SORT BY Relevancy
Why actually travel anywhere when you can beam yourself into a robot that's alfready there?
Hosts Phil Bowermaster and Stephen Gordon discuss the emergence of the telepresence robot phenomenon. How important will this capability be for business in the coming years? And will we be using telepresence robots in our personal lives?
Tune in an explore.
Here are the two Technology review articles mentioned in the discussion:
Whether providing professional development resources, enabling collaboration among a distributed workforce or simply following an executive order, agencies everywhere are embracing teleconferencing and reaping its many benefits.
In the past, video teleconferencing was unreliable and the lack of dependable technology made for a frustrating and less-than-productive experience. Fast-forward to today, and there are a number of new innovations that are allowing organizations to fully embrace video conferencing. In addition, with travel budgets nearly depleted for government agencies, next-generation video conferencing can help them remain productive and effective in these austere times.
These are some of the key themes that Andrew Reitter, Senior Manager – Technical Marketing Engineer – TelePresence at Cisco, addressed in a recent TechSource podcast.
IBM and Polycom have developed a platform for true Unified Communications and Collaboration that can be used in a healthcare & telemedicine environment, enabling organisations to adapt to the pressures of cost, limited resource and the challenges of time – time that can be used to improve patient outcomes and pathways.
Video has joined audio and text as an essential enterprise medium. This E2 Radio episode featuring guest Brian Chee of the University of Hawaii's Advanced Network Computing Lab will explore new developments in video for business, and the strategies and techniques that will let your company succeed in the video age.
Executive time has become more precious. Companies have become more widely dispersed.
Travel is more challenging than ever. As companies look to boost business productivity and manage costs, visual conferencing and online collaboration keeps looking better and better.
Fortunately technology has evolved to the point where an employee working from home has the capability of being face-to-face with co-workers, bosses, customers, and vendors online – simultaneously – without ever hopping on a plane or sitting in traffic. According to the research firm Forrester, 34 million Americans are working from home at least part time. If everyone who could work from home did work from home, it is estimated that the U.S. businesses would save an estimated $700 billion annually. As a result of technology and economic need, the number of employees working from home is expected to double before the end of the decade.
This convergence of rising travel costs, unreliable air transportation, and falling “telepresence” costs will lead inevitably to a decline of business travel. That decline is coming at a time when the need to meet and collaborate is increasing, not decreasing.
For all these reasons, I’m very pleased that my guest for this week’s show is J.W. Penland. J.W. is CEO at IOCOM, which just launched its revolutionary Visimeet technologies. Visimeet is a game-changer. It levels the already flattened playing field between small and large business and puts a leading edge productivity tool onto the desktop of every employee and business owners.
Tune in on Wednesday August 11 at 11 AM EDT when J.W. Penland joins me to talk about how visual communication solutions will change the way we do business.
Who should listen? Executives, small business owners, health care providers, recruiters, HR, entrepreneurs.
Sun Microsystem's Nicole Yankelovich joins the show to discuss Project Wonderland, a Java and open source toolkit for creating 3D virtual worlds. In addition to Project Wonderland Team Lead, Nicole is also Principal Investigator of the Collaborative Environments Program at Sun Labs. Her impressive background includes work on the telepresence device Porta-Person, six patents in interaction design and numerous publications.
You can check out Project Wonderland by visiting
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (484 chatters)
- Annahilation (47 chatters)
- Tens or Chops (37 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (35 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (35 chatters)
- AirWavesAmerica (27 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (26 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (25 chatters)
- Curious Times (19 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (17 chatters)
- Odwirafo (15 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (13 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (12 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (11 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (9 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (7 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (7 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Universal Radio (6 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (5 chatters)
- Free Thinking Radio (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (4 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (4 chatters)
- Vibration Radio (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Ladies Edition (3 chatters)
- Goddess Rhonda (3 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (3 chatters)
- Apostle David (2 chatters)
- The Wheel Men (2 chatters)
- WJBR (2 chatters)
- Top Star Hip Hop Radio (2 chatters)
- WordBeat (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- Chat w Cal Nez NN Prez Candidate (1 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)