SORT BY Relevancy
This week the St. Christopher’s Inn Recovery Radio Podcast focuses on the holidays at St. Christopher’s Inn- how we make them special and why. Host David Gerber interviews one of SCI’s most senior staff members, Thomas King, who orchestrates many of the holiday celebrations throughout the year, and gets his take on the importance of holidays here at the Inn, and discusses the relationship between holiday celebrations and how the staff Friars and alumni contibute to these powerful events throughout the year.
This week the St. Christopher’s Inn Recovery Radio Podcast is hosted by Director of Nursing and Admissions Laurel McCullagh who interviews David Gerber on the topic of bullying. David discusses the changing nature of bullying today in schools as well as it’s relationship to the choice to abuse chemicals, and it’s impact in chemical dependency treatment.
The inaugural podcast for St. Christopher’s Inn Recovery Radio! The first episode features interviews with President and CEO Fr. Bill Drobach and COO Marianne Taylor-Rhoades along with Alumni President Matthew N. Find out about the history of the Inn, and what makes St. Christopher’s so special. Matthew gives a detailed account of his journey to recovery, and successes since leaving the Inn. He also explains the role of the alumni in supporting the mission of St. Christopher’s Inn, and how former clients can connect with the 1,000 member strong Alumni Association. The podcast is hosted by David Gerber, Director of Counseling and Shelter Services. Don’t miss our first episode with some of the most important people that contribute to the overall success of the Inn.
In today's edition of the Encouragement Group, host David Gerber takes the quote: "Life is Like Photography, You Need the Negatives to Develop" and draws the link between that and recovery. Most people enter into recovery cloudy and broken. It's when we allow ourselves to open up and develop that our beautiful selves come through. Listen in as miracles will be shared.
In today's edition of the Encouragement Group host David Gerber explores the difference in outcomes when we stop chasing all of the wrong things and allow the right things to catch you. By doing so, we open doors to brighter futures. Michael Boccia chimes in with the notion of how trees are sometimes smarter than humans, as they drop their leaves with no questions asked, yet in treatment, we often hold on to what needs to be dropped. As always, miracles will be shared.
In today's edition of the Encouragement Group, host David Gerber takes a look at an old Chinese parable that helps us to examine our circumstances as being fortunate or unfortunate depending on how we choose to look a those circumstances. Co host Michael Boccia helps participants to take a look at how miracles occur. As always miracles will be shared.
The Dungeon Crawlers Radio team is excited to welcome to the show Michael and Nathan owners of Gamers Inn which is our proud new sponsor!
We will be talking to them about their new store Gamers Inn and so much more! Tune in for tonight's exciting show wit this interview, geek news, your gamer forge emails and more..
This episode of Dungeon Crawlers Radio has been brought to you by Audible. Visit http://www.audibletrial.com/DungeonCrawlersRadio for a free trial membership*.
*Note: From the Audible website, here are the terms of the free membership. Read the fine print, please!
Audible® Free Trial Details
* Get your first 30 days of the AudibleListener® Gold membership plan free, which includes one credit. In almost all cases, one credit equals one audiobook. After your 30 day trial, your membership will automatically renew each month for just $14.95, billed to the credit card you used when you registered with Audible. With your membership, you will receive one credit per month plus members-only discounts on all audio purchases. If you cancel your membership before your free trial period is up, you will not be charged. Thereafter, cancel anytime, effective the next billing cycle. See the complete terms and policy applicable to Audible memberships.
This edition of the Encouragement Group, features David Gerber, Director of Counseling/Shelter Services at St. Christopher’s Inn discussing the famous quote from Thomas Jefferson: The Harder I Work, The Luckier I Get. David explores this quote to demonstrate that luck has very little to do with success, and outcomes are based on work. This is encouraging and empowering as everyone has the capacity for sobriety and all of its benefits as long as they are willing to do the work. Asst. Director Amy Sucich added to the discussion by sharing about her trip to Ghana, and helping men to be grateful for the things they have as oposed to the things they don’t.
This week, David Gerber host of the St. Christopher’s Inn Recovery Radio Podcast interviews Joe Demarzo, the Deputy Commissioner of Mental Health and Social Services Putnam County. Together they discuss trends among drug use in kids today. Listen to some staggering numbers such as 40% of high schoolers in Putnam County self report that they have used marijuana in the last 30 days. The show is compelling in the description of parent attitude changes related to addiction, and listeners will learn about warning signs that problems exist.
This weeks edition of the encouragement group focuses on how our value as human beings exists even though we have made mistakes and poor choices in life. Host David Gerber experientially demonstrates how like people, objects of value retain their value, even when crumpled and dirtied. Michael Boccia adds to the discussion by sharing how when we ignore problems, they tend to get worse, so like a light that goes on in your car, pay attention to the warning signs. As always, miracles will be shared.
Today is December 26th, the day after Christmas, also known as St. Stephen's Day or the Feast of Stephen. Sometimes referred to as Boxin Day, as well, in places like England.
The devotion today is about Stephen. We'll close with a prayer.
Enyoy your Christmas weekend everyone!
This edition of the Encouragement Group, features David Gerber, Director of Counseling/Shelter Services at St. Christopher’s Inn discussing the concept of miracles, and how each and every one of the men at St. Christopher’s Inn is a miracle and also another miracle in waiting. Michael Boccia shares how all things are possible if can just believe you are worth it. And more miracles will be shared.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (497 chatters)
- Yada (39 chatters)
- reactionariez (26 chatters)
- thelordshour (22 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (19 chatters)
- Straitway (15 chatters)
- Bellesprit (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (9 chatters)
- World Wide Resistance Radio (9 chatters)
- Christian Farm and Homestead (7 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (6 chatters)
- Native Trailblazers (6 chatters)
- The Portal (6 chatters)
- Universal School Of Thought (5 chatters)
- Hezekiah L Montgomery (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (5 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (3 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio Show (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (2 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (2 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (2 chatters)
- Michigan United Broadcast (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (1 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (1 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (0 chatters)
- Aftermath Radio (0 chatters)