SORT BY Relevancy
On the show today I ask Andy Nixon, lead pastor of The Woodland United Methodist Church - The Loft some listener questions about God and Faith in families with special needs kids.
It’s a great conversation and I know you’ll enjoy it! Join us now to hear how it went!
Parenting special needs kids can make it hard to maintain a positive outlook. I'll share 3 ways you can keep it positive!
We had so much information to share in last week's episode regarding our furry special needs friends, that we couldn't combine it all in one show! So join us this Saturday as we tackle this topic again, sharing information on appliances to assist your special needs pet and other resources available to pet parents. This Saturday, June 20th at 5pm Central on The Missy Show!
Who owns the IEP process? Hear some insight from a special needs mom who's also a special education teacher.
Parents don't always realize how much work goes into an IEP, or how challenging it is for the teachers who write them.
Teachers don't always appreciate how lost parents can feel through the whole process.
Kids rarely get the full spectrum of services that will make for the most enriching educational experience possible.
Parents have to be the final driving force in the education of their child, because the only thing that will follow a child from pre-k to graduation is that IEP file and parental guidance.
Be sure to check out the IEP Aide from Vestidd, which will guide you through the important information on that IEP, and will allow you to store all of that paperwork easily, so that you can be the driving force and let that IEP grow with your child.
Learn more at www.vestidd.com
We talk with Debbie Farson, Owner/Operator of HomeWise Referrals, a company that helps people find contractors to do home repairs and renovations. Given the high numbers of adults with disabilities living with parents, who also may be aging and needing home modifications, the need for contractors who can renovate homes for our population is critical. Learn how Ms. Farson helps meet this need. Also joining us will be Mark Friese, Vice President or Merrill Lynch Special Needs Planning Group to discuss the financial side of housing, and how to plan for good financial decisions for your loved ones with special needs.
Special Guest Rebekah White from Heal yourself Talk.com Her oldest son has Asperger syndrome and we will be talking to her about the behaviors and ways that she has found to cope with his issues. We also hope to cover how she can work from home while having children and especially a child with a disorder.
in Self Help
Join us as Rose-Anne Partridge shares about the importance and the how-tos of self-care for parents of children with special needs.
As a mother of a 15-year-old with special needs, Rose-Anne understood that she didn't have all the answers.
One of the biggest problems facing families who have children with special needs is self-care. Who is taking care of the caregiver? We tend to put all our energy and efforts into helping our children, and in the long run, we find ourselves exhausted and burned out.
Rose-Anne believes those answers need to come from the individual and from the families and our communities. And she believes that as families who have children with special needs, we need to come together to help each other reach those goals and create those innovative ideas.
Let’s come together and continue to have HOPE!
About The Hosts:
Rachel Haviland, Ph.D. blends 19 years in scientific research with cutting-edge marketing techniques to bring a unique perspective to medical marketing. An experienced writer, trainer and speaker with an entrepreneurial mindset, she combines innovative marketing solutions with extensive healthcare knowledge to create campaigns that produce results.
Genevieve Kohn shows women how to reclaim their health through healthy diet, gentle exercise and energy healing so they can have a life they love! She is a best-selling author, health coach, and energy healer. She lives in suburban Boston with her husband and two young sons. Go to bit.ly/wellsource4me and sign up to receive your free gift!
We all have challenges! But when it is a challenge that involves your child; especially a child with special needs, it takes a special kind of person and a special kind love to be the kind of caregiver to best serve your child needs. Whether you have a child that was born with a disability or the disability occurred from some sort accident, its about knowing what to do and having the right resources available is what makes it a lot easier to give your child exactly what he/she needs as well as knowing how to care for yourself in the midst of everything. Well, today's show is about being a caregiver for your child with special needs and our guest Donna Anders, Special Needs Parent Advocate and Consultant knows first hand what it takes to be on the front lines for making sure that you and your child are heard and taken care of.
Donna Anders is a wife and mother of 3 boys (one with autism). Understanding the challenges families face firsthand, Donna has a breadth of advocacy experience. She has testified before the North Carolina State Legislature on behalf of autism insurance reform, met with lawmakers on Capitol Hill regarding the unique challenges and needs of military families with developmental disabilities, advocated for safety of students against the misuse of restraints in schools, attended numerous IEP meetings, and helped families navigate the complexities of the healthcare system. Through these experiences, Donna has gained the respect and appreciation of families she has served and senior military leadership for her family advocacy efforts. Currently Donna works as a consultant for a nationwide Applied Behavioral Analysis company as well as assisting parents nationwide as a parent advocate.
Contact Donna at Donnaanders44@gmail.com.
LOG ON TO BLOGTALKRADIO.COM & TYPE "UNIQUELY DESIGNED TALK" THEN CLICK THE LINK TO TUNE IN "LIVE"!!! Time of show: EST 9A.M./PST 6A.M./CST 7 A.M./MST 8 A.M.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (103 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (46 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (26 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT RADIO (26 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (25 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (22 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (21 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (17 chatters)
- Russ Dizdar (16 chatters)
- thelordshour (15 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (15 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- GeoengineeringWatch News Hour (12 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (11 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (11 chatters)
- Papa Lou (9 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (8 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (8 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (8 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (7 chatters)
- Witch School (7 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- OPWR (6 chatters)
- Fins Radio (5 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (5 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (5 chatters)
- SURN Host (5 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (4 chatters)
- RoxieZw (4 chatters)
- the LMC Radio Network (4 chatters)
- The 110 Nation Sports SHow (4 chatters)
- The Advise Show (4 chatters)
- All Fans Sports Radio (4 chatters)
- American Statesman (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- E3 Radio (3 chatters)
- Underground Unsigned Unknown (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- RLS Network (2 chatters)
- Rainbow Warrior GodDess (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (2 chatters)
- Curious Times (2 chatters)
- entertainment-music-promotion- (2 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- NCI Family Radio (1 chatters)
- Life Conversations (1 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (1 chatters)
- Michigan United Broadcast (1 chatters)
- Bikers of America (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- Brower Report (1 chatters)
- Coffee Party USA (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Angel Heart Radio (1 chatters)
- Enterpraisement Media Group (1 chatters)
- Euphoric Network Media (1 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Soul Empowerment Radio (1 chatters)
- SandyRodgers (1 chatters)
- Shay Renae and Friends (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (1 chatters)
- ROADTOSTARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- The Freedom For All Network (1 chatters)
- Talk2Q (1 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (1 chatters)