SORT BY Relevancy
Pro athletes remain in denial to the reality of their own injuries and the long term effects towards their overall health.
Leigh Steinberg, one of the most influential persons in pro sports, has become increasingly vocal regarding the injury of players today. During his 30-year career, Steinberg has represented over 150 athletes in football, baseball, basketball, boxing and Olympic sports.
It’s no surprise that athletes are hurting themselves in a professional sport system that appears to turn a blind eye for the sake of big money.
Teams are reluctant to keep their star players out of play for a length of time as this may hamper a playoff run, standings in the league or financial gain.
Some people have forecasted the eventual death of football if the lawsuits, concussions and life altering injuries do not cease. The game itself is not likely to change but in order to save the athletes it has been suggested, by many league officials, that Neurologists have a place on the sidelines of every game for players of all ages.
Leigh Steinberg joins us LIVE at BEYONDtheCheers on blogtalkradio on Wednesday, October 8th at 7PM EST. Friday at NOON is our repeat broadcast on AMFM247 plus listen anytime at iHeart Radio.com.
Back in effect and talking Week 2 but first .... We discuss the results of Monday Night Football's double header and its standout performances. We touch on the upcoming performance of those injured in Week 1 and revisit some players from the last episode. We offer a debate on addressing injuries on you squad and offer insight on some possible outcome of the upcomingNFL/NFLPA drug policy aggreement and how it will affect you, possibly as soon as this weekend.
We will discuss the prevention, treatment, and recovery of sports injuries. Most importantly concussions in youth and amateur sports. A revolutionary new product that can detect concussions as they happen and attaches to the back of helmets will be discussed.
Runners get injured, often needlessly. Join Richard Diaz and his guest Jason Fitzgerald-USATF Certified Running Coach as they share insights into the cause of most running related injuries and the misconceptions of what does NOT prevent these injuries.
If you have been sidelined by running injuries, incapable of finishing a marathon and are unsure why you often plagued by reoccurring problems with your run, this is a show you don’t want to miss. Some of the information may surprise you, the solutions are simple to employ and may be what is needed to get you back on track and running with confidence once again.
Join Rob and Nick as they bring you another Episode of In the Slot Radio. Join the two this week as they talk about the NHL injury bug, the Washington Captials, and the Calgary Flames.
The duo also talks about the Connor McDavid sweepstakes, and the teams that are in the mix for him.
It wouldn't be a show with the two making fun of Flyers defenseman Michael Del Zotto after his recent run in with star Lisa Ann.
Ann devotes this show to the important topic of head injuries in sports with guests NFL Hall of Famer Harry Carson, former NFL & Yale RB John Nitti, Dr. Max Gomez of WCBS-TV & Liz Giordano, CEO, Head Injury Association.
Bill and Jared are live this week as they talk all things sports! This week the show will look to focus on Sprint declining to renew their title sponsorship for NASCAR...does this help or hurt the sport. In addition to that, we will continue to talk professional football and more specifically teams that are in trouble with the quarterback position. Speaking of QB's we will discuss the performance of one quarterback in Cleveland who did not have a very good starting debut! All this and more on the Sports Cathedral live tonight at 7pm
Dont' forget you can join in with comments or questions that you may have at (347) 843-4615
This Week: Effects of True Knowledge - We will be continuing our discussion on The Truth, how we discover it, what true knowledge vs false knowledge is, and most importantly the empowering effects of true knowledge. True Knowledge enhances all our talents and abilities, and is acquired in quantum leaps of understanding, enabling us to create with greater degrees of harmony and efficacy.
Our hosts Justin Deschamps, Julian Robles and Sierra Neblina bring you a discussion for the Awakening Minds. The hope is to reveal data in a way which empowers the individual with practical knowledge. This is best accomplished by presenting an idea and discussing it openly, allowing the full breadth of the data to be contemplated.
General guidelines for show: We share ideas as a premise, an offer, cypher or coded "zip file" to contemplate. We share ideas that we have tested, and have a high degree of certainty and probability of being true. But, we always encourage discussion and discourse surrounding these ideas, all viewpoints are valid.
This will be a series of shows, laying a foundation to the tapestry of information we will be unfolding into the future. This will help set the context, which is helpful for developing a complete and holistic understanding.
Truth discovery is a group effort, and best done when we are able to share all our ideas together freely, assisting in decoding and grounding process. NO idea is worthless, all things are aides in our process.
Be sure to call in to interact with this discussion LIVE at 646-478-3085 and then press 1.
In this most magical time of year, why not spend 2 precious hours of it listening to your favorite sports show on the internet? It's our gift to you and your gift to us. It's what the holidays are all about. On this episode:
- The boys discuss their holiday plans, we talk about Hanukkah and the Boxing Day White Elephant Show on the 26th as well as the future in 2015
- 2 big segments of NFL talk, including the Cowboys rise to the top, the Niners imploding, the Bills tripping the Pack and so much more. In segment 2 we talk about the Commisioner's work, off-field issues and look ahead to Week 16
- With only 1 game on the college slate, the Jeffs talk about the Bowl schedule ahead, continue to debate the playoff selections and the future of college football
- Finally it's time again for Mick's Pub. We will hear about the Sony Hack, the Hobbit movie and more
- Mr Feltman keeps us up to date on the larest in baseball as the market slows down a bit, including the Rangers finally do something and his thoughts on the season ahead
- With College Football sliding off the sports calander, it's time to replace it with NBA and NHL action. We look at violence and disease in hockey, the NBA turned upside down and anything else that comes to mind
- We finish with News and Notes including Big Fight at JerryWorld, UFC sued, NASCAR failing and more
All that and your calls at (347) 308-8637
So LISTEN LIVE Dec 17th from 830-1030p CST or anytime after on Itunes (Search The Sports Narrative under podcasts) or at www.thesportsnarrative.com
Friday Night Lights show highlighting players and coaches from high schools all over the country.
BEYOND FINDING THE RIGHT SCHOOL
Student athletes not only want to get into a college or university, they also are looking for scholarship opportunities. Identifying student athletes that are capable of garnering scholarship opportunities isn't simple. In an arena of just over 7 million High School students athletes only 2% of those students will receive some level of scholarship.
In this competitive arena MYP2P is the first and only social network that brings coaches, players and pros together to help kids reach their goals and realize their dreams. We will work tirelessly to help make the connections and foster the athletic excellence that's required to get recognized by Colleges, Universities, Scouts and Coaches.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (40 chatters)
- Curious Times (25 chatters)
- The Big Thicket Watch (23 chatters)
- ankhkakek (19 chatters)
- The Lions are Out the Cage (18 chatters)
- Love Productions (12 chatters)
- Homer Bouvier (10 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (8 chatters)
- Olivia Wilder (8 chatters)
- CRAZY NATION RADIO (4 chatters)
- Geek Pile X Creative Geek Show (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- FatherRosadodotcom talk (3 chatters)
- Blue Waters (3 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (2 chatters)
- Arlette and Mike Talk (2 chatters)
- Food Alchemy Network (2 chatters)
- DiggerDan (2 chatters)
- Sports Smack Down Network (2 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (2 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (1 chatters)
- OLE ship of ZION (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- GregaGarcia (1 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (1 chatters)
- BarnCat Radio (1 chatters)
- anythings on the table (1 chatters)
- briggiemarie (1 chatters)