SORT BY Relevancy
On this episode of The Black Geeks Radio Show:
- We review the latest movie about America's favorite Heroes in a Half Shell. Check out our review of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
- This week, Zack Synder defended the Aquaman character, without confirming is he will actually be in the Bat v. Sups Movie. We'll talk about the Aquaman character and his possible appearance in the next DC Comics Mega Movie
- Finally, we need to do a quick check in with the Geeks to see what's been going on with them. What are they reading, what are they watching, what are the playing, what's hot on their tech list.
- As usual we'll also have our Sith News segment and a new sponsor.
On this week's ScreenPicks Movie Show, we review four new films. First, we'll discuss the latest remake of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Then, we review the new tornado thriller Into the Storm. After that, we review Helen Mirren's new movie The Hundred-Foot Journey. And finally, we'll discuss Daniel Radcliffe's latest effort What If.
Cowabunga! On this weeks' show, Michael Bay and the guy who brought you Battle: Los Angeles try not to ruin your childhood with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Plus, a review of the culinary rom-com The Hundred-Foot Journey starring Helen Mirren, and John Michael McDonagh's dark religious comedy, Calvary.
This plus news on Batman v Superman, a possible female spinoff of The Amazing Spider-Man, and much more!
Memorial Day Weekend, the un-official start of summer and the time where you get drunk with your family and hash out your opinions on just about everything. So, who better to bring into the studio, live, than Patrick and Zack!
We've had these brothers on seperate shows (Patrick ep.20 and Zack ep.11), but never at the same time, so this'll be a blast, for sure! We're talkin, about Godzilla, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Dawn of the Dead (Zombies) and whatever the hell we feel like talkin' about.
So, grab a cold one and join us!
Kevin Eastman Bio Born in Portland, Maine in 1962 Kevin Eastman began drawing at a very young age copying children’s books and reading comics. Inspired by master storyteller Jack Kirby, and later by self publishing creators Richard Corben, Vaughn Bode, and Dave Sim, all of his early work focused more on Science Fiction influences than traditional Superhero style comics. In 1982, he met Peter Laird in Northampton, Massachusetts and the partnership studio; Mirage Studios was formed. Less than a year later in the middle of a late night jam session, Eastman doodled a new character he dubbed a “Ninja Turtle” to make Laird laugh—several sketches a final drawing of four characters later “Eastman and Laird’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles” had officially entered the universe! Self published in May of 1984 the first issue sold out of its 3000 copies. Catching the eye of Merchandising Agents and Hollywood Producers, Eastman and Laird maintained full control of their creations while guiding them through Toy Licensing, TV Series adaptation, as well as Feature Film exploitation. Eastman found time to establish the “Words and Pictures Museum of Cartoon Art”, created an artist friendly publishing company, “Tundra Publishing” where projects like “The Crow” “From Hell” and “American Splendor” first flourished, as well as purchased world renowned “Heavy Metal Magazine.” He recently partnered with Writer, Director; Producer Robert Rodriguez to develop a new series of Heavy Metal inspired Animated and Live Action films. You can email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Twitter @123Film
We are discussing Turtles on tonight's show. Andrew Pardey is an avid turtle breeder and keeper from NSW. It's about time that we had animals of the shelled variety on the show!
Andrew currently owns 8 ponds with turtles in them and another 1 for plants and breeding live food. He has owned large numbers of different species over the years, but has settled on keeping Eastern Long Necks, Macleay River Short Necks, Hunter River Short Necks and Saw Shells.
Robert Winfree continues his exploration of comic book villains, this time tackling the quintessential 1980's franchise, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
After a few one to two release weekends we're full up this week on the Punch Drunk Podcast with 4 movies to talk about. First up we return, yet again, to the late 80's with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, then to this years disaster flick Into The Storm. Rounding out with another dramatic turn for Harry Potter as Daniel Radcliffe stars in What If, and Helen Mirren in The Hundred Foot Journey.
Release Date: August 7, 2014 (p.m. screenings)
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Jonathan Liebesman
Screenwriter: Josh Appelbaum, Andrew Nemec, Art Marcum, Matt Holloway, John Fusco
Starring: Megan Fox, Alan Ritchson, Jeremy Howard, Pete Ploszek, Noel Fisher, Will Arnett, Danny Woodburn, William Fichtner, Johnny Knoxville, Tony Shalhoub
Genre: Action, Adventure
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for sci-fi action violence)
Official Website: TeenageMutantNinjaTurtlesmovie.com
Plot Summary: The city needs heroes. Darkness has settled over New York City as Shredder and his evil Foot Clan have an iron grip on everything from the police to the politicians. The future is grim until four unlikely outcast brothers rise from the sewers and discover their destiny as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The Turtles must work with fearless reporter April O'Neil (Megan Fox) and her wise-cracking cameraman Vern Fenwick (Will Arnett) to save the city and unravel Shredder's diabolical plan
This Wednesday, August 14th at 8:00 pm we will discuss Spotted Turtles with Joshua Holbrook. The Clemmys genus is beloved by turtle enthusiasts everywhere and the C. Guttata is certainly the gem of the group. Learn about their natural habits and care in captivity on the next Other Herpcast!
Join us for a look into many different topics on this first episode of Behind The Glass in June.
Topics to be covered include but are not limited to;
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (59 chatters)
- Ms Blue (43 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (36 chatters)
- Amy Peikoff (34 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (31 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (25 chatters)
- Curious Times (20 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (18 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (17 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (16 chatters)
- Dr Auset (15 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (10 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (10 chatters)
- The Psychic Cow (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (8 chatters)
- Bay Bridge Sports Hub (6 chatters)
- Wake Da Fuq Up (4 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (4 chatters)
- Wolf Bytes (3 chatters)
- Thirdphaseofmoon UFO Sightings (3 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (3 chatters)
- AngelBlueEyes (3 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- GrapeApe Untamed (2 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (2 chatters)
- 64420 (2 chatters)
- The Lotus Place (2 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (1 chatters)
- Omega Man Channel 2 (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Crankhouse Radio (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Black Swan Radio (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (0 chatters)