SORT BY Relevancy
An interview with Laura Bickle about her latest work in the DARK ALCHEMY contemporary fantasy series. Laura will discuss the contemporary allure of alchemy as inspiration, and the tools that spark her imagination. She often uses Tarot cards to structure stories, and she’ll discuss how such archetypal images help to create a cohesive story. She may also do a reading from one of her books.
We live in a world where increasing numbers of people have become disillusioned with religion and particularly with Christianity. I believe that the reason for this phenomenon has more to do with the teachings of established religion than with the teachings of Jesus. I believe that if people, particularly our younger generations, understood what Jesus really taught they would become part of what I like to call the New Jesus Movement. Recent studies show that it is Christianity that is being rejected by them. But, as hard as it may be for some people to accept Jesus was not a Christian. So a rejection of Christianity does not necessarily mean a rejection of what Jesus taught. It is my belief that if this generation were presented with his actual teaching much of the disillusionment would be replaced by excitement and commitment.
Witness: January 6th Teaching Sciences in 2016 and Beyond
As we roll into 2016 on Witness, I thought it would be fitting to take a look toward the next generation again, and see how they are going to guide us into the environmental and science front into the future. This time, from the teacher’s perspective. My two good friends who will be on the show Wednesday night are both teachers in High Schools. They both are ex-aquarium employees as well, so they have had years of field and laboratory experiences to draw from in the classroom. These two guests (Not to be named), both have extremely strong environmental ideals, and try to guide the classroom discussions and lessons into hands on learning experiences designed to guide students into critical thinking and good scientific practices.
I am looking forward to getting an honest perspective on how they see their prospective students becoming the future scientists of America. I’ll be asking some tough questions about lessons, common core, “No child left behind learning”, etc. I really want to know if these students are prepared to become the future, or if they are going to become the next unprepared voters of America.
Do the kids recycle, how can you teach this? What’s more important, Grades, test scores or life lessons? I look back to my own middle and High school years, and the missed opportunities I see now in retrospect. Will these kids be in the same position when they have kids of their own?
On Wednesday January 6th at 9pm est,8pm cst and 6pm pst. We look forward to you joining us. If you would like to join the conversation visit our chat room on our web page or call in to our studio number 1 -949-534-0637.
Rebroadcast of the long running radio program, "The Ave Maria Hour", a presentation of the Franciscan Friars of the Atonement. www.AtonementFriars.org
The story of a special little girl named Nonie, who doesn't speak, but can sing. She learns the story of the Nativity only to reveal it even clearer to those around her.
YOU were born to teach! Why not be outrageously HAPPY doing it? Teacher stores of strength, hope, and happiness. Learn how you can get useful teacher support: sheilajaneteaching.com
We tend to each have our own unique perspective on a conflict and we also have a tendancy to bring our own personal values into our judgments about conflicts. I'll be sharing with you a story that involves some unique characters and their own methods of approaching conflict in there lives. By the end of the show today we will learn how our own perspective and values affect our outlook on a conflict, personal or professional.
We also have a special guest coming in today to talk about a personal conflict in their lives, Krystle Stevens!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (121 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (42 chatters)
- SpiritMan Joseph (29 chatters)
- AJC Radio (23 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (18 chatters)
- BeverlyD (15 chatters)
- The Dream1 (14 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (11 chatters)
- thelordshour (10 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (9 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (8 chatters)
- E3 Radio (7 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (7 chatters)
- Twin Radio (7 chatters)
- Lighworkers Connect (6 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (5 chatters)
- Witch School (5 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- Revelation Power (4 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (4 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (3 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (3 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- Joeygiggles (3 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (3 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (3 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (3 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (3 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (2 chatters)
- Vibe Radio Network (2 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (2 chatters)
- Get Right Radio1 (2 chatters)
- Gospel Alliance Radio (2 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (2 chatters)
- Bikers of America (2 chatters)
- American Network (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- Connections with Cindy Sommer (2 chatters)
- Resistance Radio live (1 chatters)
- OurBlackIntel (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- cathies DistantEchos (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- Shirley Ann Network (1 chatters)
- R-I-G-H-T MIND RADIO (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (1 chatters)