SORT BY Relevancy
Join hosts Alice Lynch and Sumayya Coleman and show commentator Tonya Lovelace as they bring forward the voices of African American survivors of domestic violence. They will be joined by guests Asia Smith and Lavon Morris-Grant. Studies show that approximately 4 out of every 10 African American women have experienced rape, physical violence, and stalking by an intimate partner in their lifetime, about 35% higher than that of white females, and about 2.5 times the rate of women of other races. It is through the voices of survivors that we will best learn how to address this alarming issue in our community. This show is dedicated to hearing the stories of survivors and receiving guidance from them on the best strategies for reaching and serving African American women, their families and their communities.
The Urban Resource Institute (URI) of New York in conjunction with The Mayor's Alliance for NYC's Animals recently announced the launch of New York City's first-ever co-sheltering program (PALS - People and Animals Living Safely) which enables domestic violence survivors and their pets to reside together in shelters.
Join me and my special guest, Nathaniel Fields, LMSW, and President of the Urban Resources Institute, as we discuss the necessity of this ground breaking project.
Nathaniel Fields has more than 25 years of experience in human services organizations, with a majority of those years in key leadership positions in the field of domestic violence. Mr. Fields is considered a thought leader and subject matter expert in the domestic violence movement and continues to influence the field through community leadership positions such as the Co-Chair of the New York City Coalition of Residential Domestic Violence Providers. Mr. Fields is a past Board Member of the New York State Coalition Against Domestic Violence.
October is the month most widely acknowledged as NATIONAL BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH. However, another cause which is acknowledged is DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS.
Both of these topics are ones friends and family members would prefer to never have to face or discuss. However, many have found one or both necessary.
Tonight's program invites those who have not only survived but have overcome the sense of darkness and aloneness associated with these circumstances they may have found themselves in.
If your life is or has been impacted, or you are a survivor/ overcomer in either of these situations, please join in tonight's conversation and share your story which may education and/or encourage someone else!
Join Host Live Chats
- Pine Ridge Warriors (65 chatters)
- STORMS A COMIN (29 chatters)
- Curious Times (24 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (21 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (15 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (14 chatters)
- R3belutionRadioShow (13 chatters)
- thelordshour (10 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (8 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (8 chatters)
- OCG (8 chatters)
- EPiphany The 4REALRADIONETWORK (8 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (7 chatters)
- The Pink Atheist (6 chatters)
- Redneck Herps (6 chatters)
- Bigfoot Hotspot (6 chatters)
- MOUNTAIN CHILD (6 chatters)
- New Colony Network (5 chatters)
- Obvious Potomos Taunt Radio (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (5 chatters)
- BigDawg Music Radio (5 chatters)
- 63504 (4 chatters)
- Diva of DOOL (4 chatters)
- Donny C (4 chatters)
- Funny to the Moon (4 chatters)
- Reader Tash (4 chatters)
- TJMorrisETradio (4 chatters)
- opposing the matrix (3 chatters)
- Outcry Radio (3 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (3 chatters)
- Lady of the Circle in the Oaks (3 chatters)
- Daddy G (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (2 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Late Night Leos (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- PAM Time (1 chatters)
- Prison Wives United (1 chatters)
- mashahba (1 chatters)
- Momma Joyce (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- Fire Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (1 chatters)
- LadyRose (1 chatters)
- Charlotte Howard (1 chatters)
- Taboo Talks and EIB (1 chatters)
- The Approach with the 3Kings (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Prodigal Project (1 chatters)