SORT BY Relevancy
in Self Help
When you marry, you inherit your spouse family. This includes all the dynamics that comes along with inlaws. Some inlaws are hands off but then there are some inlaws that fully involved in their child marriage. How do you handle meddling inlaws, friends, and extended family?
Where/how do you draw the line between being committed to the "team" (your marriage) and being considerate of others involved? Or once you get married is how THEY feel irrelevant?
In Florida alone, 26 children and teens have been killed in Stand Your Ground cases. Most notably, the cases of Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis have caused an uproar across the nation, with their killers using the Stand Your Ground law successfully in defeating murder convictions. While Marissa Alexander, a victim of domestic violence, was sentenced to 20 years in prison for firing a warning shot. Marissa is now facing 60 years in prison after her appeal was granted and she was offered a retrial. Is the Stand Your Ground law racially bias? Does it give people a license to kill? Could your son be next? Let's discuss...
As the country reels from the outcome of the Jordan Davis case and national conversations abound on the need to repeal Stand Your Ground laws, the Florida Legislature is steadily working to expand the law. We are left stunned and bewildered as we see ill-conceived bills on the threatened use of force hurtle towards passage with bipartisan support. Over the past two weeks, both houses of the Legislature have voted overwhelmingly to expand Stand Your Ground by approving CS/CS/HB 89 and SB 448, the so-called “Warning Shot Bills.” http://rattlernews.tallahassee.com/article/20140312/OPINION05/303120003/My-View-Don-t-make-bad-Stand-Your-Ground-law-worsehttp://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/criminal-justice/is-there-racial-bias-in-stand-your-ground-laws/ The talk where facts matters
Ever since the murder of Trayvon Martin the night of February 26, 2012, Florida's and every state's "Stand Your Ground Law" has come in to question. There have been some cases where the "Stand Your Ground Law" was properly used. There have been cases where the "Stand Your Ground Law" was improperly used. There have also been cases where the "Stand Your Ground Law" should have been applied, but wasn't. Tune in as Mr. Yancey discusses different cases in which this very controversial law has come in to play. You can call in with your questions and comments at (914)338-0665
The Interpreters team will look at recent happenings with Florida's stand your ground laws. Within this report the team will provide the basic knowledge about the law. During the blog talk report political pundits will be tuning in to weigh in on the discussion.
The Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis cases arguably highlight, for many, perceived inequities in the application of the Stand Your Ground (SYG) defense that is now law in 23 states. Join the Clarkie Connection for an impassioned and fascinating discussion of these and other related cases, the historical and cultural foundations of the SYG laws, and the myriad actions presently being taken by fellow citizens to hold accountable the policymakers responsible for the enactment of these laws, and effect the repeal of their injust provisions.
Ever since the death of Trayvon Martin, and the subsequent not guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman, Florida's "Stand Your Ground" law has come under fire. Many are advocating for its repeal in the state of Florida. The general consensus among advocates of repeal is that the law's application is racially biased; and, that it is essentially a license to kill..As you can imagine, the debate has been drawn along political lines, and has forced many to take sides. The question, however, is whether we are properly informed .
On the eve of a major protest of Florida's controversial "Stand Your Ground" self-defense law, we explore the legislation, and how it has been misinterpreted largely by the media. Joining us in this discussion is Andrew F. Branca, an attorney who's specialty is self-defense law. He is also the author of, The Law of Self Defense.
Today we have special show planned. Please call in (718) 508-9990 and join the conversation in regards to standing your ground when approached by the police. Today we will speak with an individual by the name of Maurice; made known to us here at Earth Grind via his youtube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWbuevf4Myg.
Earth Grind respects the way brotha Maurice handled himself especially in the presence of young people. This was such an inspiring moment that we must learn the full details of the situation. Brotha Maurice appeared to be schooling the enforcement officer with the support of a 14 year old young man.
Maurice is a living example; that knowledge combined with wisdom is more powerful then a gun. And it will keep you alive.
Peace to all the black diamonds of the world.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (137 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (69 chatters)
- reactionariez (30 chatters)
- Medium Renee Richards (24 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (17 chatters)
- thelordshour (16 chatters)
- Straitway (16 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (10 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (9 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (8 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (7 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (7 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (7 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (5 chatters)
- FWrestling and EFed Guerillas (5 chatters)
- Omega Man (4 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (4 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (3 chatters)
- Twilight Talk Radio presents (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (3 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (3 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (3 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (2 chatters)
- 16 Bit Assassins (2 chatters)
- I AM SUPERWOMAN RADIO (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- MnM Missing N Murdered (2 chatters)
- Political T and T (2 chatters)
- Souls Eye View Too (2 chatters)
- The Essence of Success Network (2 chatters)
- patriots united (2 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (2 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- The Coffee Club (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- Pagan Musings Podcast Channel (1 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (1 chatters)
- KeyWestGrind (1 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- JackNewtown (1 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)