SORT BY Relevancy
Pelotonia is a grassroots bike tour with one goal: raise money to fund cancer research. Period. Joining us to discuss the impact Pelotonia has, and the research funded by this three day experience, are Doug Ulman (President & CEO of Pelotonia) and Dr. Michael Caligiuri (Director of The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, CEO The James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute) In the Survivor Spotlight, we welcome young adult survivor Madison Miller (Founder, Spark The Way)
In this episode, we talk with Boston-based educational consultant Michele Rosenthal (Assistant Dean of Undergraduate Programs at Sawyer Business School, Suffolk University) about navigating cancer and the college experience and the art of finding appropriate on-campus resources. Survivor Spotlight on young adult survivor Mallory Casperson (Founder/CEO at Lacuna Loft.)
The metastatic breast cancer experience is often overlooked, misunderstood or silenced by those who fear it due to lack of knowledge and education. Joining us is MJ DeCoteau, (Executive Director and Founder, Rethink Breast Cancer) to discuss the metastatic breast cancer awareness day and what Rethink Breast Cancer is doing to support the metastatic community. Survivor Spotlight on breast cancer survivor Christa Wittmier.
In this episode, we welcome Dr. Barbara Gitlitz (Principal Investigator of GoYLC), and young adult lung cancer survivors Sandy Jauregui and Jeff Julian to discuss the genomics of young adult lung cancer, clinical trials and targeted therapies. Survivor/Advocate spotlight on Katie Brown (VP, Survivorship, LUNGEVITY)
4/13/2015 —In this episode, we talk with Billy Paymaster, COO/Director of Marketing & Communications for Hope For Young Adults With Cancer and this year's Get Busy Living Award winner Katie Lundy. Survivor Spotlight on Protect The Pecs Director/Founder, Steve Del Gardo.
Host Neka chats about myths and facts about breast cancer. Join us and listen in as she shares her own life experiences on the subject matter. Breast cancer is no longer a death sentence says The Cancer Center. Be sure to check your breast monthly for early detection. This advice is for both men and women!
Cancer is a disease in which cells in the body grow out of control. When cancer starts in the breast, it is called breast cancer. Except for skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer in American women. Breast cancer screening means checking a woman’s breasts for cancer before she has any symptoms.. Mammograms are the best way to find breast cancer early, when it is easier to treat and before it is big enough to feel or cause symptoms. Most women who are 50 to 74 years old should have a screening mammogram every two years. If you are 40 to 49years old, or think you may have a higher risk of breast cancer, ask your doctor when to have a screening mammogram. Some things may increase your risk. If you have risk factors, you may be more likely to get breast cancer.
Reproductive risk factors
• Being younger when you had your first menstrual period.
• Never giving birth, or being older at the birth of your first child.
• Starting menopause at a later age.• Using hormone replacement therapy for a long time.
Other risk factors
• Getting older.
• A personal history of breast cancer, dense breasts, or some other
• A family history of breast cancer (parent, sibling, or child).
• Changes in your breast cancer-related genes (BRCA1 or BRCA2).
• Getting radiation therapy to the breast or chest.
• Being overweight, especially after menopause.
Can’t afford a mammogram?
If you have a low income or do not haveinsurance and are between the ages of
40 and 64, you may qualify for a free or
low-cost mammogram through CDC’s
National Breast and Cervical Cancer
Early Detection Program. To learn more,
call (800) CDC-INFO. Ref: cdc.gov
3/23/2015 —In this episode, we talk with Young Adult Cancer Connection's Dakota Fisher-Vance (Co-Founder) and Rachel Wetzel (member) about the growing Philadelphia young adult cancer community — AND the first ever Cancervention Conference. Survivor Spotlight on ovarian cancer survivor, actorvist, writer, and founder of Bald Is Beautiful Sharon Blynn.
3/9/2015 —In this episode, we talk with Dr. Thomas Weber (President, Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation) and Katie Rich about the Colon Cancer Challenge Foundation and the first ever early age onset/young adult colorectal cancer summit. Survivor Spotlight on international motivational speaker and public health advocate Jessica Melore
Anna's Journey has a 2015 mission to raise awareness about cancer - from research to diagnosis to treatment to remission or cures. Visit with Anna Renault on her Thursday Anna's Journey radio shows to hear many ins and outs of cancer - the medical side, as well as the non-medical side of this life changing disease!
Jone the show live at 8 AM on Thursday September 3 and again on September 17... OR listen to the podcast replays which are available 24/7 on www.blogtalkradio.com/anna-renault
Join Host Live Chats
- The Portal - Dorothy (30 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (27 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (12 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (11 chatters)
- GiftedAngelDel (7 chatters)
- Patriot Family (6 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (5 chatters)
- Ron March Show (5 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- Voices on Fire for Christ (2 chatters)
- FulfilledRadio (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- LibertyRules (2 chatters)
- SHRAonair (2 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (2 chatters)
- MR SYCAMORES PLACE (2 chatters)
- RadioFPC2015 (2 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- Prophetic Message (1 chatters)
- Papa CE (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Twin Radio (1 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (1 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (1 chatters)
- Living In America (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (1 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (1 chatters)
- JASmius (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- BC Interruption Radio (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (1 chatters)
- Butterfly Living (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- DEMALIVE (1 chatters)
- WGUM Glory United Ministries (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- Unlimited Love and Life (1 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (0 chatters)