SORT BY Relevancy
On the show today I ask Andy Nixon, lead pastor of The Woodland United Methodist Church - The Loft some listener questions about God and Faith in families with special needs kids.
It’s a great conversation and I know you’ll enjoy it! Join us now to hear how it went!
Parenting special needs kids can make it hard to maintain a positive outlook. I'll share 3 ways you can keep it positive!
Tonight, we will be discussing needs.
Just what are needs?
Is what I think is a need really a need, or just a want?
What do I do when I have a need?
Why is it that the Church just does not seem to care about meeting needs anymore?
Needs Met is a Christian Non-profit 501c3 Ministry that looks for needs in our community and meets those needs through others that want to help meet those needs. Needs can be most anyting like;
services like BabySitting, Resumes, handman services etc...
God is our source for the meeting of needs, but God uses you and me to do His work.
If you have a need, please let us know and watch as God meets that need.
If you have the ability and desire to meet a need, God wants you! God can use you to meet the needs of others. But you have to let someone know that you are able and willing to meet needs. Offer up yor ability, resource, or talent that you have and watch as God uses it to help those in need.
Our special guest this week will be Dr. Katrina Sparks, both an educator and mother with personal and professional experience in Special Education. In this day and age, many of our young people are being classified with labels pertaining to special education, but no one looks at the impact the various labels have on families and educators alike. During this show we will get tips and first hand information from Dr. Sparks...tune in!
Join me on Thursday, May 21, 2014 at 7PM CST
I am looking forward to having you join us on the call, come and be blessed.
The call in number is number is 718-508-9987.
You can connect with me Minister Clara Peters via facebook under my name, Women of Divine Distinction Ministry, Clara L Peters – Life Coach or Divine Diva Book Club. GOD Bless You Much Love Minister Clara Peters
Join us for our next show where Vangie will interview Pam Harmon from Young Life Capernum about ministry to teens with special needs.
July 15, 2014
12:00 p.m. EDT
Pam Harmon is the executive director of Young Life's Capernaum Ministry. YL Capernaum Ministry is made up of caring people who strive to help provide teens with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities live abundant life to the full. Pam brings with her a vast array of experience serving youth with disabilities across the country and resources to help churches take next steps in becoming more inclusive and welcoming. Pam is married to Mark, and they live in Nashville, Tennessee. They have 2 adult sons and one sweet grandson.
Young Life Capernaum gives young people with intellectual and developmental disabilities the chance to experience fun and adventure, to develop fulfilling friendships and to challenge their limits while building self-esteem through club, camp and other exciting activities. Young Life staff and volunteers model Christ’s unconditional love and acceptance as they walk alongside these young adults — filling their lives with love and support.
If you can’t join us live, be sure to listen later to this or other Shaping Special Hearts shows in the archive at www.blogtalkradio.com/cmconnect.
Ever wondered what special needs ministry looks like after childhood? Having trouble finding strategies for integrating differently-abled teens into youth group? Listen as Vangie interviews Benjamin T. Conner and hear them unpack ways to "create spaces" where teens with disabilities can amplify our witness!
Benjamin T. Conner, author of Amplifying Our Witness, has worked with adolescents for twenty years, ran a ministry to adolescents with developmental disabilities in Williamsburg, Virginia for 7 years, and is now Associate Professor of Discipleship at Western Theological Seminary in Holland, Michigan where he teaches courses in discipleship, youth ministry, mission, and is responsible for developing their recently approved Graduate Certificate in Disability Ministry.
Special Guest Rebekah White from Heal yourself Talk.com Her oldest son has Asperger syndrome and we will be talking to her about the behaviors and ways that she has found to cope with his issues. We also hope to cover how she can work from home while having children and especially a child with a disorder.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (104 chatters)
- Dark Twitter (21 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (18 chatters)
- BigBrotherGroup (16 chatters)
- John Baptist (15 chatters)
- BeverlyD (14 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (13 chatters)
- thedean (11 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (11 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (11 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (11 chatters)
- KAS1 (8 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (7 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (5 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (5 chatters)
- Patriot Family (5 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (5 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (4 chatters)
- NatureofReality (4 chatters)
- Dr Ritamarie (4 chatters)
- Attune Magazine Radio (4 chatters)
- Triple DarkGodis Radio (4 chatters)
- WWCR RADIO (4 chatters)
- Whispers from Heaven (3 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (3 chatters)
- ParanormalPsychicRadio (3 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (3 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (3 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (3 chatters)
- Body of Christ (3 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (3 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (3 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries N Friends (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- pamelamarieedmunds (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (2 chatters)
- Entertainment Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (2 chatters)
- AmericanMuslim360 (2 chatters)
- The Vent Man (2 chatters)
- Tracey Lee (1 chatters)
- WARriorsInGODsArmy (1 chatters)
- Among The Realms Radio (1 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- Awakenings Radio (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- Allyssa Narvaez Online (1 chatters)
- Edge Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Energy Awareness (1 chatters)
- Godney (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- Hickory Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Illuminati Exposed (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Jim Nemley (1 chatters)
- Lez Talk Books Radio (1 chatters)
- Lisa Williams Medium (1 chatters)
- Kissmeimpsychic (1 chatters)
- North London Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (1 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (1 chatters)
- Mikeisha (1 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (1 chatters)
- SecularTalkRadio (1 chatters)
- Seekers Intercessors Chamber (1 chatters)
- Side Kick Pro (1 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (1 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (1 chatters)
- Radio PRS (0 chatters)