SORT BY Relevancy
From Richard Pryor to Bill Cosby to Eddie Murphy to Chris Rock to the Kings of Comedy to Dave Chappelle to Katt Williams to Kevin Hart, we've fallen in love with mainstream black Stand-Up Comedians time and time again. After a historic run solidifying his All-Time greatness and stapling himself as a timeless figure, Kevin Hart has brought us to a place where many are looking around for his successor. That being said, I think this is a pivotal and maybe even lonely time for Mainstream Black Stand-Up Comedy begging the question, is it really thriving like it once was?
On TETS this week, I will speak to the man who is literally the MOST popular Comedian living in the city of Philadelphia. He's appeared on "Comic View", HBO's Def Comedy Jam, "Kevin Hart's Laugh at my Pain", and more. Performing for the first time in Philadelphia and everywhere else since having started his career in the 90s, TuRae Gordon is a man who knows not only the urban stage, but the mainstream and television stage. Unlike most who know him for being hilarious, I'm blessed to know my mentor TuRae for his inspirational side as well as his industry insight, which I wish to share with all of you.
S/o to my Big Sister and cohost Asia Downing because she rocks. Every single person reading this Email right now means a lot to me. I do not, never have, and never will take support for granted. Without you all, I would have never made one season, let alone four. By way of the best race, relationships, and religion topics you'll ever find, my chief goal is to empower you as much as you empower me. There is no me without you.
Make sure you listen in Wednesday for the Fourth Season Finale, "Has Mainstream Black Stand-Up ComedyFallen?" with TuRae Gordon..
Until April.. I Thank you, I love you, and I wish you a very Funny Holiday.
"The Big Dawg", Coach Marc Brown, returns to answer the question "Do you believe young guys use Sports and Music as a scapegoat?"
We live in a time where kids want to be more like LeBron James and Future than anything else. How should parents encourage Hoop Dreams and Music? When should they discourage it?
What can the young man who wants to be a Doctor give the world that the kid with hoop dreams cannot? What can the young man with hoop dreams give the world that the Doctor cannot?
We've got Five Things for ya!
Today on TETS
Media Connoisseur and Journalism/Communications Educator, Dr. Mavis Carr joins th crew to discuss the effect the Media has on us, and more importantly, the effect we have on the Media.
It's TETS Wednesday baby!
Is BET still the media and entertainment outlet that draws more black viewers than any other Network? Is that good or bad?
Is the best content on BET is the classic content. Do you think so? How do you feel their new programming helps our community? Has it become more about ratings than racial, cultural development.. more about entertainment than empowerment?
It's TETS Wednesday!
It's "Funny Money" Tiiiimmee !!
The First "Funny Money" Series on The Erik Terrell Show is here
Why is your money funny? How do most of us end up with funny money?!
Up first, we define "Financial Illiteracy" and discuss exactly why there's a need for a series like this in the first place. What mendacious ideas, pretenses and bad traditions are all of us guilty of having and allowing to pollute our financial health? Join me, new cohost the Love Doctor, and a Special Guest that graduated from Penn State University's Smeal College of Business with a Bachelor of Science in Finance as we crack codes and rectify the calamitous mindset that infects your wallet.
"Why Most Blacks Are Financially Illiterate" this week on The Erik Terrell Show..
Unfunny YO Money with "Funny Money" !
Let's celebrate and discuss the stereotypes surrounding our Single Moms! One of our favorite Special Guests returns. Also, Erik Terrell's "Five Signs You Bout to Be a Single Mom" haha ..If you're a member of the "club" or have something to add, join us on the air at (646) 595-3259 !
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (76 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (50 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (28 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (13 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (11 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (11 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (10 chatters)
- in5d (10 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (7 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (7 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (6 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (6 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (6 chatters)
- Ra Sekhi Radio (5 chatters)
- magnetscrystalsandpyramids (4 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (4 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (3 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (3 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- allah team (3 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- Chocolate Sity (2 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (2 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (2 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (2 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (2 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (1 chatters)
- theghettotruthMagazine (1 chatters)
- Vibe Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- WMLR- MOOR LIFE RADIO (1 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (1 chatters)
- Somethin 4 the Fellas (1 chatters)
- The Rapture rape abuse torture (1 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (1 chatters)
- Hillbilly Express (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries Friends (1 chatters)
- Books Life and Stuff (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)