic and visionary mentors, the new leadership in Africa would be able to overcome the Continent's monumental problems.
INNERSIGHT - By not having accessibility, agencies reenforce a negative attitude towards the disabled!
Frank Perino - Host
Suzanne Tarazi-Ferraro - Co-Host
INNERSIGHT Means 'FREEDOM'
Advocates for the Disabled
We are a group of disabled Veterans who are active advocates for the rights of veterans who have served in the United States Military and their families. We advocate for the rights of veterans. We talk to the the politicians who want to talk to us and we promote Americanism.
Mondays Hosts: Jonathan Bibbins, Michael Fortune And Dr Jorge Anderson
Topic: Open Forum
Tuesdays Hosts: Stephanie Ruscigno
Topic Miltary Sexual Trauma
Wednesday Hotess: Marilyn Wyche
Topic VA Benefits
Thursday Host George Cash/ Michael Fortune
Suzanne Perry, founder of Love Shouldn't Hurt TV, was a 22 year victim of domestic violence at the hands of her husband. Today, she is a confidence coach, speaker, presents workshops, education and awareness events surrounding domestic abuse and bullying. She puts on an annual 3-day "EXPOSURE Concert" that streams worldwide to unite the world to eradicate domestic violence. Her story, advocacy work and support services have been featured on "Public Report," "By the People" and "Health Matters" TV shows and widespread in print and digital media.
Join us on October 21st to learn about how to pick up on early warning signs of abuse.
Join us for a conversation with Tina Marie DeLong, founding member of Decoding Dyslexia Pennsylvania, a grass roots movement driven by PA families concerned with the limited access to educational interventions for dyslexia within our public schools. Decoding Dyslexia PA is an integral part of the Pennsylvania Dyslexia Literacy Coalition (PA DLC), the alliance formed for both grass roots and professional organizations. Joining Tina will be Mary Lawson, of the Chester County Right to Education Task Force.
We'll talk about the need for a universal definition and understanding of “dyslexia” in the state education code, teacher training on dyslexia, its warning signs and appropriate intervention strategies, early screening tests for dyslexia, the importance of remediation programs that can be accessed by both general and special education populations, access to appropriate assistive technologies in the public school setting for students with dyslexia, and much, much more!
PA Independent Living Radio Show is brought to you every Friday at 12:00 pm EST/EDT by The Arc of Luzerne County. Please consider a donation in support of our work to help improve the quality of life for people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and their families.
Thanks for listening!
Next Saturday is National Pit Bull Awareness Day and the march on State capitals for Freeze, Don't Shoot. We hope you'll join us and call in telling us about your events!
347-838-8615 is the call in number, phone lines open at the top of the show. We're also looking for a part time co-host, so let us know if you're interested. You need not commit ful time.
~ Dogfather and the PBA crew
Human Rights for Prisoners March, hosted by Mary “Loves Justice” Neal
The call-in number for "Justice for All" shows is (818)572.2947
Advocacy for adequate defense, fair trials, drug courts, mental health courts, post-conviction DNA tests, safe and humane incarceration, and successful re-entry.
Advocacy against prisoner abuse, avoidable deaths caused by police and correctional officers, solitary confinement, children tried and sentenced as adults, criminalizing mental illness, inadequate health care, wrongful convictions, law of parties, three-strikes law, enforced prison labor, and capital punishment.
Guests include people who have experienced, or who have specialized knowledge about, prison conditions and overuse of force by police or correctional officers, or any subject related to crime and punishment, including improvements proposed or realized.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (102 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (47 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (30 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (27 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (23 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (20 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (20 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (20 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (20 chatters)
- in5d (16 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (15 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (15 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (13 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (13 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (12 chatters)
- Odwirafo (12 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (11 chatters)
- RCRadio (10 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (9 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (9 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (9 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (7 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (7 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (5 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (5 chatters)
- New Colony Network (5 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (5 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- Black FreeThinkers (5 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (5 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (5 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (5 chatters)
- Exit Babylon (5 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (5 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (4 chatters)
- TopSportsReport (4 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Renegade Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (3 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (3 chatters)
- Ashes2Beauty (3 chatters)
- Aimee Montgomery Min (3 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (3 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (2 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (2 chatters)
- wayneG (2 chatters)
- The View from Montana (2 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (2 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (2 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (2 chatters)
- Heroes 101 Radio (2 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- FantasyTrade411 Radio (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- G220 Radio (2 chatters)
- MMAPowertalk (2 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (2 chatters)
- Life Conversations (2 chatters)
- Reality Check2 (2 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- Lisa Lamont (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (1 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (1 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- drinkfive (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- SLZE Sports (1 chatters)
- SURN Host (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)