SORT BY Relevancy
This week the St. Christopher’s Inn Recovery Radio Podcast focuses on dealing with Grief, Loss and Tragedy in Recovery. The show was recorded one week after the shooting in Newtown Connecticut, and host David Gerber interviews St. Christopher’s Inn’s Assistant Director Amy Sucich on how people in recovery or not deal with tragedy. The show addresses how to cope with individual and national tragedies without the use of alcohol and drugs.
Janelle Breese Biagioni, RPC is an author, speaker, and counsellor with expertise in grief, loss, life transitions and brain injury. Janelle has significant experience with brain injury in her family and she has worked for the last decade as Editor of Headline Magazine and with The Cridge Centre for the Family Brain Injury Services providing community service.
She is the author of A Change of Mind: One Family’s Journey through Brain Injury and the upcoming book, Life Losses: Healing for a Broken Heart and a contributor to Brain Injury Journey – Hope, Help, Healing.
Visit her website at www.lifelosses.com. You can also find her at the Lash Publishing site at www.lapublishing.com
This show is a gathering place for anyone seeking recovery from the challenges of life on life's terms. I introduce topics, and survivor's share their experience, strength and hope. We discuss useful tools that have helped us lighten the load, of our journey through recovery.
More will be revealed! Tune in, stop in and call in. This is a "we" recovery program, because it is in the "we," that we find the new "me."
We focus on the four A's of Recovery...Awareness, Acceptance, Action and Adaptation. This is a place for survivor's striving to become thrivers. :)
Some nights we will have a featured guest, and others we will introduce a topic of recovery, encouraging callers to join us in the discussion.
Host is Kim Justus, author of In a Flash: Miracles Here and Beyond found at www.inaflash.org
in Self Help
The only radio show dedicated to the issues of groef and loss.
Thsi week's conversation will be about the psychology of grief.
What makes understanding a grief experience different from other experiences? Why does the way we approach and move through grief seem counterintuitive?
What is the ultimate "paradox" of grief?
In the latest edition of the Encouragement Group, David Gerber takes a scene from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and makes a powerful and encouraging link to recovery. In this scene Indiana Jones shows patience and "chooses wisely" and drinks from the cup of Jesus to provide eternal life to his father. The link to recovery? The power of choice, demonstrating patience and not choosing what looks better than it really is- all virtues in recovery. As always, miracles will be shared.
Todays encouragement group inspires people to fall in love with recovery. David Gerber likens the relationship one has with recovery to the beginning of an intimate social relationship, and questions participants "What would happen if you fell in love with recovery?" How much more easy would life be if you could commit yourself to a relationship with recovery? As always, miracles will be shared.
in Self Help
The only radio show dedicated to the issues of grief and loss.
This week's conversation will focus on relationships and loss. This is the second part of a series abouot relationships.
What happens when the person who has hurt you has died?
Is there relief?
Is there guilt?
Whatis the pain of your grief?
Join me for a talk about this kind of loss.
You are welcomedto call in.
Sports are a part of our culture. There are messages that may be gleened from sports that go beyond the contests on the fields and gyms. In treatment and recovery, sports analogies are ever present to deliver powerful messages. In today's recovery radio podcast host David Gerber welcomes back Michael Boccia to share some of his favorite sports messages and how they relate to recovery.
in Self Help
There are different ways of expressing grief. In her ground breaking work, Eleanor describes the act of providing care to chronically ill family members as an expression of grief. Eleanor took the styles of instrumental and intuitive grieving originally devised for death related circumstances and applied them into the caregiving experience, especially in dealing with progressive and chronic conditions.
In this episode, Dr. Ken Doka, a leading expert in thanatology and grief counseling is Eleanor's guest, speaking about the instrumental style of grieving that he was involved in developing and writing about as co-author of the (2000) book Men Don't Cry, Women Do: Transcending Gender Stereotypes of Grief and then the (revised 2010) book Grieving Beyond Gender: Understanding the Ways Men and Women Mourn .
Eleanor applied these styles and other grief models intended for death related circumstances to family caregivers in her 2007 article Introducing the 3-A Grief Intervention Model for Dementia Caregivers:: Acknowledge, Assess, Assist.
Further information can be found on the website www.eleanorsilverberg.com
The latest edition of the Recovery Radio Podcast features host Laurel McCullagh interviewing David Gerber on the topic of How and Why Substance Use Progresses. David takes listeners through the typical progression of addiction, and identifies shifts in this progression for our younger generation. In addition, David shares with listeners a key component to why people use drugs and why alcohol and drug use progresses beyond experimental use.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (222 chatters)
- TheThinkingAtheist (110 chatters)
- SHRAonair (46 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (26 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (22 chatters)
- Omega Man (19 chatters)
- shadowseeker01 (16 chatters)
- Not Politically Correct with Trisha (13 chatters)
- in5d (11 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (11 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (10 chatters)
- SpiritMan Joseph (10 chatters)
- CSTC Podcast Network (9 chatters)
- LibertyRules (8 chatters)
- Patriot Family (8 chatters)
- K9 Sports Konnection (7 chatters)
- HOV Radio (7 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (7 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (7 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (6 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (6 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (6 chatters)
- Wolf and the bear Network (5 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (5 chatters)
- OPWR (5 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (5 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (4 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (4 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (4 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (4 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (4 chatters)
- Tech Expresso Cafe (3 chatters)
- Objectively Speaking (3 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Alaska Talks Liberty (3 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (3 chatters)
- WKPJB 1039 The Indie Storm (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- The Nitelifer Circle of Sanity (2 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (2 chatters)
- Common Sense for America (2 chatters)
- DYNASTY NETWORK 1382 (2 chatters)
- Electric KoolAid for the Road (2 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (2 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- Kawakab (2 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (2 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Rick Moran (2 chatters)
- Road to Redemption Ministries (1 chatters)
- REALCOMBATMEDIA (1 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Christian Network (1 chatters)
- Taboo Fetish Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- Ms Cyndi (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (1 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (1 chatters)
- Its All You (1 chatters)
- JetNation Radio (1 chatters)
- Fins Radio (1 chatters)
- DeMarco Real Talk (1 chatters)
- EnriquePascal (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Everything But Normal (1 chatters)
- Family Of a Vet (1 chatters)
- Art Bulla (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Become The Source (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Body of Christ (1 chatters)
- The Real Time Music Network (1 chatters)
- Variety Radio Online (1 chatters)
- Vernon Moore (1 chatters)
- Tribulation News (1 chatters)
- Your Enlightenment Zone (1 chatters)
- Youth Speaks (1 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (0 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (0 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (0 chatters)
- Lotus Media Productions (0 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (0 chatters)