SORT BY Relevancy
Due to Pastor Brian's online conversations, this show has been tweaked. In the first half of the show, Pastor Brian discusses why a secularist should become skeptical of their hyper-skepticism. Also, Pastor Brian will demonstrate where such hyper-skepticism leads. The problems of hyper-cessasionalism will be discussed in a future show. In the second half of the show, radio personality Shane LaCroix will discuss the relaunch of his show Team Liberty Radio which can be found right here on blogtalkradio.com. His show is scheduled to relaunch on Thursday, September 18th, 2014 at 6pm. Mr. LaCroix will discuss the topics that will be covered on his show and what the listener can expect. Call in at (323) 784-9617 with your questions and check out Pastor Brian's website which is now reaching over 161 nations at http://pastorbrianchilton.wordpress.com.
Traditionally, skepticism has covered topics such as science, alternative medicine and the paranormal. But, should skeptics limit themselves to such topics? Ben King, author of the Grime and Reason blog, thinks not, arguing that skepticism should be expanded to cover politics and economics. Ben will join your host Tom Williamson to discuss the scope of skepticism, including a discussion of a post that caused some heated debate between Steve Novella and PZ Myers! As always, listeners are invited to call in and join the debate.
ENVISION THIS: A world in which science and only science no longer provides all the answers to everything
Craig Weiler, author of TED, WIKIPEDIA, AND THE BATTLE FOR THE INTERNET, is a psychic and Parapsychology Journalist who blogs on the PSI controversy at The Weiler Psi. He documents the TED controversy over removing Rupert Sheldrake and other parapsychology researchers from the TEDx speakers list. TED is “A nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. .” Craig believes TED administrators caved in to pressure from organized, dogmatic skeptics, betraying their mission. He explains how “The Internet is changing how science is done by making the skeptical gatekeeping much more difficult. Information about consciousness research has spread far and wide and its supporters are growing ever more vocal. Among those supporters is a growing group of people who are persistent and engaged enough to do battle with the skeptical paradigm.” Craig advocates for an end to “scientism, the belief system in which science and only science has all the answers to everything.” He writes, “This regrettable condition acts to preclude their unbiased consideration of phenomena on the cutting edge of science.”
On this episode with Craig, Merry and Burl will explore how breaking free from this cultural meme of science as an “ism” (the ultimate arbiter of what may be thought and acted upon) can help humankind co-create a more inclusive, less materialistic future. Craig Weiler seeks to convince us that “skepticism is a form of bigotry,” the next bigotry that we must confront to evolve into a more open-minded, evidence based culture. We will suggest that Craig is, himself, acting as a skeptic to scientism.
Join us as we discuss skepticism and the Jamaican media.
Our featured guests will be Cliff Hughes (of Nation News Network), Kathy Barrett (former news editor of RJR) and Lloyd D'Aguilar (host of online radio show - Looking Back, Looking Forward)
This show is hosted by two of Jamaica's most outspoken secular humanists - Clive Forrester, linguist and professor at York University in Toronto, and Hilaire Sobers, human rights lawyer in Washington DC. We have spent copious amounts of time debating with and challening the notion that Christian privelege should proceed unchecked in Jamaica, and have successfully managed to rally a group of other secularists to collaborate on a publication (forthcoming 2013).
This radio show provides a medium in which skeptics can discuss matters of science, critical thinking, religious imposition, and the seperation of church and state all from a Jamaican perspective, but playing close attention to the interconnectedness on the global landscape.
Tune in as we tackle the big questions each and every Sunday at 12:30PM EST (1:30PM Jamaican time) - lively banter, music and trivia, probing questions... we are Yardie Skeptics.
There are too many false promises from too many doctors today when it comes to relief from your headaches, migraines and pain. Skepticism is very healthy. I'm a very skeptical person by nature. But, there comes a point when skepticism can turn into bias and prevent you from getting the solutions that you need and deserve! Don't you dare miss today's episode. - Dr. Scott
Please join Raina Saturday, July 21, 2012 for Reason, Science & Skepticism.
What is reason? Why is reason needed? What is science? Why is science important? What is skepticism? Why is skepticism healthy and needed? Please join us every other Saturday as we discuss these matters and more.
Please join us at Noon CST/1PM EST/10AM PST. The call-in number is 310-982-4273.
The Yardie Skeptics close off their series on "Changes and Transitions" this Sunday, July 27th at 12:30pm (11:30am Jamaica time) by turning the lens on YOU our loyal supporters. This Sunday we'll have a Listening to Our Listeners segment where we want you to call in and tell us about the kinds of changes and transitions happening with you and/or the kinds of changes and transitions you'd like to see for yourselves and your country. With all that's going on in the world these days, we sure could use some changes if not full scale upheavals.
Halfway through the show, we'll connect with psychology graduate and intern Christina Fenton who will engage with the Yardie Skeptics on the topic of mental health stigma and the methods we can use to gradually change attitudes on this matter.
To listen to this episode live, or catch the archived version afterwards, simply go to the link below. Join the live chatroom on the day of the interview to share your views and ask questions.
"The home of the the ackee of rationality and the saltfish of skepticism"
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (52 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (28 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (25 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (25 chatters)
- thelordshour (20 chatters)
- iCandiRadio (14 chatters)
- in5d (13 chatters)
- drkate (12 chatters)
- BerniceBennett (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (11 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (8 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (8 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (8 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (7 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (7 chatters)
- Curious Times (7 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (6 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (6 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (6 chatters)
- Raw Sex (5 chatters)
- reactionariez (5 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (5 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (5 chatters)
- The Seika Network (5 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (5 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (4 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (4 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (4 chatters)
- ReflectRadio (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (3 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (3 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (3 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- God In The Midst (2 chatters)
- Live with Shirley (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (2 chatters)
- Fire Weekly (2 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (2 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- Common Sense Psychic (2 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (2 chatters)
- Packers Talk Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Huddle 3 (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (2 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Marching Podcast (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (1 chatters)
- RotoRadio (1 chatters)
- Terrachat Net (1 chatters)
- The Program Returns (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (1 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (1 chatters)
- Bonnie Kaye (1 chatters)
- 16 Bit Assassins (1 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (1 chatters)
- Forecast Radio (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Dont Tread On Us (1 chatters)
- Justice Lab (1 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (1 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Iconici Radio MMA (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)