SORT BY Relevancy
SOULFOOD SUNDAYS WITH SA PASSE IS THE NEXT BIG CRAZE OF BLOGTALKRADIO
WITH HOST SA PASSE
URBAN HIP HOP
NEO SOUL ARTIST -- BRAELON LENIEAR
AUTHOR- TONY COLON
POET- DANAYA AZURE
WITH SMOOTH R&B AND LIGHT JAZZ
SOULFOOD RECIPES FOR HEALTHY EATING
ANNOUNCEMENTS !!! UPDATES !!!! COME GET YOUR WEEK STARTED RIGHT WITH SA PASSE AND SOULFOOD SUNDAYS
9PM EST/8 CST
in Pop Culture
According to some sources, the term may have first been used in 1962 by civil rights activist and poet Amiri Baraka. 1962 was the same year that Sylvia Woods opened her now-famous Harlem restaurant Sylvia’s; today, Sylvia is known by many as “the Queen of Soul Food.” Soul food restaurants and cookbooks continued to be popular through the ’70s.
Soul food is basic, down-home cooking with its roots in the rural South. The principle staples of soul food cooking are beans, greens, cornmeal (used in cornbread, hush puppies, johnnycakes, and as a coating for fried fish), and pork. Pork has an almost limitless number of uses in soul food. Many parts of the pig are used, like pigs’ feet, ham hocks, pig ears, hog jowl, and chitlins. Pork fat is used for frying and as an ingredient in slowly-cooked greens. Sweet, cold drinks are always a favorite.
“Soul” or “Southern?”
To a lot of people, all that just sounds like a description of Southern food. The distinctions between soul and Southern are hard to make. In his 1969 Soul Food Cookbook, Bob Jeffries summed it up thusly: “While all soul food is southern food, not all southern food is ‘soul.’ Soul food cooking is an example of how really good southern Negro cooks cooked with what they had available to them.”
Soul food has its roots in slavery, when African Americans had to make do with whatever food was available to them. For the next hundred years after the abolition of slavery, most African Americans lived in poverty, so recipes continued to make use of cheaper ingredients. Of course, this isn’t entirely a black/white issue.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Fri. Oct., 2nd, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. We’ll discuss “Part 2: Solutions to Problems Facing The African American Community”. CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com and click on “Radio Shows” at the top of the page for the podcasts. We’ll be broadcasting also on Periscope at @MichaelImhotep for part of the show.
1) “Part 2: Solutions to Problems Facing The African American Community”. We dealt with Part 1 on last night’s show. 2) Jamaica wants reparations from Britian. Prime Minister David Cameron to get over it. 3) A sequel to the movie “Soulfood” is in the works. 4) A Tulsa Sheriff involved in the case of the shooting death of Eric Harris has resigned. 5) An African American student who has been Home schooled will graduate from College with a Triple Major. 6) This date in African American History – James Meredith
Join HMi Radio as we premiere our Soul Roots Sundays on blogtalk radio. Starting this Sunday, you can join us once a month on every fourth Sunday for a soul root session. We promise to bring you the best in Reggae tunes on the net. Specializing in giving you a mixture of classic and Indie artists. Sit back and take a load off this Sunday and let our Soul Roots Reggae Session take you to a place of peace! To find out more about the times, DJ's and artists, please check www.hmiradio.info.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Thurs. Oct., 1st, 10pm-12midnight EST (7pm – 9pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. “Solutions for Problems Facing African Americans”!!! CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) We’ll lay out some Solutions that we can implement right now in our communites as a follow up to our last 2 shows. 2) Another Mass Shooting has taken place. When will it stop? 3) Jamaica wants reparations from Britian. 4) A sequel to the movie “Soulfood” is in the works. 5) A Tulsa Sheriff involved in the case of the shooting death of Eric Harris has resigned. 6) A African American student who has been Home schooled will graduate from College with a Triple Major. 6) This date in African American History – James Meredith
A show dedicated to "True Life Experiences." The Life & Motivation of Giving-A-Hand, Executive Director Delores Bunch-Keemer, and Marlanna J (MJ), Management Services at Atlanta Black History Tours!
Delores, shares her "love data and numbers. I like to paint a picture of the population using demographics and statistics. I began my love for statistics as a Registered Representative on Wall Street where I had the opportunity to work with one of the best analysts and teachers, Sam Hale. I built a 14 year career holding different positions trading and making a market in investments and securities. Since the death of my mother, Cleopatra Jones, I have been committed to continue her work in at-risk communities. Delores specialities include management, logistics, procurement, and volunteer management."
MJ will share with us how Atlanta Black History Tours, are bringing to light many of Atlanta's hidden treasures!" Atlanta is known for being the birth place of Martin Luther King, Jr. as well as for it’s rich African-American culture and history. Travel back in time from the time when Atlanta was a racially polarized city despite it’s population being nearly 50% black. Experience historic places and museums to soul food restaurants." Create your customized tour today! Many times we have family and friends that visit Atlanta and the only place we know to take them is along Auburn Avenue.
MINGXMEDIAGROUPBTR - We are Motivating & Inspiring the Next Generation - X, through "True Life Experiences."
Live on BlogTalk Radio - 24/7
Cloverleaf Radio's hosts The Host with the Most Jimmy Falcon and Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling's Gremlina welcome Actor Brandon Hammond, Best known for his work on such TV shows and Movies as "Space Jam" "Mars Attacks!" "The West Wing" "Soulfood" "The Gregory Hines Show" "Waiting to Exhale" "Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman" and SO much more! JOIN US!
Join Host Live Chats
- High Frequency Radio Network (10 chatters)
- churchfolk (6 chatters)
- Bumming With Bobcat (5 chatters)
- Karen Cressman (5 chatters)
- Mind Right Radio (5 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- MPowered4Life Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Hoshaiah Israel (2 chatters)
- Gay Soul Talk (2 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (1 chatters)
- leaveyourfatbehind (1 chatters)
- Negdog Radio (1 chatters)
- Purposed 4 Godliness (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- MKSPCG (1 chatters)