SORT BY Relevancy
As a former caregiver to another adult and a single parent raising two young sons with autism, Michele-Marie Roberts understands the problems well; but after a particularly disastrous date, she decided to take matters into her own hands. The result is WAVELENGTH dating, http://wavelengthdating.com, a dating website that makes it easy for people like her to meet other singles on their same wavelength.
Michele-Marie will offer tips and suggestions to help you feel comfortable and confident as you date during your caregiving experience.
"In the course of a day..."
"Every caregiver has been there: completely stressed, at our wits' end, wanting to scream or laugh or cry (or all three). And while it's nice to imagine that there's some magic way to make all that tension vanish, caregivers know better. Caregiving is stressful, day in and day out. There's no quick and easy cure for that." (quoted from Caring.com.Caregiving and Stress, May 28,2013)
Thank You for joining us today on 'Be A Healthy Caregiver' hosted by Chris MacLellan, 'The Bow-Tie-Guy' on Blog Talk Radio!
Today's Guest: Nate Purpura from eHealth, Inc.
Today's Topic: The Financial Struggles in Caregiving
There is an estimated 44 million working family Caregivers in the United States today. Recent studies also indicate that due to time off of work, Caregivers can expect to lose wages totaling over $140,000! According to eHealth Insurance, about one-third of adults who provide unpaid care for their elderly parents say they'll have to use their own retirement savings to help their parents financially.
Our guest today, Nate Purpura, is the Director of Public Relations for eHealthmedicare.com and eHealthinsurance.com - division of eHealth, Inc has spent the last decade working in the health care and insurance industries.
Having a grasp of finances is a critical component to Caregiving, but at times, an area that can be left unattended.
Through our conversation with Nate, we will learn why Caregivers often struggle with finances, along with gaining some helpful tips to make this area of our Caregiving journey less stressful so that we can all 'Be A Healthy Caregiver!'
What's it like to face and manage decisions during caegiving? Trish, who cares for her brother, and Chris, who cares for his partner, join Denise for a discussion about decisions during caregiving. Trish and Chris both blog on CareGiving.com.
Trish also edits our CareGifters book series; our lastest book in the series is the recently-released Decisions. Trish and Chris also will discuss their contributions to the Decisions book.
"In the course of a day..."
"Every caregiver has been there: completely stressed, at our wits' end, wanting to scream or laugh or cry (or all three). And while it's nice to imagine that there's some magic way to make all that tension vanish, caregivers know better. Caregiving is stressful, day in and day out. There's no quick and easy cure for that." (quoted from Caring.com. Caregiving and Stress, May 28,2013)
Caregiving and Stress
What Can a Caregiver Do to De-Stress? A day in the life...
Interview with Dallas and Shelly Shephard
Their son Austin was hit in the head with a baseball at age 10. Now we hear the story of the 10 year journey...
in Self Help
There are different ways of expressing grief. In her ground breaking work, Eleanor describes the act of providing care to chronically ill family members as an expression of grief. Eleanor took the styles of instrumental and intuitive grieving originally devised for death related circumstances and applied them into the caregiving experience, especially in dealing with progressive and chronic conditions.
In this episode, Dr. Ken Doka, a leading expert in thanatology and grief counseling is Eleanor's guest, speaking about the instrumental style of grieving that he was involved in developing and writing about as co-author of the (2000) book Men Don't Cry, Women Do: Transcending Gender Stereotypes of Grief and then the (revised 2010) book Grieving Beyond Gender: Understanding the Ways Men and Women Mourn .
Eleanor applied these styles and other grief models intended for death related circumstances to family caregivers in her 2007 article Introducing the 3-A Grief Intervention Model for Dementia Caregivers:: Acknowledge, Assess, Assist.
Further information can be found on the website www.eleanorsilverberg.com
Pew Research Center released a study last month that says about 39% of U. S. adults–up from 30% in 2010–care for an adult or child with significant health issues. In other words, two in every five individuals are family caregivers. I’ve been thinking about this number because I can’t quite get it to add up. Here’s why. If 39% of U.S. adults are family caregivers, why is caregiving still such a lonely and isolating experience?
Denise will discuss this question with her panel of family caregivers: ejourneys, who cares for her partner; Jane, who cares for her daughter; and Richard, who cares for his mome.
Join Host Live Chats
- TheThinkingAtheist (111 chatters)
- SHRAonair (40 chatters)
- Omega Man (17 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (16 chatters)
- shadowseeker01 (14 chatters)
- Not Politically Correct with Trisha (12 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (10 chatters)
- Patriot Family (9 chatters)
- HOV Radio (9 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (8 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (8 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (6 chatters)
- LibertyRules (6 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (6 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (5 chatters)
- Lady Sapphire Radio (5 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (5 chatters)
- Tech Expresso Cafe (4 chatters)
- OPWR (4 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (4 chatters)
- carsonscorner (3 chatters)
- Alaska Talks Liberty (3 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B Frank Stylz (3 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (3 chatters)
- We are TOPS (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- The Dr Kim Show (2 chatters)
- Empowered By Christ (2 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (2 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (2 chatters)
- Common Sense for America (2 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- FanvsFan0 (2 chatters)
- FulfilledRadio (2 chatters)
- Its All You (1 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio1 (1 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (1 chatters)
- CTKRMinistries (1 chatters)
- Everything But Normal (1 chatters)
- Family Of a Vet (1 chatters)
- The Conversation Cafe (1 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (1 chatters)
- RevUp with Rev Alethea (1 chatters)
- REALCOMBATMEDIA (1 chatters)
- Work It Sis (1 chatters)
- Youth Speaks (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Tribulation News (1 chatters)
- The Peoples America (0 chatters)