SORT BY Relevancy
In this episode, blogger Sacerdotus will speak on the topic "The Universe as a Simulation." Some philosophers and even some physicists believe this may in fact be true. Even Hollywood has touched on the hypothesis via blockbuster movies such as "The Matrix" where humanity is cognitively enslaved in a simulation of the universe.
Are we a "brain in a vat?"
Are we really here or projections on a machine?
Is what we call reality in fact a "Sims game" of sort?
Who made this simulation?
What powers this simulation?
Is this even possible?
Does this prove God exists?
Sacerdotus will touch on these questions and more in this program using philosophy of science paradigms and physics.
Castle Bones Radio (CBR)
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
9 PM ET/ 6 PM PT
Looking Back at Bones Season 2 discussing three episodes of #Bones from
#9” Aliens in a Spaceship”
When Hodgins and Brennan are buried alive, it's a race against time and a kidnapper who doesn't negotiate.
#11 “Judas on a Pole”
Booth and Bones investigate a murder that is connected to Bones' father. Meanwhile, after obtaining his doctorate, Zack gets a makeover to appear more professional.
#18 “The Killer in the Concrete “
Booth's investigation into a presumed dead hit man turns quite dangerous, and Brennan ends up turning to an unlikely source for help.
Castle Season 7 Episode #16 “The Wrong Stuff.” panel Discussion.
“The Wrong Stuff” – When an astronaut training for a trip to Mars is mysteriously killed inside a Mars simulation, Castle and Beckett don spacesuits to investigate. But when they discover no one inside the sealed simulation could have committed the murder and no one from the outside could get in
Ratings, news and spoilers.
Come chat with us and join in the fun.
Photos and audio clips used on this broadcast copyright ABC and FOX.
Welcome back guys! We have a great show lined up for you tonight. Below you will find a brief description of tonight's topics. In the 2nd hour we will open up the line for callers. We look forward to calls and comments.
Madden Ultimate Team- What it's all about in general and it's real life parallel.
Super Bowl 49's ending - How do you feel about Seattle's last play
Community and Dev interaction- Do some guys abuse the possible relationship with Devs.
Like always there may be other various topics that come up, but these will be our main discussion points. See you guys at 8pm est.
In the world of game theory, simulation, international relations, and foriegn relations, there are a class of events called "Black Swans." These are moments like the 9/11 attacks, the 2008 finaqncial collapse, and the attack on Pearl Harbor. Always a severe surprise and normally unplanned for, Black Swans are the kinds of events which changed the course of human history, and frequently destroy the best laid plans of nations and political leaders across the world. The first and probably greatest Black Swan of the 20th Century occurred in Sarajevo on June 28th, 1941 when a terrorist group ("The Black Hand") sponsored by the Serbian military intelligence service, assassinated the heir to the throne of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The murder of the Archduke was the "sparkplug" event which plunged the planet into its first industrial global war, destroyed most of the European family dynasties, killed millions of people, and laid the groundwork for worldwide conflicts that continue a century later. Sadly however, most of the world has forgotten the events of summer 1914 in Sarajevo, and usually to our mutual disaster.
To learn more about the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, and the long-term effects, join bestselling author, historian, journalist, and documentary filmmaker John D. Gresham (@greshamj01) for Military Monday (#MilitaryMonday on the Writestream Radio Network (@Writestream)) at 1 PM EST. His guest this week is renowned strategist, historian, and U.S. Naval Institute Press (@USNIBooks) author Dr. Harlan Ullman. Dr. Ullman's new book, A HANDFUL OF BULLETS is a detailed examination of the events in Sarajevo that day, along with a long-term look at the effects and legacy of the assassinations. Join us for what is sure to be a most intriguing hour, about how history truly affects us today.
The Death of Drawing: Architecture in the Age of Simulation by David Scheer. Published by Routledge, June 2014.
This is a significant book at the time of widespread uncertainty and confusion in architectural theory, education and practice - Juhani Pallasmaa, architect and author of The Eyes of the Skin
In this timely and important study, David Scheer offers a lucid analysis of a dramatic, unprecedented, epistemological shift in architecture and its production - Michael Sorkin, architecture critic, Distinguished Professor of Architecture and Director of the Graduate Program in Urban Design, City College of New York
David Scheer offers a clear and unvarnished assessment of what architects have to lose and gain as we move from representative to simulated experiences, from controlling to collaborative practices, and from Euclidean to parametric/algorithmic form-making - Thomas Fisher, author of Designing to Avoid Disaster, professor of architecture and the Dean of the College of Design, University of Minnesota.
More information at: deathofdrawing.com
Buy the book
Join Host Live Chats
- John Baptist (45 chatters)
- Blueshirt Underground (33 chatters)
- Straitway (29 chatters)
- Monster X Radio1 (20 chatters)
- AnaMRueda (19 chatters)
- Viviendo con los Angeles (19 chatters)
- Journey Into Light (14 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (11 chatters)
- Pine Ridge Warriors (11 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (11 chatters)
- RequestFreeProphecyXcom (10 chatters)
- Lets talkXGod is not Religious (9 chatters)
- Well Armed Radio (8 chatters)
- The Invisible College Radio (7 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (7 chatters)
- Mystical Awakenings Radio (5 chatters)
- Marlin Family Live (5 chatters)
- G Konsciousness Radio (5 chatters)
- thelordshour (5 chatters)
- Type1RadioAshram (5 chatters)
- When Christians Speak (4 chatters)
- Witch School (4 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (4 chatters)
- Gecko Nation Radio (4 chatters)
- Local Live Music (4 chatters)
- Judge Neil (3 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (3 chatters)
- Papa CE (3 chatters)
- Paranormal Frequencies (3 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio (3 chatters)
- Life Conversations (3 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (2 chatters)
- ParaTruth Radio (2 chatters)
- African On The Move (2 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (2 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (2 chatters)
- Bill Murray (2 chatters)
- LetsGoKings (2 chatters)
- Four Elements United (2 chatters)
- JADE Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Louis Teverini and Freddy Doll (2 chatters)
- onCUE Radio Show (2 chatters)
- OPWR (2 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (1 chatters)
- Darryl James (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- 2TheNcreaseofKnowledgeTruth (1 chatters)
- Awakened Nation (1 chatters)
- Dr Mara Karpel Your Golden Years (1 chatters)
- Dynamic Daphne (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- GRAYMAN (1 chatters)
- Hedgemastermb (1 chatters)
- Spirit Of A Dove Entrepreneurs (1 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (1 chatters)
- The George Wilder Jr Show (1 chatters)
- vortexnetworknews (1 chatters)