SORT BY Relevancy
The environment sucks and causes cancer. True? False? What can we do? Let's find out on this episode of The Stupid Cancer Show with experts Lindsay Dahl (Deputy Director, Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families), Sarada Tangirala (Grassroots Coordinator, Campaign for Safe Cosmetics) and Nancy Buermeyer (Senior Policy Strategist, Breast Cancer Fund). Special guest Lori Thompson in the survivor spotlight.
Renal cell carcinoma is a very rare cancer that represents the most common form of Kidney Cancer; and it is occuring more frequently in young adults. With no actual preventon or early detection methods, if not somehow caught early, prognosis for remission are very low. Join us as we welcome AYA/RCC survivor Lauren Hassell and Dr. Carl Bischoff, board certified urologic oncologist and RCC specialist to shed light on this underdiscussed orphan disease. Survivor spotlght on Steven Robinson.
Fertility rights are THE hot button topic of the year for young adults facing cancer. Research published by our guests (Marla Clayman, Ph.D, Assistant Professor of Medicine at Northwestern University and Gwen Quinn, Ph.D, Professor at the USF College of Medicine) shows shamefully low adoption of fertility navigation services across US cancer centers.Julia Wagner in the survivor spotlight.
Young women CAN and DO get breast cancer. Join us as we welcome the leadership from Young Survival Coalition (Jennifer Merschdorf, CEO and Stacey Lewis, Chief Program Officer and Deputy Chief Executive) to talk about what's being done to address this healthcare disparity and meet the underserved needs of this population. Breast cancer survivor (and former Stupid Cancer Show co-host) Lisa Bernhard in the survivor spotlight!
There are 22,000 diagnoses of Stomach Cancer each year, which a significant percentage increasing in young adults. Join is as we welcome Debbie Zelman (Founder, Debbie's Dream Foundation) and AYA stomach cancer survivor Jess Mac for an initiative conversation about this oft undiscussed disease.
January is Cervical Cancer Awareness Month and we're shining a spotlight on this horrible disease with advocacy leaders Tamika Felder Campbell (Founder, Tamika & Friends and Cervivor.org) and Shaundra Hall (Regional Director of the National Cervical Cancer Coalition, SW Division). Survivor spotlight on Suzanne Kane
Lung cancer is a bitch. What's worse, more and more non-smoking young adults are getting diagnosed each year. What's up with that? Join us as we welcome Katie Brown (Director of Support and Advocacy at LUNGevity Foundation), Dr. Lynne Eldridge (author/speaker/lung cancer specialist) and LC survivor Kim Wieneke. Author David Tabatsky ("Write For Life") in the advocvacy spotlight.
in Pop Culture
Stupid America welcomes Paul Szoldra! July 26th, 2012 (7-8pm EST)
Paul is a former Marine and currently a student veteran in Tampa, FL. He is the founder and writer at The Duffel Blog, a satire website for military and veterans. TDB proudly boasts itself as a military drinking organization with a news problem, with an amazing set of writers from all services except the Air Force, because they are too busy making fun of them.
in Pop Culture
-Tonight we look into how Barack Hussein Obama creates buisnesses and you create nothing without the Government's assistance. Gotta love it.
-Eve worked for the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and was fired for having a doctor’s note to cover an absence. Why did they, the TSA crackdown? Think Democratic National Convention, and the TSA for not allowing “excused leaves.” In case you were wondering, Eve is a cancer survivor… just saying.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (56 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (41 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (22 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (14 chatters)
- The View from Montana (13 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (9 chatters)
- Love Productions (8 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (8 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (8 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (7 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (7 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (5 chatters)
- Amenti The Writer (5 chatters)
- William Telltale (4 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (4 chatters)
- womenradio (3 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (3 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (3 chatters)
- Crave Wrestling (2 chatters)
- AOW Productions (2 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (2 chatters)
- Disclosure Media Network (2 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (2 chatters)
- Suzanne Toro (2 chatters)
- Tinfoil Radio Network (2 chatters)
- UCC Show (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- Wordz With Wilfred (1 chatters)
- Sweetenginesounds (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- SciFi4Me Live From the Bunker (1 chatters)
- Dolphin Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Dr Auset (1 chatters)
- El Maat (1 chatters)
- berni (1 chatters)