SORT BY Relevancy
Today we are delighted to welcome well-known and respected autism expert, Dr. Stephen Shore to Autism Empowerment Radio.
We will be talking about his personal journey with autism and will also be discussing autism advocacy for youth and adults, disclosure, education and employment.
Diagnosed with "Atypical Development and strong autistic tendencies" and "too sick" for outpatient treatment Dr. Stephen Shore was recommended for institutionalization back in the 1960s. Nonverbal until four, and with much support from his parents, teachers, wife, and others, Stephen is now a professor at Adelphi University where his research focuses on matching best practice to the needs of people with autism.
In addition to working with children and talking about life on the autism spectrum, Stephen presents and consults internationally on adult issues pertinent to education, relationships, employment, advocacy, and disclosure as discussed in his books Beyond the Wall: Personal Experiences with Autism and Asperger Syndrome, Ask and Tell: Self-advocacy and Disclosure for People on the Autism Spectrum, the critically acclaimed Understanding Autism for Dummies., and the newly released DVD Living along the Autism Spectrum: What it means to have Autism or Asperger Syndrome.
President emeritus of the Asperger’s Association of New England and former board member of the Autism Society, Dr. Shore serves in the Interagency Autism Coordinating Committee, Asperger Syndrome and High Functioning Autism Association, United States Autism and Asperger Association, and other autism related organizations.
New Jersey Shore News
New Jersey Shore News
Cloverleaf Radio's hosts The Host with the Most Jimmy Falcon and Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling's Gremlina welcome "The Muppets" and "Jersey Boys" Actor, Johnny Cannizzaro, as well as Actor and Reality TV Star, Known for his work on "Jersey Shore" and "The Sorrentinos", Frank Sorrentino!
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (36 chatters)
- Jay King Network (11 chatters)
- churchfolk (9 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (6 chatters)
- christianpsychicbrendabradshaw (5 chatters)
- IDECLAIR (5 chatters)
- HealingMom (4 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (4 chatters)
- Barbara Grace Reynolds (3 chatters)
- BlackHebrewIsraeliteRadioShow (2 chatters)
- Heavenly World Network (2 chatters)
- The Free Yourself Movement (2 chatters)
- The Networking Diva Hour (2 chatters)
- PA Independent Living (1 chatters)
- The Boochcast (1 chatters)
- Denise Griffitts (1 chatters)
- Bright Side with Tekneshia (1 chatters)
- Charlotte View Internet Radio (1 chatters)
- Ying Yang and a Bang (1 chatters)