SORT BY Relevancy
Every teens knows that their lives are stressful even if the adults around them don't believe it. Join my guest Kyneitres Good, a Licensed Professional Counselor, and myself this week as we discuss common teen stresses and strategies for coping with it. Common teen stressors include: Home-parents, responsibilities, siblings
Teens Speaking Out Is on location in Memphis, Tennessee at the Frayser Library. This is one of the poorest neighborhood in Memphis. Join us Thursday at 2pm eastern/1pm CENTRAL as we share with teens on Blog Talk Radio. You can dial in at 646-716-6058 and ask questions about the topic or speak to some of the teens from the Frayser area.
Community violence includes many events. It might be a stranger using physical threat or direct violence to take something or hurt someone. It can also be violence between family members, close partners, or peers. These events may include cruel acts such as being shot, raped, stabbed, or beaten.
Most of the attention from media and research is on community violence that involves adults. However, many children and teens face violence in their neighborhoods and schools. Such violence can have effects on children.
How much community violence do children face?
Adam Lanza, the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooter, is not known to have been professionally treated for mental illness. In that he was not alone. Across the country, many youth who need help the most are not getting it.
Almost two-thirds of teens with a lifetime mental disorder fail to get professional help, according to the National Institute of Mental Health. Of all those teens with mental health issues, those with severe mental disorders get treatment even less often, with half reporting they have never been seen or treated by a professional therapist.
Recent budget cuts, a shortage of mental health therapists, and inadequate community health services are among the reasons for the lack of treatment, mental health professionals say. Many health insurance plans don't cover mental health therapy. Teens and their parents are often reluctant to acknowledge the need for professional help and may not know where to turn.
Does the Mass Media influence teens that have been trapped into prostitution due to trafficking? I think so much about what has happened to me. Why these men did what they did to me. Old, disgusting men. It was horrible. They knew I did not want to be there, but they paid their money. They used me. I was their property for the night. They destroyed me.
Prostitution has been called the world’s oldest “profession.” In reality, it is the world’s oldest “oppression” and continues to be one of the most overlooked human rights abuses of women on the planet today. Prostitution of teen girls is a particularly lethal form of violence against women, and a violation of a woman’s most basic human rights.
Most teens don't start using drugs expecting to develop a substance abuse problem, and while most teens probably see their drug use as a casual way to have fun, there are negative effects that are a result of this use and abuse of alcohol and other drugs. The biggest consequence to casual drug use can be that it develops into a true addiction. Very few addicts recognize when they have crossed the line from casual use to addiction. Most teens don't think
Many adults will admit there are lots of money lessons they had to learn the hard way. Basic financial matters are not included in the required school curriculum and rarely discussed at home. During this episode of 'Real Talk For Real Teens' we will share insight and guidance for young people to help them AVOID the common and COSTLY financial mistakes of going into debt. Whether that's credit card debt, auto loans or student loans. We will discuss the do's and don'ts
In this episode of Money Talk for Real Teens Tarra Jackson, Ms. Madam Money, will break down a few Money Tips and have a Real Talk conversation about Money & Credit Matters. Also joining us will be her buddy Khalil Aziz of Street Credit, Inc. at non profit organization that focuses on Financial Education for youth, teens, and young adults. www.streetcreditinc.org Check them out!
Join Host Live Chats
- Tens or Chops (29 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (23 chatters)
- Curious Times (23 chatters)
- Love Productions (16 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (12 chatters)
- WYMS Radio (11 chatters)
- Enfinity 1 Wrestling (10 chatters)
- Jay King Network (9 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (9 chatters)
- AMCpress news and views (8 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (7 chatters)
- WVIPW (6 chatters)
- Patriot Come Lately (5 chatters)
- Kalagenesis (5 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (4 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (4 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Media (4 chatters)
- DayVid (3 chatters)
- Angels in the Buff (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (3 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (3 chatters)
- NDB Media (3 chatters)
- Real Talk The Movement (3 chatters)
- Truth Education (3 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (2 chatters)
- Word of Love and Faith (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- PURE Motive Radio (2 chatters)
- Kiler Davenport Live (2 chatters)
- Firefly Willows LIVE (2 chatters)
- Foundation1 OF RASTAFARI (1 chatters)
- Here Be Monsters (1 chatters)
- Perspectives0 (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Sevin Hunnid (1 chatters)
- Shay and Tyler and Friends (1 chatters)
- SPECULATION SPORTS (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (1 chatters)
- CarltonBurgess (1 chatters)
- churchboi (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Darker Side of Lemons and Life (1 chatters)
- Crave Wrestling (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- The AE System The Ministry of Hair (1 chatters)
- BigDawg Music Radio (0 chatters)