SORT BY Relevancy
Join Kori in discussion with SME, Larry Miller. With 40 years experience in broadcast journalism, communication, and public relations for a fortune 500 company, non-profits and government agencies, he's ready to teach you what he knows about TV, radio, and print interviewing. Over the course of two sessions, you'll learn:
* What to expect from an interviewer
* How to ensure that your responses don't get edited out
* How TV, radio, and print interviews differ
* How to dress for a TV interview
* How to handle a hostile interviewer
And, a whole lot more!
Dual diagnosed* from an early age, Matthew Peters dropped out of high school at sixteen. He went on to obtain an A.A., a B.A. from Vassar College, and an M.A. and Ph.D. from Duke University. He has taught various courses in a variety of disciplines throughout North Carolina. He is committed to increasing the awareness and understanding of the dual diagnosed. Conversations Among Ruins (All Things That Matter Press, 2014) is his first novel. His second novel, The Brothers’ Keepers (MuseItUp Publishing, 2014), is a political-religious thriller that capitalizes on his love for history and research. Currently, he is working on a sequel to The Brothers’ Keepers.
*The term dual diagnosed refers to someone suffering from a mood disorder (e.g., depression) and chemical dependency.
Amrei Botha, Head of SME Banking at Standard Bank, says that 90% of small businesses in Africa are informal. This sector has unique challenges from their formal counterparts, which Standard Bank has taken on as an opportunity.
Join us as we discuss with Amrei Botha key insights Standard Bank has learned serving this sector and how the Bank is developing an untapped market successfully.
Eva Angvert Harren specializes in a body centered approach to recovery and complete wellness. She offers the BEAM LiFE Process, as a transformational, effective, and personalized formula to empower the lives of women who want a way to heal from the core.
Eva assists you to find relief from anger, anxiety, stress, and habitual patterns that hold you back from who you want to be. After releasing tension and pain in your body you start to feel the internal peace and aliveness available. Without having to re-live your story you learn skills in understanding and managing feelings, sensations, and emotions. You learn how to reclaim your power, restore your peace, and recover yourself.
Do you feel like you're treading water or about to go under in your job seeking process? Are you wishing there's a life line to keep you afloat until you land that next big gig? Often finding a new job takes longer and is more stressful than we want or are prepared for. The Good News is that there's a JOB SEARCH SURVIVAL KIT by Human Resource expert Jeff Percival that can equip and sustain you through the employment seeking process.
In addition to his latest book, Job Search Survival Kit, Jeff is also the author of Your Combination for Success, and Work Makes Me Sick. Jeff Percival brings his 25+ years experience in Human Resources to our show on Tamara Leigh's Trend On. Jeff is a returning Trend On guest, Founder & President of Percival Enterprises (Employee Assessments), and is a SME-Certified Sales Executive.
Tamara Leighs TREND ON airs LIVE every Wednesday at 10amCT - Tamara Leigh's TREND ON - Engaging Your Audience to TREND ON You! Tamara Leigh, LLC is a Communications company at tamaraleighllc.com Follow us on twitter @tamaraleighllc.co
Join Kori and her guest, subject matter expert, Larry Miller, in a lively conversation about the art of interviewing. Get your questions answered by someone with 40 years of broadcast journalism, communication, and public relations experience.
Can you write a press release? Ask Larry how!
How do you handle a hostile interviewer?
How does an introvert really do this?
Todays guest is Mr. Kevin G. Campbell, Talent Management Consultant- Strengths-Based Selection Analyst at Gallup. Kevin by all accounts is an experienced Human Capital Consultant with an MA in I/O Psych (expected 2015) and three years of Organizational Development, Talent Management, and Talent Acquisition experience in the High Tech and Healthcare Sectors. Experienced in solving hiring, recruiting, and retention problems for top-tier engineering-driven organizations and SME's. Trained in the assessment of candidate personalities and aptitudes. Expert at staff recruitment and employee engagement. Currently President, Graduate Student Council at Claremont Graduate University. Connect with Kevin on Twitter: @kevingcampbell
Sunday, February 1, 2015, at 7:00PM EST the big subject is: Menopause! Yes, you read it rght. You know, when you are in an important meeting andyour ears start getting hot and all of a sudden "Hot Flash". What do you do? If you don't know about it and I know you do. Join It's Our Time with PAB and our SME Dr. Achufusi practicing since 1996. Call in with your question or just listen live at www.blogtalkradio/thesecondhalf or 347.539.5867. Its going to be a good one!!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (420 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (82 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (50 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (30 chatters)
- Curious Times (27 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (25 chatters)
- Ms Blue (17 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (14 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (14 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (14 chatters)
- Witch School (12 chatters)
- Truth Emerges (12 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (10 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (10 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (9 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (9 chatters)
- thelordshour (9 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (5 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (5 chatters)
- Fellowship of Deliverance (5 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (4 chatters)
- The Plus Effect of BPC (3 chatters)
- Cross Talk Radio Ministries (3 chatters)
- Islamic House of Israel (3 chatters)
- The Keno Trice Show (2 chatters)
- Path Of Life (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (2 chatters)
- Amy Peikoff (2 chatters)
- CenterStage (2 chatters)
- BennetPomerantz0 (2 chatters)
- Blog Talk USA (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- T J Sotomayor (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- Reach Out America (1 chatters)
- Rebelution Radio (1 chatters)
- THEE ALMIGHTY ALLSUNDARA (1 chatters)
- TheNancyLockhartShow (0 chatters)
- The Michale Graves Show0 (0 chatters)
- Sportsology (0 chatters)