SORT BY Relevancy
Join us on Wednesday, Sept. 18 when our guest on Studio SPJ will be Mark Segal, founder and publisher of the Philadelphia Gay News. Segal is one of the founders and former president of the National Gay Press Association and the National Gay Newspaper Guild. He founded PGN in 1975, making it one of the oldest gay newspapers in the United States. He also has covered gay life from place like Lebanon, Cuba and East Berlin during the time when the Berlin Wall was torn down. He represented the gay press and lectured in Moscow and St. Petersburg at Russia's first openly gay conference. Recently he was inducted into the GLBT Journalist Hall of Fame by the National Gay and Lesbian Journalists Association.
Join us on Saturday Aug. 10 at 2 p.m. Eastern noon / Mountain time when our guest on Studio SPJ will be M. E. Sprengelmeyer, reporter and publisher of the Guadalupe County Communicator.
Before purchasing the weekly paper in New Mexico in 2009, Sprengelmeyer worked at the Rocky Mountain News, where he served in the paper's Washington bureau.
He had covered the Iraq War and the 2008 Presidential campaign for the Rocky. But when the paper folded in February 2009, Sprengelmeyer decided to take a new direction as the owner of a small community paper with a circulation of about 2,000.
Earlier this year, he served as a speaker at SPJ's Region 9 Conference in Santa Fe.
In this half-hour program, he will talk with Rio Grande SPJ chapter member Laura Paskus about his experience and his belief that "the future of print is print."
This program is co-sponsored by SPJ's Rio Grande chapter.
Join us on Friday, Oct. 4 at 1 p.m. Eastern / 10 a.m. Pacific when our guest on Studio SPJ will be journalist and author Seth Rosenfeld. Rosenfeld, a former reporter of the San Francisco Chronicle and San Francisco Examiner, is the author of "Subversives, the FBI's War on Student Radicals and Reagan's Rise to Power." He also is the winner of SPJ's Sunshine Award this year and a past winner (2003) of the SDX Foundation's Eugene S. Pulliam First Amendment Award. Both awards recognized Rosenfeld's brilliant and dogged work in peeling back layer after layer of secrecy though his skillful and persistent use of the Freedom of Information Act. His fight to force the government to comply with the Act led to a series of court rulings that strengthened citizen access to federal public records. It also forced the release of some 300,000 documents and resulted in a judgement of $1 million to pay his pro bono attorneys' fees. Studio SPJ is an on-going series of conversations with journalists on topics of interest to the profession. This episode is co-sponsored by the Northern California chapter of SPJ.
Join us on Monday, Aug. 26 at 11 a.m. Eastern / 8 a.m. Pacific as we wrap up our live coverage of Excellence in Journalism 2013 with a conversation with two up and coming SPJ leaders.
Our guests will be Dana Neuts, a candidate for SPJ President-elect and Paul Fletcher, a candidate for SPJ Secretary-Treasurer. Both are running unopposed.
We'l talk about the state of the society and what they hope to accomplish as members of the executive committee.
Neuts has been a freelance journalist since 2003. She is the owner/publisher of iLoveKent.net.
She currently serves as SPJ Secretary-Treasurer. She previously served as Region 10 Director and as president of the Western Washington SPJ Chapter.
Fletcher is publisher and editor-in-chief of Virginia Lawyers Weekly, a newspaper and website for the legal profession in Richmond, Va. where he has worked since 1988.
He has served as president of the Virginia Pro chapter of SPJ for the last two years.
Join us for the third in a series of live broadcasts from the Excellence in Journalism 2013 conference in Anaheim, Ca. on Sunday, Aug. 25 at 3:30 p.m. Pacific / 6:30 p.m. Eastern.
Our guests will be Linda Petersen, chair of the SPJ Ethics committee and Deidre Woollard, a community editor with Realtor.com.
Petersen will talk about the reaction to a recent study her committee conducted on the relationship between reporters covering federal agencies and the public information officers who represent those agencies.
Woollard will talk about a program she will be presenting on Monday called "Owning your beat online."
Join us for the next installment of Studio SPJ live from the Excellence in Journalism Conference on Saturday, Aug. 24 at 6:30 p.m / 3:30 Pacific.
Our guests will be Kevin Smith, chairman of the SPJ Ethics Committee and Robert Leger, president of the SDX Board.
Smith, a former SPJ president, will talk about whether the SPJ Ethics Code needs to be updated for an age in which journalism has gone digital. The topic is scheduled to be discussed during the EIJ Conference.
Leger, also a former SPJ president, will talk about his plans for the SDX Foundation, which is the non-profit philanthropic arm of SPJ.
"The Brenner Brief Show" will no longer air on BlogTalkRadio after the Sept. 30 show. Please subscribe to the newsletter to receive information to find the show starting October 7.
Conservatarian Sara Marie Brenner does not let public opinion get in the way of "telling it like it is." Brenner is the Creator/Editor of TheBrennerBrief.com, a right-of-center news and analysis with multiple contributors. Brenner also serves as a city councilman in her home city of Powell, Ohio, practicing what she preaches by fighting tax increases and expanding government. She writes a daily (M-F) column for WashingtonTimes.com. Read her full bio here.
On tonight's show, Sara Marie Brenner will discuss the government shutdown, Seymour Hersh's perhaps inadvertently encouraging journalists to be like Andrew Breitbart, and volunteer leaders of the effort to recall two San Antonio elected officials (including Julian Castro) will join us live.
Episode 01 - In this broadcast, I feature some of the best music San Antonio has to offer. Never heard of bands in San Antonio? We've got plenty. Be sure to check out our sister podcast at http://210LocalMusic.libsyn.com/rss the website www.210localmusic.com and find us on facebook and twitter 210localmusic & @210localmusic. Oh yeah, and we're on iTunes!
Are young people disconnected from traditional concept of news? If so, what are the implications for news organizations going forward? Those will be two of the topics addressed during our next episode of Studio SPJ on Friday, Dec. 7 at 11 a.m. Central when our guest will be Paula Poindexter, a journalism professor at the University of Texas at Austin. Poindexter will talk about her new book, Millennials, News, and Social Media: Is News Engagement a Thing of the Past? (published by Peter Lang.
Charlotte View interviews returning guest, tenor Marco Antonio Varela | Las Vegas, NV
Marco Antonio Varela first visited Charlotte View in July 2012. Listen to past interview here. During this interview we will talk about his career, his successes and his upcoming performance during The San Gennaro Festival in LA. Marco will sing along television personality Jimmy Kimmel and Comedian Adam Carolla, producer Doug DeLuca, restaurateur Frankie Competelli and some of LAs’ most prominent Italian American citizens This is an interview you do not want to miss. Contact Marco Varela to book him for your events: (702)443-2992 / email@example.com http://www.reverbnation.com/marcovarela
Wisconsin television anchor/reporter Jennifer Livingston made headlines of her own in October went she responded on air to a viewer who criticized her as being overweight. The incident sparked a national discussion about obesity, self-esteem and bullying. It also put Livingston in the unusual position of being part of the news rather than the person reporting it. Now that a few months have passed, Livington has agreed to be our guest on Studio SPJ. The half-ho
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (445 chatters)
- sherrytalkradio (45 chatters)
- MN.B.R.T. (32 chatters)
- Curious Times (30 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (18 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (18 chatters)
- Jay King Network (17 chatters)
- Love Productions (17 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (15 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (12 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (12 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (12 chatters)
- dtm wicked (11 chatters)
- Radio Akasha (10 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (10 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (9 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (9 chatters)
- Prophetic Conversations (8 chatters)
- Reader Tash (8 chatters)
- STATE OF MENTELL RADIO (8 chatters)
- SupermanHomepage (7 chatters)
- The School of Shamanism (7 chatters)
- KxOn3 Under Fire (7 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (7 chatters)
- Building Universal Consciousness (6 chatters)
- INSOMNIAC Radio (6 chatters)
- New Colony Network (6 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Indy Showcase Radio (5 chatters)
- Faith Works (5 chatters)
- Cross Walk Talk (5 chatters)
- First Love Radio (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- Lorraine Roe (4 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (4 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- WTP 4R People (3 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (3 chatters)
- Four Aces Presents (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- FrmHsPerspectiv (2 chatters)
- Jon Matthews (2 chatters)
- InThe Plug (2 chatters)
- Heart to Love with Fola (2 chatters)
- EOTM Radio Networks (2 chatters)
- DON JR CEO (2 chatters)
- Christ Judgement (2 chatters)
- Around Citi Live (2 chatters)
- Nation Building Movement (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (2 chatters)
- thebuttterflyeffect (2 chatters)
- Vinny Bond (2 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (2 chatters)
- The Foundation Team Network (2 chatters)
- Sevin Hunnid (2 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (1 chatters)
- Whats Brewin (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- TheForbiddenFruit (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- MASTER GRIOT NBBTA RADIO (1 chatters)
- Michael Anthony Johnson (1 chatters)
- Lance Scurv (1 chatters)
- Lesbian Biz Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Kawakab (1 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (1 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD BLOG (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries LIVE (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Shay Star Radio (0 chatters)