SORT BY Relevancy
in Video Games
It seems everyone we know has heard of -- or, perhaps, even used -- Kickstarter, Steam, PSN, XBox Live Arcade, iTunes, or some avenue to obtain independently created content. But what's been happening lately?
This week, the GCR crew will kick open the steam vents and clear away and smokey haze of mystery as we at a look at what's new and upcoming with indie games. But that's not all! We'll also turn on the green light and look at resources that indie game developers have at their disposal to create, market, and publish their games to the world. Lastly, since we talk about every facet of gaming, we'll look at similar developments for our card and board gaming counterparts.
And definitely don't miss another riveting edition of the Impromptu Game Review with Scott!
nterview Jim Musgrave
Topics of conversation:
Why enhanced eBooks will be the future paradigm of digital reading.
Why I made Steam City Pirates into an enhanced eBook.
I am hosting a new BlogTalk radio show about Steampunk. It’s called “Letting Off Steam with Jim Musgrave, Godfather of Steampunk.” It’s under the umbrella of Pam Stack’s “Authors on the Air” series of popular shows.
Why do male readers, for the most part, get bored easily with novels that have no constant action?
What’s the main advantage Indie authors can have over mainstream “Big Five Publishers” authors?
Where Art Thou?: Moving from STEM to STEAM
STEM is all the rage and rightly so. The skills our children need to learn regardless of their profession incorporate the skills that are taught in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics classes. With the emphasis on these studies one has to wonder what has become of a well-rounded liberal arts education. Schools in many cases have squeezed out fine and performing arts in order to make time for all STEM requirements. In the last five years however, many have come to understand, that arts incorporate complimentary processes to those addressed in STEM curricula. Things have started to heat up in moving from STEM to add the arts and move to STEAM.
In this show, we will explore how the arts are integrated into a STEM centered curriculum and provide a vision of how arts can be better integrated to provide learning opportunities for all students.
Join Host Michael Jay and ETT Guests ponder the following:
What are some examples of the process of moving from STEM to STEAM?
What benefits and trade offs are made in the process of incorporating arts into a STEM curriculum?
How prepared are educators to engage learners in learning activities that incorporate the arts?
What can publishers and curriculum developers do to incorporate more STEM into their arts curricula and/or more arts into their STEM curricula?
To keep up to date, subscribe to the show at edtabletalk.org
Ideas for future show topics? Tweet us @edtabletalk.
The founder of this innovative idea, Josie, joins us to tell us about her vision of this Unique Event combines brain power and fitness for what promises to be an entertaining afternoon. This relay challenge is designed with the intention of engaging middle and high school students in STEAM education in an environment that promotes physical fitness. The students participating in the relay race will have many supporters cheering them on as they compete in front of their family, friends and peers. Here is the link to the actual Evite.
Science - Technology - Engineering - ART - Mathmetics
Technology Expresso Delivers STEAMing hot Tech Topics! The Future Starts Today....
Between May and June, there are three large railway events occuring in the southeast and midwest. Elizabeth Alkire will be discussing Streamliners at Spencer in North Carolina, the 2014 National Railway Historical Society convention in Springdale, Arkansas and Train Expo 2014 in Owosso, Michigan. She will also talk about the 21st Century Steam excursions with Nickel Plate Road 765 and other upcoming fantrips.
Please join me at 10:00 AM Pacific / 1:00 PM Eastern by calling (646) 716-7106, going to http://www.letstalktrains.com to listen live or http://www.letstalktrains.com/chat to participate in the chat room.
The SteamFeed locomotive is off the tracks and heading into the the stars with this new venture. The SteamFeed Radio shuttle will be commanded by longtime internet radio host Gettysburg Gerry, from Studmuffin Media has hosted a number of shows including most recently The Social Studmuffin. He will be joined each week by first officer Paul Cooley , a verteran podcaster from Rule Your Realm.
Steam Powered Giraffe joins the Candi and Randy show. This unique group of individuals who met while taking Theatre Arts at Grossmont College. The group has meshed Steampunk and futurism along with the art of the mime, and music to create a highly imaginative act.
Each member of the group plays a "robot". The Robots are like nothing you have ever seen. Steam Powered Giraffe is more than just a band they are an experience. Hatchwork: Sam Luke
The Spine: David Michael Bennett
Rabbitt: Christoper "Bunny" Bennett
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (98 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (28 chatters)
- thelordshour (26 chatters)
- NTEB (21 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (20 chatters)
- HOV Radio (19 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (16 chatters)
- BeverlyD (15 chatters)
- Psychic Teachers (13 chatters)
- The NIGGA CHURCH (12 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (10 chatters)
- Rich Wilson (10 chatters)
- Gettysburg Ghost Gals (10 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (9 chatters)
- On The Move with Mack Worley (7 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio Mass Media (6 chatters)
- Lesley Mitchell Clarke (6 chatters)
- LivingParanormal (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (6 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (6 chatters)
- Warrior Women W2 (5 chatters)
- American White History Month (5 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (5 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (3 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (3 chatters)
- Josh and Paul (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- Tarvino (2 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (2 chatters)
- SharonWAlker0 (2 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- carsonscorner (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Witch School (2 chatters)
- CoffeeTalkWithChelle (1 chatters)
- A New Day 4 Al Islam (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Random Frequency Network (1 chatters)
- HHH Radio (0 chatters)