SORT BY Relevancy
7:00pm to 8:00pm
Topic: Communication which is a major contribuiting factor in healthy relationships. Tune in on how we actually commuincate with each other.
Guest Speaker Dr. Gilmore
8:00pm to 9:00pm
Topic: Missing Persons
Guest Speaker: Volunteer from Texas Equusearch.
The Aftermath of Violence: Trauma & Abuse
Harris County Precint 7 Domestic Violence Deputy Program
5290 Griggs Road, Houston, TExas 77021
24 hour dispatch 713-643-6602
Victims Services 713-643-66773
Host Cyrus Webb welcomes Dr. Clifford Turner of The Awakening to Conversations LIVE to discuss how they are coming together to support the Stop the Violence movement in Chicago.
Whether you are a teacher, youth worker, parent, community educator, or activist, you have most likely been granted access to young people in an institution that itself reflects and may perpetuate certain forms of injustice. You may be charged with focusing on a particular area of youth behavior that adults have identified —or diagnosed—as a problem. Some of the most commonly identified problems include drug abuse, gangs, bullying, family violence, teen-dating violence and sexual assault, sexuality, media impact on youth, and the umbrella term “youth violence.” Any of these issues can serve as a lens to facilitate social-justice education. But if the focus is on fixing young people and returning them, thus fixed, to institutional environments that are oppressive to them without giving them the information and skills they need to work together to address that oppression, then the work would be better labeled “youth management” than “social justice.”
Trenton New Jersey Take Over on 1st fam radio tonite (9:30pm til 11:30pm eastern) there will be talks about Upcoming events and more for the town you don't wanna miss this listen live at www.blogtalkradio.com/1stfamradio or www.1stfamradio.com if you would like to speak to him call in live (917)889-8297 1stfamradio
7:00 to 8:00pm
Guest Speaker Sharon Bayus with Innovative Alternatives, Inc.
8:00 to 9:00pm
Guest Speaker Robert Lewis Robinson II with ItTakes a VillageY'all and It Takes a Village Y'all to Find our Missing
Where does The Word stand on the issue?
I believe these policemen are afraid of these young men and women because of a stereo type. Because of this fear, even if they don't see a weapon, if the young man/woman just flinches, the officer pulls the trigger out of fear. It's not right at all, but we as Believers have got to come together and break this generational curse of violence on our people. This is not a natural thing, it's spiritual. Satan wants to kill our next generation of good men/women and he wants the present generation to kill each other out of anger. We must remember who the real culprit is.
John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
We must come together as people of God to bring restoration to our present generation and generations to come.
Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.
A spiritual fault is the same as a natural fault line. You don't know it's there until it has caused an earthquake and killed or injured many OR Scientists(Men/Women of God) study a specific area and find the fault line and repair it before it can cause anymore major damage to the area.
Tune in Thursday, August 14, 2014 at 7pm central
www.sswagtalkradio.com or www.blogtalkradio.com/niacomplatform or call in 323-693-3830, press 1 if you have a comment or question.
Tonight join CWT4R co-host, Ina, Michelle and Terry and we discuss the STOP and FRISK Project in New York and the VIOLENCE IN CHICAGO. Today more children are being killed, African American and Latino youth are being hand cuffed and their life which is supposed to be just beginning comes to a complete stop. Parents are crying themselves to sleep either because their child is dead or their child is the reason another family will never get to hold theirs ever again. Are we putting our children in situations that mark them for either jail or the grave? Joining us as LeMagie Tapia a volunteer that works in this grassroots effort to educate our youth and keep them safe and alive. LeMagie will talk about how in the Bronx they are teaching young people about their rights when they are profiled, Stopped and Frisked by members of law enforcement. LeMaige is involved in the New York STOP and FRISK Project that guide youth by educating them on when they are stopped by the police to not make a bad situation worst then it has to become by knowing their rights. We will then focus on the center of attention by the media regarding violence, Chicago. Joining us tonight is Dawn Valenti, a Crisis Responder at Chicago’s Citizens for Change and Executive Director of United for a CAUSE. In 2008, United For A Cause (UFAC) was formed an organization aimed at helps women and children that have been victimized by violent crimes. Also welcome Stephanie Brown mother of Darius Brown a 13 year old shot & killed in 2011 while playing an innocent game of basketball on the south side of Chicago. Conversations and crying is being heard all over the country. Tonight a parent will be heard and now we need to LISTEN and people need to become INVOLVED.
For so long is has been silence. NOW, SILENCE IS NOT AN OPTION!
This week, "On-Air" Stop The Hate, Stop The Violence. I think that this is a topic that we need to revisit at least one a year, because things are happening all over the world. In our own neighborhoods, towns, cities. Around the world, there is violence everywhere. Not just in certain cites, cities that people often inadvertantly cite as a "problem area". We'll talk about this and see if we can't bring out more awareness about this very disturbing problem in our society. This week. "On-Air".
Violence is a plague in our society and it comes in many forms--gang violence, domesic violence, and gun violence just to name a few. More and more children are being injured or killed at a higher rate than medical illnesses, and the African-American community has the highest occurences. WIth all of the anti-violence advocacy groups and anti-violence movements and laws in place, why are the fatalities rising to this issue? Join me tonight at 9:00 pm EST as Kaydee interviews Chris Curry, producer/artist and creator of the amazing "Stop The Violence Movement" video series. Chris discusses the plight of violence in our neighborhoods, and the sad reality of struggling to get more involvement from the people this affects the most. Tune in at 347-327-9967.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (123 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (73 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (36 chatters)
- reactionariez (30 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (27 chatters)
- Straitway (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (15 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (14 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (13 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (13 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (12 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (9 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (9 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (6 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (5 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (5 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (5 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (5 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (5 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (5 chatters)
- The Revolutionary (4 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (3 chatters)
- patriots united (3 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (2 chatters)
- Twilight Talk Radio presents (2 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (2 chatters)
- I AM SUPERWOMAN RADIO (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (1 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- KeyWestGrind (1 chatters)
- Grudge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Doctrine of Truth (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- Contra Radio Network (1 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- judahofmemphis (0 chatters)