SORT BY Relevancy
Special Guest Rebekah White from Heal yourself Talk.com Her oldest son has Asperger syndrome and we will be talking to her about the behaviors and ways that she has found to cope with his issues. We also hope to cover how she can work from home while having children and especially a child with a disorder.
Parenting special needs kids can make it hard to maintain a positive outlook. I'll share 3 ways you can keep it positive!
Dee is sharing her story of visiting a special needs kids camp with her Cocker spaniel and longhaired ShihTzu along with how she started her business to help the dogs who help us humans.
Sally Brown talks to me today about why she wrote the book The Big Red Bike and why she started her own business to help kids and adults with mobility issues while she copes with having Cerebral Palsy.
Who owns the IEP process? Hear some insight from a special needs mom who's also a special education teacher.
Parents don't always realize how much work goes into an IEP, or how challenging it is for the teachers who write them.
Teachers don't always appreciate how lost parents can feel through the whole process.
Kids rarely get the full spectrum of services that will make for the most enriching educational experience possible.
Parents have to be the final driving force in the education of their child, because the only thing that will follow a child from pre-k to graduation is that IEP file and parental guidance.
Be sure to check out the IEP Aide from Vestidd, which will guide you through the important information on that IEP, and will allow you to store all of that paperwork easily, so that you can be the driving force and let that IEP grow with your child.
Learn more at www.vestidd.com
In this episode we are joined by Coach Alex Sachs of the KEEN program in Phoenix. As a former professional soccer player and Olympic medal winner, Alex brings her great passion for sports to serving the special needs community.
KEEN Phoenix (Kids Enjoying Exercise Now) is a national, nonprofit volunteer-led organization that provides one-to-one recreational opportunities for children and young adults with developmental and physical disabilities at no cost to their families and caregivers. KEEN's mission is to foster the self-esteem, confidence, skills and talents of its athletes through non-competitive activities, allowing young people facing even the most significant challenges to meet their individual goals. We have three sites that we service kids from Escalante Community Center, Gompers, and Jewish Community Center in Scottsdale.
Alessandra “Coach Alex” Sachs played on the Brazilian Women’s National Soccer Team for 11 years and has a silver medal from the 2004 Olympic Games, a gold medal 2007 Pan American Games and was inducted in the Brazilian Soccer Hall of Fame in 2005.
Today, she is the Program Director of KEEN Phoenix and Program Manager of Playworks Arizona.
In this episode, Rob Haupt also offers an update on recent news about Medi-Cal and Medicaid coverage for autism services.
Join me and my special guest Stephanie Collins, as we discuss her struggles as a parent with special needs children and how writing down about her experiences was not only therapeutic, but led her to write a book. "With Angels Wings", tells the story of what she went through without romanticizing or glazing over the most difficult times. Her message is to tell the parents of special needs children that they are not alone, to give professionals working with these parents a perspective, and to give all others a glimpse into the world of special needs children.
Join Host Live Chats
- Pro Wrestling Torch (19 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (16 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (12 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (9 chatters)
- Starz Psychics Network (8 chatters)
- Spirit Medium Laura (7 chatters)
- Tarhaka (7 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (7 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (6 chatters)
- 27 Outs Podcast Home of MiLB TalkX (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (3 chatters)
- olddominionlibertarian (3 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- The Ascending Word Power Hour (2 chatters)
- Our Own Voices Live (2 chatters)
- Know Thyself Radio (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- Christian Devotions Speak UP (2 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (1 chatters)
- GullahGeechee Riddim (1 chatters)
- Here Be Monsters (1 chatters)
- Above The Fray Podcast (1 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (1 chatters)
- BodyMindSpirit Radio (1 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (1 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- Out Of A Pure Heart Ministries (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- THE CONFLICTS OF LIFE (1 chatters)
- The Organic View (1 chatters)
- Sports Talk with Benson (1 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)