SORT BY Relevancy
Reba Riley is the debut author of Post-Traumatic Church Syndrome: A Memoir of Humor & Healing In 30 Religions, the founder of the Post-Traumatic Church Syndrome community online, and a blogger at Patheos.com
Reba grew up in a fundamentalist Christian home where the wallpaper & dinner napkins featured Bible verses, & the Smurfs were considered demonic. She told her kindergarten class the letters of Santa's name could be arranged to "Satan." Reba’s 10,000 hours of education included evangelical schools, Christian college followed by a stint at the Focus of the Family Institute with Dr. James Dobson, and an intensive ministry training program at a megachurch in Colorado Springs—a program that swiftly kicked her out when she shared her religious doubts with the leadership. Reba lost everything - including herself. Enter Post-Traumatic Church Syndrome.
Reba got sick. Really sick. With a near-debilitating chronic mystery illness doctors couldn’t diagnose or treat. At 29, the illness made her vulnerable enough that she finally had to face the fact she’d avoided for the better part of a decade: her spirit was sicker than her body. Reba decided to undertake a spiritual recovery program: she would visit thirty religions before her thirtieth birthday—not to find a religion, but to find peace.
Through her adventures, Reba realized she didn’t have to choose religion to choose God…or good. She discovered sometimes we have to get lost to get found. Two years after completing her thirty religions project and eighteen months after recovering from her illness, Reba is here to share dispatches from her journey of healing.
David Rennie was raised in Clarence, New York, a suburb of Buffalo and graduated from Syracuse University in 1984 with a BA in Film/Telecommunications. He persuaded his editor, Bruce Green, to hire him as a first assistant on his next collaboration, While You Were Sleeping. He then went on to work with Bruce for a few years and was ultimately bumped up to third editor on Home Alone 3. He then went back to an assistant for the ending of Titanic. He was lucky enough to be hired afterward as the editor of Office Space for director Mike Judge and never assisted again. He reconnected with Mike Judge on Idiocracy and edited Tenacious D: In The Pick of Destiny for director Liam Lynch and with Jon Turteltaub for National Treasure 2: The Book of Secrets, which he co-edited with William Goldenberg who had cut the original movie for Jon. He then landed Race to Witch Mountain for director Andy Fickman and then again with Andy on the light comedy You Again. After that he went back to the big adventure genre on Journey 2: The Mysterious Island for director Brad Peyton, Smurfs 2 directed by Raja Goznell to help out his friend Sabrina Plisco during the director’s cut until he went onto Last Vegas for Jon Turteltaub and most recently cut 22 Jump Street for directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord. You can email your questions to email@example.com or follow us on Twitter @123Film
If you were a child growing up in America in the 1980s, there is a good chance you spent some of your idle time watching the Smurfs on television. And if you were a parent or grandparent in that era, you may have been thankful that the adorable little characters occupied the kids for a while so you could take care of other duties or just relax.
But was there a hidden agenda behind the Smurfs? Were the kids actually being brainwashed while the adults were sipping coffee, doing the laundry or washing the car?
We'll ask that question of a person with intimate knowledge of what the Smurfs were really all about. Rena Winters is the author of Smurfs: The Inside Story Of The Little Blue Characters. She was a key executive at the company that created the Smurfs for TV and movies.
Rena will tell us whether the Smurfs were providing innocent entertainment, or teaching America's children the benefits of communism.
The Picktainment crew reviews Crazy Stupid Love, Cowboys and Aliens, The Smurfs, and The Guard.
Vincent Pettway 6-7pm EST
Pettway was a Class of 2006 Inductee into the Maryland Boxing Hall of Fame.
Known as "The Ambassador", Pettway turned pro in 1984, and won the USBA light middleweight title in 1992 with a points win over Gilbert Baptist. He challenged Gianfranco Rosi for the IBF light middleweight Title in 1994 in a bout that was ruled a sixth round technical draw. Later that year, Pettway got a second shot at Rosi and won via a fourth round KO.
This Tuesday Night from 7-8 pm on Krusher's Klassic MatMemories my guest will be former pro-wrestler Hal Lee of the famous tag team known as The Smurfs , his gimmicks and his days in the ring and his latest venture Pro Wrestling CSI.
Tune in this Tuesday Night to Krusher's Klassic Mat Memories , tune in and ''GET KRUSHED ''!!!
Sure, the White House can withstand a Jay Leno or Jimmie Kimmel zinger now and then; but when you're absorbing multiple Jon Stewart howizter ridicule segments nightly, it really is the beginning of the end; plus Baghdad Jay's bad day, ObamaCare infomercials, healthcare.gov zombies, and it all adds up to one thing: a crisis....for the GOP to exploit.
This broadcast is dedicated to the one and only Jayma Mays, who we know as Emma Pillsbury on Glee. We love her and are going to miss her so much in Season 5, but are happy to see her talent shine on the new show, The Millers. She has along appeared in television shows such as Pushing Daisies, Heroes, and Ugly Betty. In film, we have seen her star in The Smurfs 1 and 2, Paul Blart: Mall Cop, and Epic Movie. Please call in or tweet us (@gleekspeakradio and @StarryMag) your favorite things about Jayma or Emma and we will be happy to share them ona ir and discuss!
Check out her credits on http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1724323/?ref_=sr_2
Photos courtesy of http://jayma-m.net
Join the fiyah on TNCw/TG's FRIDAY'S FURY:: Forum w/ CISCO STREETLOVE. Burning hot in the flames will be:: ~ YESTERDAY'S SHAME:: The Atlanta Child Murders ~ White Terrorism - Sick Whitey - Trick Whitey - Slick Whitey - Global Bullies ~ AYN RANDISM - What Is Whitey Plotting? ~ GOVERNMENT Shutdown Week 2 ~ Black Women & Dating White Men: THE TRIPLE STANDARD ~ CREEPY CRAKKKA CINEMA ~ Friday Night w/ The Movies - The Smurfs 2 & Wreck-It-Ralph ~ National Headlines - EBTs Down In Several States - Kendrick Johnson CHECK OUT CISCO'S BOOK @:: http://www.amazon.com/Yesterdays-Shame-Atlanta-Murders-ebook/dp/B00851LB7W "LIKE" CISCO'S FB PAGE:: https://www.facebook.com/yesterdays.shame Disclaimer:: This show shares ADULT content and is rated MATURE.
Join the fiyah on TNCw/TG's FRIDAY'S FURY:: Forum w/ CISCO STREETLOVE. Burning hot in the flames will be:: ~ YESTERDAY'S SHAME:: The Atlanta Child Murders ~ White Terrorism - Sick Whitey - Trick Whitey - Slick Whitey - Global Bullies ~ AYN RANDISM - What Is Whitey Plotting? ~ GOVERNMENT Shutdown ~ ObamaCare ~ CREEPY CRAKKKA CINEMA ~ Friday Night w/ The Movies - World War Z - The Smurfs 2 & Wreck-It-Ralph ~ National Headlines CHECK OUT CISCO'S BOOK @:: http://www.amazon.com/Yesterdays-Shame-Atlanta-Murders-ebook/dp/B00851LB7W "LIKE" CISCO'S FB PAGE:: https://www.facebook.com/yesterdays.shame Disclaimer:: This show shares ADULT content and is rated MATURE.
After spending 20 hours a day for more than a month working on their new feature film The Lady Killers (which needs YOUR help!), Dean Haglund and Phil Leirness are back to co-hosting the type of show long-time listeners have come to expect … Namely, a free-wheeling, often insightful, occasionally inspirational and frequently irreverent discussion about anything going on in the world that has their attention and how that topic is depicted in the media …
This week’s topics include the fate of the Chillpak, the casting of Ben Affleck as Batman, the casting of James Spader in “Avengers 2″, the casting of Peter Capaldi as Dr. Who, the civil war in Syria, the disastrous summer of 2013 for movies, crowd-sourcing and much, much more …
Here’s a thought: Don’t just enjoy YOUR Chillpak Hollywood Hour – Share it with friends!
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (57 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (36 chatters)
- NTEB (34 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (31 chatters)
- Curious Times (31 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (27 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (27 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (24 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (19 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (18 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (16 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (16 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (13 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (13 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (11 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (10 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (10 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (9 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (8 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (8 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (8 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- Love Productions (6 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (6 chatters)
- RHeart (6 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (6 chatters)
- William Telltale (6 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (5 chatters)
- Larry Csonka (5 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- Pro MMA Now Radio (5 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (4 chatters)
- The View from Montana (4 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (4 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- drinkfive (3 chatters)
- Carl Richards Show (3 chatters)
- Aquarian Radio (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (3 chatters)
- patriots united (2 chatters)
- NDB Media (2 chatters)
- The Hot Corner (2 chatters)
- Relationship Realities with Lady K (2 chatters)
- AACONS (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (2 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (2 chatters)
- DocVaj2 (2 chatters)
- womenradio (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (1 chatters)
- Winning America Back (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (1 chatters)
- Wellness Universe (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries Friends (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (1 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (1 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (1 chatters)
- Hall Issachar Ministries (1 chatters)
- Injustice System (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (1 chatters)
- Crawdad (1 chatters)
- Soul Solution (1 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (1 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (1 chatters)
- My Rays of Light Radio (1 chatters)
- Lavinia Masters (1 chatters)