SORT BY Relevancy
I have already written a column imploring the Knicks to hire Mark Jackson and hire him immediately, which will turn Steve Kerr into Steve Who? The New York Times is reporting today that there are three primary candidates, Brian Shaw (who already has a job with the Nuggets), Luke Walton (who has never coached before), and Kurt Rambis, an assistant with the Lakers. The New York Daily News says also in the mix is Derek Fisher, who can't really be interviewed right now given that he is playing in the Western Conference finals for the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Why is it that the new coach coming in has to be a triangle aficianado? Or is that really the case?
How about grabbing a guy who just led the Golden State Warriors to a 51-win season and might have made it out of the first round if he had somebody able-bodied enough to match up with DeAndre Jordan. A guy from New York. A guy who played for the Knicks. Twice.
You know what it is? It would just make too much sense. And when things make sense, the Knicks are usually not involved. Seriously, has there ever been an owner more reviled than Jim Dolan is? Oh yeah, that Steinbrenner guy. But at least he turned the fans his way before it was all said and done. Dolan has a long, long way to go to get there.
More on the Knicks, along with plenty of talk about the NBA playoffs in this interview with Brian Fritz of 740TheGame in Orlando.
Football Gameplan Analysts Emory Hunt & Gene Clemons debut a brand new show on the FBGP Radio Network: High School Round Up Show
In this episode, we'll scout, analyze & critique the game of some of the top High School recruits in the country LIVE on the air.
The players being featured today in our 5 Minute Breakdown are:
- Tyron Johnson: Wide Receiver, 6'1 185, Warren Easton HS, New Orleans, LA
- Jerome Baker: Athlete, 6'1 205, Benedictine HS, Cleveland, OH
- Grant Schmidt: Offensive Tackle, 6'6 275, Roosevelt HS, Sioux Falls, SD
- Nick Johns: Quarterback, 6'3 215, Gonzaga Prep, Washington D.C.
- Cameron Smith: Inside Linebacker, 6'3 240, Granite Bay HS, Granite Bay, CA
- Kezio Snelling: Wide Receiver, 6'1 180, Steinbrenner HS, Lutz, FL
- Tristan Hyde: Quarterback, 6'0 195, Strawberry Crest, Dover, FL
- Joshua Engram: Cornerback, 5'10 180, Strawberry Crest, Dover, FL
- Clay Cullins: Wide Receiver, 6'0 185, Strawberry Crest, Dover, FL
- Farron Rainford: Tight End/Outside Linebacker, 6'1 205, Strawberry Crest, Dover, FL
And as always, we'll take calls and questions from YOU the fans throughout the show!
Shay is joined by Garry to revisit the trade that *didn't* send A-Rod to the Red Sox exactly ten years ago this week. ESPN released a 30 For 30 short entitled "The Deal," which reminded us about the wild ride the northeast was taken on in what became the "nuclear winter" of the MLB.
We have a special night of radio shows as we head into the final week of action in the Thug Life Football League. This is our Thanksgiving Special geared to the final week of football before the play-offs.
Below is the schedule for the night:
8:00 – 8:30 – IDP Live Sports (KC Love & Tampa Two)
8:30 – 9:00 – School of JRock (JRock)
9:00 – 9:30 – Worst Winner Radio (Most Hated)
9:30 – 10:00 – Thug Life Sports Show (Dynasty & Steinbrenner)
Tom & Mitch will discuss the sudden passing of George Steinbrenner and juvenile comments made by Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert, and much more. We will take calls throughout the show and will also have a chat room available. Be sure to visit our blog site at www.TMSPORTSTALK.com
Today, the Baseball World, lost it's greatest owner George M. Steinbrenner III. As Yankee fans mourn The Boss' passing we will be coming to you to let you give your George Steinbrenner memories. Tweet us your comments @whatsbrewinshow or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Having recently celebrated his 80th birthday on July 4, George Steinbrenner suffered a massive heart attack on July 13 and shortly thereafter, passed away.
George Steinbrenner purchased the New York Yankees from CBS for $10 Million and quickly returned the storied franchise to its former glory and over the years, the team won 7 world championships and captured 11 pennants. Mr. Steinbrenner hired and fired staff seemly every day and was famous for handing out huge sums of money to players . . . so that the Yankees would win. The late '70's and early '80's were known as the "Bronx Zoo" and with Billy Martin, Lou Piniella, Reggie Jackson, Ed Whitson, Dale Berra and others, The New York Yankees, were indeed the "Bronx Zoo".
Mr. Steinbrenner was twice suspended by Major League Baseball, for illegal campaign contributions and later for paying Howard Spiro to dig up dirt on future Hall of Famer, Dave Winfield.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (53 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (28 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (27 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- in5d (13 chatters)
- Curious Times (13 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (12 chatters)
- drkate (11 chatters)
- reactionariez (11 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (9 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (8 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (7 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (7 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (7 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Raw Sex (5 chatters)
- The Seika Network (5 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (5 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (5 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- Common Sense Psychic (4 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (4 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (4 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- God In The Midst (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (3 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (2 chatters)
- Fire Weekly (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (2 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (1 chatters)
- The Program Returns (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Justice Lab (1 chatters)
- Iconici Radio MMA (1 chatters)
- Forecast Radio (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- 16 Bit Assassins (1 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)