SORT BY Relevancy
The Sports Debates / 1/20/2016
Jerry Chiles and Ryan Van Hofwegen discuss NFL, NBA, MLB, NCAA Football, NHL topics at 9:30pm ET/6:30pm PT
* Los Angeles mayor not advocating the Chargers
* NFL health offices contact NIH
* Josh Gordon applies for reinstatement
* Broncos have succeeded with low hits on Gronkowski
* Dwayne Wade has shoulder soreness
* Eric Gordon has surgery for broken finger
* Dirk Nowitzki has swollen knee
* Hal Steinbrenner tells everyone not to judge Chapman
* Mets agree to 2 year $12M deal with Antonio Bastardo
* Homeland Security secretary meets with baseball owners
* Top position areas by teams
* Zack Brown picks Connecticut
* Emmanuel Omogbo expected to play next game
* Marvin Bagley ineligible this year
* John Scott will still captain the west even though he was traded
* Lightning suspend Jonathan Drouin
* Cam Ward put on IR
* The decision: Jerry Chiles will make an NHL decision
* Lloyd Carr to be named to CFP panel
* Dwayne Haskins and Keandre Jones commit to Ohio State
* Best returning players in 2016
* Oregon names Brady Hoke DC
* Patrick Mahomes says he is giving up baseball
* College Football HOF Lou Michaels
Marty Appel is considered the nation's leading authority on the New York Yankees. His 20 books include "Pinstripe Empire: The New York Yankees from Before the Babe to After the Boss", and the children's version, "Pinstripe Pride". He also wrote the New York Times best-seller "Munson," and collaborations with Commissioner Bowie Kuhn, Hall of Famer Tom Seaver, and umpire Eric Gregg. His 19th century biography, "Slide, Kelly, Slide" was named winner of the Casey Award as outstanding baseball book of 1996. A former Yankees public relations director and Emmy award winning television producer (while working for WPIX), he has also handled public relations for the Topps Company, the Atlanta Olympics, MLB, and, through Marty Appel Public Relations - The Sporting News, the Baseball Hall of Fame... [Read full bio at www.AppelPR]
Book: Pinstripe Empire
Marty Appel PR - Official Website
Marty Appel Interview on NYPCRadio Site
Like NYPCRadio page on FB
Subscribe to Newsletter
It’s Valentine’s Day on our “relaxed” Frat House Saturday program. That’s THE day of love, and God knows Frat House Mike loves his sports . . . so he’s wondering (1) what do you LOVE the most in sports – what do you HATE the most? (2) What were the best sports relationships in the history of sports – Staubach-Landry – Brady-Belichick – Martin-Steinbrenner – Jordan-Pippin – Gretzky-Kurri? (3) Come clean folks – who’s got a “hard-copy” (if you know what I mean) of THIS year’s version of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue?
In between, Frat House Mike is bringing you the best from this week’s Frat House Sports Radio Network including our interview with 11-year NFL veterans and six-time Super Bowl contender, Mike Lodish; our chat who should be IN and should NEVER get in to the National Baseball Hall of Fame?; and, finally is legalized sports gambling on the horizon as NBA Commissioner Adam Silver thinks it is? . . . more importantly, should it be legalized?
Give it a listen and be sure to give Frat House Mike a call at 347 – 826 – 9964 . . . because, he’s all by himself, and needs someone to talk to!
The podcast will feature the upcoming Spring Training Games on talk with the NY Yankees! After coming off the 84-78 season in 2014, the Bronx Bombers have to find their way to be at the top of the AL East. Will it be through their pitching? Will the bats come alive this go around? What will they get from the controversial Alex Rodriguez if anything especially coming off the 162 game suspension. The Bleed Blue Show will be the lead off Yankees talk for the 2015 season talking Yanks from the front office to the bat boy and always the perspective of - the fan!
Facebook: The Bleed Blue Show
This edition of the Bluesday recap will feature the latest win of the NY Rangers as they climb the standings of the Eastern Conference battling for playoff position and lead in the Metropolitan division. The Yankees news on and off the field during Spring Training down in Florida from the perspective of the fan. Some off season NY Giants talk on player transactions and potential acquisitions on old faces in possible new faces. State of the NY Knicks on potential free agents possibly coming to the franchise.
On this episode of the Yanks Go Yard Radio Show brought to you by KNODA.com, host and senior staff writer Ricky Keeler brings you a special episode. This will be the 100th episode since the Yanks Go Yard Show relaunched back in December of 2013. For this special occasion, we have a great lineup planned for you.
At 9:05 PM ET, Ricky will be joined by former Yankees' head of public relations and renowned author, Marty Appel. Ricky and Marty will discuss the 1970's New York Yankees' teams, his Yankee Mount Rushmore, and how does he think George Steinbrenner would have handled the Alex Rodriguez situation?
At 10:00 PM ET, Brendan Kuty of NJ.com joins Ricky to give his take on A-Rod, the lack of interest in James Shields, and what is the #1 non A-Rod storyline that he is looking forward to in Spring Training.
As always, you can interact with us during this episode by calling us at: (347)-324-5455 or tweeting us: @YGYRadioShow
Game day is finally here.
After a 7-5 season, the Boston College Eagles are in a Tier I ACC bowl game against a big time opponent. After a controversial 6-6 season, Penn State is in a bowl game but trying to shake the stigma attached to the program imposed by overbearing and possibly illegal NCAA sanctions. The two programs are both rebuilding, and they'll collide at 4 PM at The House That Steinbrenner Built.
New York is the city that never sleeps, and we haven't slept a wink while getting ready for the New Era Pinstripe Bowl. Boston College and Penn State will fight for bragging rights at a stadium located right in the middle of the two campuses in one of the greatest cities in the world. Both schools have links to New York, and now it's time to get ready for game day.
We'll do final breakdowns on the field, and we'll talk with guests and your calls about final expectations on the game. We'll give the comprehensive guide to New York City (if something like that exists), and we'll get ready, finally, for some football.
Boston College-Penn State. The New Era Pinstripe Bowl. Can you believe it's here?
Tom & Mitch will discuss the sudden passing of George Steinbrenner and juvenile comments made by Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert, and much more. We will take calls throughout the show and will also have a chat room available. Be sure to visit our blog site at www.TMSPORTSTALK.com
Get Out The Vote with Activist Stella Antley!
This show is dedicated to the memory of
Octavius Catto ~In 1871, during the the first election in which blacks could vote, Octavius Catto was murdered by a Democratic party operative while canvassing for Republican candidates.
On his way back from the polls, Catto, who had spearheaded a get-out-the-vote drive for black voters, was shot in the back by a political opponent.
Catto’s funeral was the city’s largest to date. His assassination rallied his supporters in the Republican Party, which would dominate Philadelphia politics for the next 80 years, thanks in part to black support. Succeeding generations of African Americans named buildings and professional organizations after him. But by the middle of the 20th century, as the civil rights movement turned its attention to desegregating the South and ensuring housing equality in the North, Catto had become, as his graveside monument proclaims, a “Forgotten Hero.” As perhaps the only historical figure who has been compared to both George Steinbrenner and Rosa Parks, he’s worth remembering.
The first full-length biography of Catto, Tasting Freedom: Octavius Catto and the Battle for Equality in Civil War America, was published in 2010. It is available for purchase at the National Constitutional Center’s gift shop.
His death was a harbinger of a new era in race relations in which the achievement of full civil rights for African Americans would be a dream long deferred.
Join Host Live Chats
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (36 chatters)
- Ms Blue (21 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (18 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (14 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (14 chatters)
- 67939 (13 chatters)
- THOR MINISTRY RADIO NETWORK (11 chatters)
- MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- BeverlyD (9 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (8 chatters)
- thelordshour (8 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (5 chatters)
- Free Fire Friday Gun Talk (5 chatters)
- Do Tha Knowledge Radio (5 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (5 chatters)
- LCS (5 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (4 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (3 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (3 chatters)
- My Psychic Connection (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Witch School (3 chatters)
- WrestleTalk with Rob and Ray (3 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (2 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (2 chatters)
- The Ringing Stone Network (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- CenterStage (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (1 chatters)
- BennetPomerantz0 (1 chatters)
- Fresh Fire Prayer LineBrother Kay (1 chatters)
- Funky Monkey MMA Radio (1 chatters)
- HoneySoul (1 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (1 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (1 chatters)
- Sportsology (1 chatters)