SORT BY Relevancy
Join us for a general Q&A session on all things BlogTalkRadio. Come with questions and leave with answers! Note: Study Hall will be taking the place of BlogTalkRadio101. This program is brought to you by BlogTalkRadio University, an educational series for BlogTalkRadio hosts.
Join us as we tackle the hottest topics in sports and pop culture. The is our last of 3 pop-up episodes, so join us as we discuss Geno Smith, Rex Ryan trolls the Jets, Scottie Pippen saying the Bulls could win 75 games in todays NBA. Give us a call and discuss any major topics you want.
After the fun join us on August 26th as we go live from 3-5pm with out Bi-Weekly Show.
Tha Study Hall: Where you get to catch up on all the important things you may have missed.
Tonight we are joined by CNWA star Bambi Hall. What's coming up for her? Who's been her toughest opponent? What's her opinion on the current women's scene? Find out tonight on IHWE Radio. Plus, we have a MAJOR announcement from IHWE Founder David Fuller. What's new for IHWE in 2016? Tune in at 8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Tune in Wednesday from 2:30-3:00 to hear our broadcasting club ask students and teachers how they use their study hall time. Our 5th-8th grade students have study hall daily from 2:35-3:15. They are to use this time to start their homework or ask teachers questions if them have them. How many of them use this time productively? How many would prefer not having study hall. Tune in to hear both sides. It should be interesting.
In this segment, former foster youth David Hall notes that we should not be looking at why we need to extend foster care, but what we need to do when we extend foster care. In addition to not often being able go get a driver's license to transport oneself to work, it is very hard to get two forms of ID put together when applying for jobs. Here are some other ideas that David suggests during his segment:
- Whenever the young adults reach 18, they need parents who are willing to keep them until 21 when policy does not prohibit continued support given by foster parents.
- There needs to be specialized workers for young adults between the ages of 18 and 21. Some of his other suggestions include:
- We need to look at a Housing First Model
- We need to look at placing youth in extended foster care in roles where they can mentor younger foster youth and start assisting in the life skills development of younger foster youth.
David Hall is the Co-Founder of a statewide student organization at Oklahoma City University, called R is for Thursday, which supports and promotes foster youth who are in college or currently going into college. You can find out more about the organization by going to http://education.okstate.edu/risforthursday
For more information on David, Ask a Foster Leader, and the Foster Leaders Movement, please visit http://www.fosterleaders.com and like our page for the most up to date news at http://www.facebook.com/FosterLeadersUS
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (39 chatters)
- The Being Talk Radio Network (13 chatters)
- churchfolk (10 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (8 chatters)
- Life Conversations (4 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (3 chatters)
- the SoftwareONE Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Maya Akai Presents (2 chatters)
- PsychicEnergyreaderbrenda (2 chatters)
- Robert Phoenix (1 chatters)
- Earth Angels Radio (1 chatters)
- Orlando Presentz Network (1 chatters)
- Butterfly Living (1 chatters)
- FlyLady (0 chatters)