SORT BY Relevancy
On the show today I ask Andy Nixon, lead pastor of The Woodland United Methodist Church - The Loft some listener questions about God and Faith in families with special needs kids.
It’s a great conversation and I know you’ll enjoy it! Join us now to hear how it went!
Who owns the IEP process? Hear some insight from a special needs mom who's also a special education teacher.
Parents don't always realize how much work goes into an IEP, or how challenging it is for the teachers who write them.
Teachers don't always appreciate how lost parents can feel through the whole process.
Kids rarely get the full spectrum of services that will make for the most enriching educational experience possible.
Parents have to be the final driving force in the education of their child, because the only thing that will follow a child from pre-k to graduation is that IEP file and parental guidance.
Be sure to check out the IEP Aide from Vestidd, which will guide you through the important information on that IEP, and will allow you to store all of that paperwork easily, so that you can be the driving force and let that IEP grow with your child.
Learn more at www.vestidd.com
Parenting special needs kids can make it hard to maintain a positive outlook. I'll share 3 ways you can keep it positive!
Join me and my special guest Stephanie Collins, as we discuss her struggles as a parent with special needs children and how writing down about her experiences was not only therapeutic, but led her to write a book. "With Angels Wings", tells the story of what she went through without romanticizing or glazing over the most difficult times. Her message is to tell the parents of special needs children that they are not alone, to give professionals working with these parents a perspective, and to give all others a glimpse into the world of special needs children.
Pieces of the Puzzle: A Personal Journey of Raising a Child With Special Needs with Wendy Keyes Roback
In Pieces of the Puzzle, Wendy Keyes Roback shares her personal account of parenting a special needs child and her quest for answers about her son, who is eventually diagnosed with a significant hearing loss and a rare genetic condition. Get ready for laughs and tears as Wendy recounts the highs and lows she experiences during the first seven years of Jaden's life, and be there as she struggles with the issues that raising this unique child brings.
Eventually, this mother learns that her son's condition does not define him, and that having a special needs child is not the life-shattering diagnosis most expect it to be. She realizes that Jaden is perfect just the way he is and that the life she was given is even better than the life she envisioned. Pieces of the Puzzle is optimistic, honest, and empowering, offering hope and inspiration to other parents and affording the reader a glimpse into the life of a very special child.
To purchase Pieces of the Puzzle, Click Here
Special Guest Rebekah White from Heal yourself Talk.com Her oldest son has Asperger syndrome and we will be talking to her about the behaviors and ways that she has found to cope with his issues. We also hope to cover how she can work from home while having children and especially a child with a disorder.
today, we will be discussing Works.
Not a popular subject, but one that we need to talk about. As usual, needs take center stage. If you have a need, or the ability to meet a need, let us knor at anytime by using our call in line, chat, or email. God meets needs, but he uses us to do the work.
Needs Met is a Christian Non-profit 501c3 Ministry and Church that looks for needs in our community and meets those needs through others that want to help meet those needs. Needs can be most anyting like;
services like BabySitting, Resumes, handman services etc...
God is our source for the meeting of needs, but God uses you and me to do His work.
If you have a need, please let us know and watch as God meets that need.
If you have the ability and desire to meet a need, God wants you! God can use you to meet the needs of others. But you have to let someone know that you are able and willing to meet needs. Offer up yor ability, resource, or talent that you have and watch as God uses it to help those in need.
Special Needs Family and Preparedness!
American Preppers Radio!
9:00pm/Est 8:00pm/Ct 7:00pm/Mt 6:00pm/Pt
Live Listen and Chat go to: http://prepperbroadcasting.com/listen-chat/
Preparing with a child or family member with special needs is not a cut and dry situation, how you prepare is directly linked to the needs of the family member you are preparing with. Family members that are elderly, disabled or have autism all require different needs on a daily basis.
Patrick of SurvivalatHome.com was good enough to be on the show this week with Lisa and I, he has a daughter Maggi that has special needs and gives us some incite about what life is like Preparing with a special needs child.
Patrick recently wrote an article titled “How to Be Prepared with a Special Needs Child” that also has some good information.
Tags: American Preppers Radio, Prepper Broadcasting
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (66 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (19 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (18 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (18 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (18 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (16 chatters)
- Witch School (14 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (13 chatters)
- ZacheryVanNorman (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (10 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (10 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (8 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (7 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (7 chatters)
- Twin Radio (6 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (5 chatters)
- InThePaint (4 chatters)
- BeverlyD (4 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (3 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (3 chatters)
- The Element of Magick (3 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (3 chatters)
- Eye of the Seer (3 chatters)
- Kink E Magazine (3 chatters)
- Life Conversations (3 chatters)
- OPWR (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- New Colony Network (3 chatters)
- NCI Radio (2 chatters)
- Fanspeak Radio Network (2 chatters)
- G220 Radio (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- American Statesman (2 chatters)
- Ashes2Beauty (2 chatters)
- Ring Revolution Radio0 (2 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (2 chatters)
- The Seers Eye (2 chatters)
- wayneG (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Whisper nThunder (1 chatters)
- WorldOfInkNetwork (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (1 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (1 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)