SORT BY Relevancy
Linda Noelker, Senior Vice President of the Benjamin Rose Institute on Aging, will join Denise to discuss the Innovation in Caregiving Award. The award recognizes adults who, in the course of caring for an adult aged 60 or older invents a device or technique that solves a caregiving challenge or finds a new application for an existing device or technique that supports caregiving and eases the burden on caregivers.
Mary Stoudemire, a family caregiver and 2012 award winner, will discuss her past winning design: a lap capelet she designed for her sister.
How does a doctor cope when she specializes in older adults and struggles to care for her own ailing parent?
Join host Tami Neumann as she sits down in conversations with Dr. Cheryl Woodson as she shares her experience as a daughter caregiver and her work as a Geriatrician.
You will find practical no nonsense advice on taking care of your loved ones and how to survive caregiving.
Learn more about Dr. Woodson.
Asking for help is not easy. Losing your independence is probably everyone's greatest fear. At Preferred Care at Home, in Valencia Ca. they understand this, and want to be there for you, by your side, every step of the way. They pledge to you that If you are not happy, neither are they, and they will not rest until you are 100% satisfied. They Promise! As a home care company, they assist clients to improve quality of life while safeguarding their independence and dignity. They do this by sending reliable, compassionate, and affordable caregivers to the home, or wherever they call home, to perform whatever services are needed. Some of these services may include meal preparation, companionship, housekeeping, medication reminders, guidance with personal hygiene, transportation and more. They also provide Smooth Transition Care from Rehab/Hospital to wherever you call home. We provide education to facilitate reducing hospital re-admissions.
Join Dave Nassaney, The Caregiver's Caregiver, author of numerous articles and books, speaker, life coach, and radio talk-show host for caregivers who are burned out, but his most important role is being a caregiver to his lovely wife, Charlene. His latest book that he is now working on is entitled: The Caregiver's Caregiver, A Guide to Avoiding Burnout. It is designed to teach caregivers who are taking care of their loved ones (due to an illness or disability) how to take care of themselves FIRST. If they don't learn this, they will likely suffer burnout and become as helpless as the person they are caring for. Tune in every Wednesday at noon, PST, (Re-Broadcast Saturdays at 3:30pm PST) for interviews with experts in the caregiving field, as they discuss topics of great interest to caregivers, which will help them avoid burnout. www.DaveTheCaregiversCaregiver.com or DaveNass.com
We are back to talk about financial stress, career stress, confusion, and love gone wrong on this very special part 3 of the When Life Attacks shows. Tune in to hear us speak about our own experiences on the matters and also how the above can truly change and shape your life into something you may not want it to.
We also briefly touch upon health issues, and offer advice for others on what they can possibly do if they are in such situations.
in Self Help
Many people feel life is a struggle and they are on the losing side. They often feel that everything and everybody is against them and the stress of just being alive is almost more than they can endure. What about you? Do you have stress that is preventing you from being happy? These feelings often come from efforts to control our environments, conflicts with other people, and an inability to get by. Tensions take many forms and involve such emotions as anger, hate, anxiety, guilt and fear. These bring about physically and emotionally damaging effects which can result in illness.
Of course, we all need some stress to stay alive, awake, and alert. We must learn what our best level of stress is and how to use it to function effectively. We don’t want to allow extreme reactions to envelop us so that day-to-day living gets the better of us. We need to not let the external stress control our lives, but instead control our internal responses so that we can use the power of the Life within us to create our best lives possible.
Join Choices host and author of “You Are More Than Enough,” Judi Moreo, for a discussion on simple and easy ways you can reduce the bad stressors in your life. Whether you are an executive, a stay-at-home mom, or even an astronaut, these techniques are so easy, you can incorporate them into your daily life and you’ll wonder why you didn’t think of them yourself and why you haven’t been doing them all along.
Caregiving stress is a major issue for small business owners...especially solopreneurs. But if you're fighting the stresses of caregiving, be comforted...you're not alone.
Listen as author and psychotherapist Christine Valentin, a social worker who specializes in geriatric care in New York and New Jersey, who's provided expertise to small business owners in those areas, but her words on caregiving stresses for small business apply nationwide.--Wendy Meyeroff
For this episode, we will be tackling the issue of caregiving for those affected by young adult cancer, especially children with sick parents. Join us as we delve into this issue with Rob Harris (Founder, RobCares) and Father/Daughter team Marc and Maya Silver (Co-Authors, "My Parent Has Cancer and It Really Sucks") Survivor spotlight on AYA survivor and peak performance coach Jay Platt (Founder, "No Matter What!" Foundation)
"This is my 13th Anniversary of surviving Stage 4 TERMINAL CANCER. STRESS caused the Cancer and nearly killed me. Nothing has changed my life like planning to die and not dying". In THIS episode Mike talks about KILLER STRESS and how to use the STRESS KILLER. Dealing with STRESS and how to avoid it. Mike will take you through STRESS RELIEVING EXCERCIZES. Plus much, much more.
Do you know anyone who isn't at times stressed out these days? The pace of modern life makes stress management a necessary skill for everyone. Many people juggle multiple responsibilities, work, home life, caregiving and relationships. Learning to identify problems and implement solutions is the key to successful stress reduction.
The first step in successful stress relief is deciding to make stress management an ongoing goal, and to monitor your stress level.
Contact Miracle Mike at: www.CancerChildren.org
Join Host Live Chats
- thisisit4321 (54 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (39 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (39 chatters)
- Hot Button Debates (20 chatters)
- The Portal (18 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (17 chatters)
- SHRAonair (16 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (16 chatters)
- WQ4D Radio (14 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (11 chatters)
- HOV Radio (11 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- thelordshour (8 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (7 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (7 chatters)
- LauraDiPrete (7 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (6 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (6 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (6 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (6 chatters)
- Cubanarama (5 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (5 chatters)
- Fins Radio (5 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (4 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (4 chatters)
- PASOS (4 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- FFToolbox (4 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (4 chatters)
- TimBinnall (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- Front Deck Entertainment (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (3 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (3 chatters)
- iHookradio (3 chatters)
- 63289 (3 chatters)
- Tarhaka (3 chatters)
- Rick Moran (3 chatters)
- K98Talk Studio B (3 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (3 chatters)
- Moving Train Radio (3 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (2 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (2 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- The Love Channel Show (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Ask Lordiel (2 chatters)
- Indie Chick Radio (2 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (2 chatters)
- Hickory Paranormal Radio (2 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (2 chatters)
- wayneG (1 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (1 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- Cowboy Wisdom Radio (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Cynde Meyer (1 chatters)
- Deeper Truth (1 chatters)
- Divine Goddess Radio (1 chatters)
- ElijahFireRadio (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- A Christian Perspective (1 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Bishop Maurice L Irvin (1 chatters)
- BonaFide Talk (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- The Season Ticket (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Madden Voice (1 chatters)
- The Peoples America (1 chatters)
- The Grace View (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- SAGE Radio (1 chatters)
- Positively Incorrect (1 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- MBN (1 chatters)