SORT BY Relevancy
Many cultural, religious, and ethnic groups practice shunning of those who do not conform to group norms. What does the Bible say about shunning for believing Christians? How does this apply to the plethora of Christian churches in America? When are doctrinal differences too big to maintain fellowship? When fellowship is broken what about societal cooperation? These are hard questions that have a big impact on our relationships and social trajectory. We will show the biblical New Testament standard and then talk about some of applications
Religious shunning bars association with people who have been labeled as apostates, whistleblowers, dissidents or anyone the religion perceives as a threat or source of conflict. Rob Robertson’s guest, Janette, has experienced shunning and will discuss this practice and the damage that it can do. After twenty years of involvement in Scientology, she and her husband concluded that the organization was a sham. They left … and were ostracized by the entire Clearwater, Florida Scientology Community. They lost their jobs, friends and even contact with some of their family members. ”It was a very public witch hunt against us,” Janette says. Since then, Janette and her husband met many people from various religious backgrounds, all with similar stories of shunning and corruption. Janette created a website called Truth Rundown to expose the abuses and corruption going on in not only Scientology, but in several religious organizations and cults such as the Jehovah’s Witnesses and Fundamentalist Latter Day Saints (FLDS). Please visit GodDiscussion.net for more information and links. ~~~ World Cult Watch, a weekly program that airs every Sunday night, is intended to not only offer news and information about cults, but to provide a forum where cult survivors — and those wanting to leave — have a chance to talk and receive emotional support. Rob runs the “World Cult Watch” website.
When is public shunning not discrimination? When the law says so. At least that is the opinion of the Arizona Legislature.
"After the Arizona Legislature gave approval on Thursday to allow business owners to assert their religious beliefs and refuse service to gays, Rocco's Little Chicago Pizzeria in Tucson put up this sign.
"The restaurant said, “Funny how just being decent is starting to seem radical these days.” See the full story athttp://bit.ly/1bsFS2d.
Kansas avoided passing a similar bill last week by tabling it in committee at he behest of business interests. Who is behind this new attempt to validate religious discrimination?
On Thursday's Lunch with Louden we will talk about The Ethics and Public Policy Center's American Religious Freedom Program, the local Religious Freedom Caucuses, and the funding behind this national initiative. (Hint: Citizens United strikes again.)
Quotes and image from ABC15 Arizona
Jeanene Louden and co-host Debilyn Molineaux talk about current events and look for opportunities to bridge political divides, expose corruption and share information not covered in mainstream media.
On today's show, we are going to be talking about CHURCH SHUNNING.
Have you ever confronted the pastor, or decided to launch your own business/ ministry or disagreed with the vision/ direction of your church? Have you ever been isolated because of it? Better yet, have you stopped attending your church consistently and been shunned because of it? Have you LEFT your IC, and your remaining friends have blacklisted you?
Saturday 6/28/14 12pm ET/11am CTRL/10am MTN/9am Pac Call in and listen at 1-347-934-0379 and make comments or ask questions!
Mike and Kim are 2nd generation former Jehovah's Witness. Mike served as a ministerial servant and regular pioneer. They are gong to share with us their exit story out from the Jehovah's Witnesses. They have a you tube channnel you can visit and watch their many videos at: https://www.youtube.com/user/kimmymbrooks/feed
Shunning is the 'ultimate rejection'
Used for centuries in religious circles, I believe women today use it as a means of bullying. It's as much psychological violence as a slap or a punch is physical violence.
It has to stop.
Today, I'll be talking about what it is, why we do it, what effects it has and why it has to stop and how we can be part of the solution.
Plaid for Women Radio is talk radio for women. We don't talk about 'typical' talk radio topics - we talk about the Business of Life.
Join us as we explore relationships, wor, communication, behavior, time management, sexuality and more.
This debate was postponed because William Albrecht had a death in the family so our prayers go out to him!
On this program i spoke a little about my Jehovah's Witness sister whom i had not spoken to for over ten years due to the shunning policy of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Never was able to get on my agenda and that was a good thing! We had callers calling in and some were former Jehovah's Witnesses and others were seeking advice on scriptural approaches to Jehovah's Witnesses. It was an action packed 2 hours of programming you will enjoy! Towards the end a small debate ensued between Joey McCabe an agnostic and myself who is a former JW himself and will be debating on our program later this month!
Edwin and Marsha Becker
Author, Edwin F. Becker, Re-entered the world of the paranormal after 42 years with his book True Haunting. The haunting was so active, it became the first ever televised Paranormal event. It also gave for the first time a glimpse of a real exorcism. This was very unusual for the year was 1970. Ed was a professional Musician in the 60's and met his wife Marsha traveling through Tulsa. They have been married nearly 47 years. He spent a career in the computer software industry, enjoys collecting and has owned a collectable store. Marsha makes unique custom Rosaries and has even sold 10 to the Vatican City. Marsha also has her own radio show Angel Wisdom Radio Network on Blog Talk Radio, Wednesdays 8pm EST. Their on season 2's Paranormal Witness, titled "The Tenants." It broke all PW's viewing records. True Haunting broke his publisher's e-book records and held #1 on Kindle in Parapsychology for nearly 2 years. It was the first ever in this genre to get over 300 reviews and over 200 5-stars. Although he has his own website www.EdwinBecker.com the book True Haunting has its own website www.TrueHaunting.com. After the haunting, shunning publicity yet maintained friendships with many gifted people, some which were nationally known. Ignorance is bliss is what he feels and his advice to those who want to get involved..."Don't".
It's July 4th 2013 and you know what that means...
That's Right it's time to discuss how Brenda Lee won her independence. Brenda was ousted from the Jehovah's Witness faith long ago, and when this happened she even lost her family, thanks to her mother using her ex-communication as an excuse to ban her from the household.
Since then she has written a powerful book which launched her in the public eye; "Out of the Cocoon: A Young Woman's Courageous Flight from the Grip of a Religeous Cult." After which she became one of several early-2000s ex-JWs who became very effective at casting the governing and publishing arm of the Witnesses-the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society-in a bad light.
Ms. Lee is a highly sought after expert in Mind-Control, and religious deprogramming. She has told her story on various talk shows and networks like WEtv.
This is host Chris Stevenson's 2nd 3600seconds interview with an ex-Jehovah's Witness. Please call or respond in the comment section by scrolling down near the bottom of this page.
Join hostess Brenda Golden and guest Majick Ravenhawk as they discuss what "Divide and Conquer" means and does in Indian Country. From the very beginning of colonizers invading this land, their strategy to divide and conquer the indigenous populations was effective. That strategy is a learned behavior that Indian Country has adopted subconsciously partially because of historical trauma and lateral violence. .
Historical trauma has a significant impact on the physical, emotional and spiritual well being of Native Americans. At the core of Native American psychology, historical trauma manifests itself in the social and personal issues prevalent in our communities including substance abuse, mental health problems, domestic violence, child abuse, depression, anger, and loneliness.
Our people have been oppressed for a very long time and, now some of our own people have become the oppressors. This is called lateral violence. The most common behaviors associated with lateral violence that prevent positive change from occurring include gossiping, bullying, finger pointing, backstabbing and shunning. These behaviors are becoming increasingly common on Facebook and Twitter. However, we do not want our own people and our supporters taking to these kinds of tactics to advance themselves within any movement. If someone (or someone’s) making you feel like you are being undermined or even feelings of sabotage of success or growth, then you may be a victim of lateral violence. The root cause of this is actually colonization. It is not our way to behave like that to one another. We do not make people feel isolated, alone and rejected.
Earlier this year, Lori Hodgson joined Colleen Sau Tez' panel of brave women dubbed “The X-Women” to share her disturbing story about Scientology on another God Discussion show. Lori has directly experienced the nightmare of what Scientology does to families. In the original broadcast, Lori shared the fact that her son, daughter, and ex-husband were still active members who decided to follow Scientology policy by “disconnecting” from her . Lori joined Scientology in 1976 when she was 13. Having virtually grown up in one of the world’s most secretive organizations, she eventually left her staff position and continued as a parishioner, known as a “public.”
Lori will join Rob Robinson in World Cult Watch with updates to her story. Declared a suppressive person (excommunicated) by the “church,” she is still shunned by her children. In the past three years, she has only been allowed to see her son twice, and her daughter once. Lori has been battling the “church” to reclaim her right to see her kids.
World Cult Watch, a weekly program that airs every Sunday night. Host Rob Robinson runs the “World Cult Watch” website, offering insight and a forumt for ex-cult members struggling with the guilt, grief, anger and other emotions associated with spiritual abuse. Please visit the Internet radio show sponsor, GodDiscussion.net, for a schedule
Join Host Live Chats
- Phoenix3333 (102 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (67 chatters)
- Rundgren Radio (43 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (34 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (32 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (25 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (21 chatters)
- SasquatchWatch Radio (16 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (12 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (12 chatters)
- Odwirafo (10 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (10 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (10 chatters)
- Pit Bulletin Legal News (9 chatters)
- Life Conversations (9 chatters)
- CE Radio (8 chatters)
- Inspire Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (7 chatters)
- Lets Talk Jets with Dennis Tyson (7 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (7 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (7 chatters)
- Random Brain Activity (6 chatters)
- Pastor Andrew Bills (6 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (6 chatters)
- Jamaican Language Culture York (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- SpeakingXOut (6 chatters)
- Twin Radio (6 chatters)
- wayneG (6 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (5 chatters)
- The Biblical Hebrew (5 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (5 chatters)
- Conservative Nation Radio (5 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (5 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (5 chatters)
- Real Talk Radio17 (5 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (5 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (4 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (4 chatters)
- G220 Radio (4 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (4 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (4 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- TheInfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (3 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (3 chatters)
- EncouragingMomentsWithKeva (3 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (3 chatters)
- InThePaint (3 chatters)
- Brighter Business Empower (3 chatters)
- RotoRadio (3 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (3 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (3 chatters)
- FuRbAbY AnD FrIeNdS (2 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- MUTHA WIT WISDOM (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Inner Child Radio (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- Woman2WomanTalkingToMen (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- Tinabrandon (2 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (2 chatters)
- The Real Time Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (2 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- The Candy Coated Network (2 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- The Fourth Turn (1 chatters)
- The NTuned Show (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- Enough Iz Enough (1 chatters)
- DONNELL BALLARD MORNING SHOW (1 chatters)
- Feuersteins Fire (1 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (1 chatters)
- 3 Degrees Talk Show (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Common Ground Media Group OK (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- SIXEYES RADIO (1 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (1 chatters)
- Sales Coaching Chalk Talk (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Rapture Ready Radio (1 chatters)
- Marjorie Cole (1 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (1 chatters)
- patriots united (1 chatters)