SORT BY Relevancy
COMBINING CURRICULUM AND TECHNOLOGY FOR REAL WORLD ?S.T.E.M. ?EDUCATION
DAVID BAIN, Assistant Superintendent at IL's Community High School District 117 is our guest
President Obama visited Pathways in Technology Early College High School (P-TECH) last week to discuss his administration's education agenda. He called for high-quality pre-school for every 4-year-old in the country, access to high-speed Internet for all students, lower college costs, and schools that are redesigned to teach high-tech skills.
My guests, Heather Hiles, Founder and CEO of PathBrite, and Dr. Debra Mahone, Director of State and Federal Programs for the Prince George's County Public School District, will talk to us about what technology in education really looks like for educators and why technology is critical to ensuring equity for all students.
Host Allison R. Brown is a civil rights attorney and President of Allison Brown Consulting (ABC), which works with schools and other organizations to create education equity plans and promote equity in education.
T.H.E. JOURNAL ED TECH INNOVATOR OF THE MONTH
USING TECHNOLOGY TO HELP STUDENTS SHOW THEIR THINKING
This month, Editor Chris Piehler brings with him Mark Hammons, Ed Tech Coordinator for the Fresno County Office of Education.
Presented by FOLLETT LEARNING
In today's edition of Tech Innovators, Deb discusses the way technology has been "romanticized" in the minds of consumers, so that they feel they MUST HAVE the latest gadgetry, even if it means going into debt. What is this motivation for having the latest, greatest gadgets?
Many new tech items are primarily marketed on a "social status" platform than actual value. Think before you buy and consider the cost of over purchasing for the hottest tech items. There is no way anyone will ever truly keep up with "The Jonses," because technology is in a constant state of flux.
Quote: "The only 'constant' in technology is change!"
I am changing the format of my monthly TABRadio broadcasts to a live call-in show where you the listener can ask questions about technology and computers. My broadcast is designed to help you become more efficient, effective and productive users of technology and computers by overcoming whatever anxiety keeps you from doing so. Here the only "bad" question is the question that is never asked and keeps you from moving on to accomplishing the goals that have been set.
No scripts. No pitches. And no commercials! Just 30 minutes dedicated to taking listener questions, LIVE on the Internet!
Learn about technology and computers from Troy A. Burgher, a Microsoft Certified Professional, with over 20+ years of experience teaching and developing classes and course materials on Basic Technology and Computer Literacy for novice and beginner users.
Have you recently purchased a new desktop or laptop? Are you a new or beginner user of Microsoft Office applications like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook? Are you looking to enhance your job search opportunities, but have limited knowledge or experience using computers? Using Microsoft Office Suite applications? If you answered YES to any of these questions, then call in to my LIVE TABRadio broadcast this coming Sunday [4/26/15] at 3:00 PM [EST].
HOW EMBEDDED TECHNOLOGY LEADS TO STUDENT CENTERED LEARNING
T.H.E Journal's Chris Piehler brings La Quinta CA Ed Tech teacher Kirsten Wright to our show
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
"Napinars" and Book Chats with Gryphon House
Edweb.net Founder Lisa Schmucki brings us Anna Wilmoth of Gryphon House about their unique take on engaging early childhood educators
One of the significant promises of big data in education is to predict and prevent student failure. Of course we want to see learners succeed and data can help us with that as well, however, catching students before they get lost or even drop out is essential. Some visionaries see technology as driving learning through increasingly intelligent prompts, assessments of learning, and directing learners to ever more complex and advanced concepts… all driven by models for learning driven by student generated data. More recently many educational leaders have a more holistic view of data and recognize that while we need to educate the whole child, we need to also look at information about the whole child to diagnose and address learning deficiencies and help students on a path where they can be successful. Beyond their inherent interest in helping children, educators and the institutions in which they work are being held accountable to show learner progress. In this show we will explore the many different kinds of data that can be used to monitor student progress, identify those who require assistance, and the systems that make sense of those data to support educators and parents in driving student success.
Guests at the table:
Barbara Clements, Consultant at ESP Solutions Group
Dan Ginsberg, VP Global Product Strategy at Pearson
Bill Meade, Data Science Director at Neal Analytics
To keep up to date, subscribe to the show at edtabletalk.org
Ideas for future show topics? Tweet us @edtabletalk.
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (128 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (55 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (33 chatters)
- True Humanity Party (29 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (23 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (22 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (18 chatters)
- Allyson Byrd (18 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (12 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (12 chatters)
- Angels Of Light (8 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (8 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (5 chatters)
- Libertys Thunder (5 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (5 chatters)
- Moonlighting by Numbers (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (4 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (3 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (3 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Curious Times (3 chatters)
- SURN Host (3 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- PJewels Voice (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- Autistic People (1 chatters)
- Political Justice (1 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (1 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Talk Box Radio (1 chatters)
- Universal Radio (1 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (1 chatters)
- The Seika Network (1 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)