SORT BY Relevancy
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Tues. Aug, 25th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. We’ll discuss “How Philadelphia Made African American History Mandatory for Graduation”!!! CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) A new municipal judge in Ferguson, MO on Monday ordered sweeping changes to court practices in response to the DOJ report. He ordered that all Arrest Warrants issued before Dec. 31st 2014 be withdrawn. 2) Students In Philadelphia Can’t Graduate Without Taking African-American History. This needs to be nationwide. 3) A juror in the Johnathan Ferrell shooting death says it was Ferrell who was actually on trial. 4) Republican Presidential Candidate Mike Huckabee shows his ignorance about Black Lives Matter and Dr. King. 5) This date in African American History – Althea Gipson and The Red Summer Riots of 1919.
Listen to what we're doing...what we're offering and why you and your children should join us!
Our lessons are about American History, but will also include some geography, a little language lesson and information about some key people in our history.
Of all the things Americans traditionally associate with Thanksgiving — turkey, family, football — politics doesn't rate high on the list.
But the national holiday and the political world have intersected at times and generated some headlines to remember.
Here are a few memorable Thanksgiving political moments: Join Me This Thanksgiving at a Special Time, Thanksgiving morning
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Wed. June, 24th, 10pm-12midnight EST (7pm – 9pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) The debate over the Confederate Flag continues as States and Retailers come out against it. We’ll deal with some of “The History of the Confederate Flag” and some little known facts about it. 2) Details about the Freddie Gray autopsy have been released and gives more insight into his injuries. 3) Is President Obama snubbing African American Newspapers? 4) This date in African American History.
Help Support The African History Network Crowdfunding Campaign. We are trying to raise $200 today to reach our daily goal. If 200 people donate at least $1 we will reach today’s goal. Visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com and click on the “Donate” button.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, June, 29th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/
1) Did you see President Obama’s eulogy for Rev. Clementa Pinckney on Friday? What did you think about it? 2) An activist on Saturday today down the Confederate Battle Flag at the South Carolina State Capitol. Why? What about the American Flag? 3) Legendary Educator Marva Collins has died at age 78. 4) There have been 6 Black churches in the South that have been set on fire. What’s going on? 5) This date in African American History – Muhammad Ali wins his case against the U.S. for refusing to be drafted in the U.S. Army, June 28th, 1971.
TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, 8pm-10pm EST with guest Jessica Holter founder of The Punany Poets. She will talk about The Punany Poets, their upcoming Summer Tour Dates and their upcoming date in Detroit, MI on Friday, June 26th at 1515 Broadway. Tickets are available at www.PunanyTickets.com. Call 510-600-9747 for Customer Service or to inquire about making special announcements, such as anniversaries and engagements at the show. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/06/19/jessica-holter-of-the-punany-poets-part-2-haitian-dominican-history.
Part 2: “The Bloody Origins of the Dominican Republic’s Ethnic ‘Cleansing’ of Haitians”. We did Part 1 on Wednesday, June 17th. We'll continue this discussion on history lesson on tonight's show. Hundreds of thousands of Haitians in The Dominican Republic stand to be deported.
On June 17th, 2015 in South Carolina, 9 people were shot at the historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church. This was Denmark Vesey's Church. We'll talk about the shooting and the history of the Church.
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Mon. May, 25th, 10:00pm-12:00midnight EST (7:00pm-9:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep. We'll discuss “The History of Memorial Day and It’s African American Origins”. We’ll also talk about the acquittal of Office Michael Brelo in Cleveland Ohio. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/05/26/the-history-of-memorial-day-and-its-african-american-origins or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Wed. May, 27th, 10:00pm-12:00midnight EST (7:00pm-9:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep founder of The African History Network? We’ll discuss “Five on The Black Handside: The History of the “Dap” and African American Handshakes”. Did you ever wonder where the “Dap” came from, fist bumping, etc.? CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/05/28/five-on-the-black-handside-the-history-of-the-dap-and-african-american-hands or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) Five on The Black Handside, the history of the “Dap” and African American Handshakes. 2) Baltimore City Schools layoff notices go out. 3) The Justice Department issues reforms to fix Cleveland policing. What is next? 4) This date in African American History – Elijah McCoy, Inventor
Join 'Missing Page Of History' on Sat., June , 2015 at 12 Noon EST. MPH will focus on the theme: 'The Missing Pages of the History of Voting, Crime & Policing.' We will also speak on some 'current events of the day.' Join Us by dailing in to (818) 337-0016 or go online at www.blogtalkradio.com/missing-pages-of-history-inc
On this episode of Remnant X Radio we will be joined by The Warrior Queen Tish Bowling who discuss the History Of Labor Day! Have you ever wondered why we celeberate it? Well tune in and get informed! Please check out our website @Remnantxraio.com, follow us on twitter and send me a friend request on facebook!
Really Cool People...all across the country will be tuning-in to "The BCS Experience: History-Arts-Culture-Politics in Review & Discussion" – live – every Wednesday – 5-6 pm (EST) on www.goproradio.com.
We'll discuss current events on tonight's show.
Join Host Live Chats
- SecularTalkRadio (21 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (10 chatters)
- The Spiritual Concepts Show (4 chatters)
- 9 HI TIME RADIO NETWORK (4 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (3 chatters)
- Pastor Harry Walther (3 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (2 chatters)
- Military Mamas (2 chatters)
- THE TINA SHOW (1 chatters)
- Melissa and Grant Virtue (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- The Brett Rappaport Show0 (1 chatters)