SORT BY Relevancy
On Friday February 13th at 8pm est, 7pm cst and 5pm pst, join hosts Ken McKeighen and Ken Boorman for a special Green Scene just in time for spring. They will be joined by heirloom tomato breeder Dean Slater and some of his plant breeders to discuss care and keeping of these garden favorites. Please visit Natures Talk show website and join our live chat room to ask questions or leave comments.
Part 3 of 3: Originally Aired June 2, 2013
Dianne Linderman talks about parenting and how to raise successful kids.
Looking for some good recipes with tomato and basil? Get Dianne's Tomato Basil Baguette Sandwich Recipe and a Homemade Tomato Basil Soup Recipe – both perfect for those delicious summer tomatoes that you will start seeing in stores and farmers markets any day now!
Get more of Dianne's recipes at http://everythingthatmattersinthekitchen.com and be sure to check out Dianne's cook book Everything That Matters in the Kitchen and Dianne's book series for entrepreneurial kids titled How to Become an Entrepreneurial Kid.
On Paired with Chef Mary and Duane our food and wine experts are talking with Laura Taylor of Tomato Matters learning her heirloom tomato secrets– how to grow heirlooms, the best soil to use, the different varieties, how to store and cut tomatoes – and the recipes and wines that go best with these tart and tangy fruits, yes, fruits.
The show first broadcasts Saturday, July 26th at 1:30 pm EDT. For more information about Laura and Tomato Matters please go to tomatomatters.com and don’t forget this you can buy your very own heirloom plant before the show and ask questions on how to grow it at your own home this summer, it’s not too late.
Tomatoes are in season! Tastings, festivals, fairs and you name it, everyone is going bonkers for Tomatoes. Slow Food Solano is taking the passion for tomatoes to a new height by sponsoring "Tomato Day" in Vacaville, California where a tasting, education and craft fair is an annual event to help raise funds for School Gardens. This program looks at the history and lore of tomatoes and takes listeners on site of the 2013 tomato day festivities in Solano County, California.
We will discuss how to lead our group participants through the complex thought process necessary to reach consensus and a successful outcome.
As usual, we will also discuss two delicious recipes for sharing. The "safe" recipe will be Tomato and Chicken Fettuccine, and the "adventure" recipe will be Jambalaya.
Join Nancy Reid & Lisa Smith – publishers of Big Blend Radio & TV Magazine, for this episode of Big Blend Radio’s EAT, DRINK and BE MERRY show, airing live form the historic Coronado Motor Hotel in Yuma, Arizona. Featured guests:
- Chef Ivan Flowers, the Five Star Executive Chef of Top of the Market in San Diego, CA discusses using fresh herbs in cooking, and shares his recipe for Tomato Confit with Thyme.
- Howard & Ruth Milstein, husband-wife food and wine experts, with Ruth the author of 'Cooking with Love: Ventures Into The New Israeli Cuisine', discuss wine storage, serving wine, and wine tasting parties.
Join Host Live Chats
- Radio Jihad Network (7 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (2 chatters)
- Mathis Media Hub Radio (2 chatters)
- TLO Ministry (2 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (1 chatters)
- SANDRA WILSON SHOW (1 chatters)
- Sharry Edwards (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (0 chatters)
- Diamond Kesawn Presents (0 chatters)