SORT BY Relevancy
Tuesday, April 7, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "PBC" edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
The elite level trainer will preview this weekend's big fight card from Brooklyn, New York, which is slated to be televised on NBC this Saturday night!!
- Danny Garcia vs. Lamont Peterson...12 round special attraction
- Andy Lee vs. Peter Quillin for the WBO Middleweight title
Coach Ronnie will answer many questions swirling around Al Haymon's "Premier Boxing Champions" series
- Why did the influential adviser form the "PBC"?
- What is Al Haymon's "end game"?
- How long can "PBC" sustain this kind of activity?
- What are the benefits of the controversial boxing series versus more traditional business models?
The Houston, Texas based fight coach will also share his thoughts on this past Saturday's fight card on CBS.
- Stevenson UD12 over Bika
- Beterbiev KO4 over Campillo
Tune in for an all new edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields", exclusively on FightSaga Radio!!
In the "Michael Cuddyer: Mindfreak" edition, Jeffrey and Greg discuss the films of Werner Herzog, Jeffrey and David Roth discuss the films of Ron Howard, and then Jeffrey and Greg discuss the merits of the TV show, "Sliders." This has been the worst offseason ever, you guys. There is also kvetching about James Shields, an in-depth analysis of the playoff odds of our two favorite second-division sports teams, and a lot of discussion about the 2003 Mets.
Tonight at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio Network proudly presents, "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
Join the prolific fight trainer as he examines the world of boxing and analyzes all of the upcoming events on the fight calendar.
Find out why Ronnie Shields is considered to be one of the sport's last true archtiects, and why so many talented prizefighters have chosen the Houston, Texas based mentor to help cultivate their respective fight careers.
Tune in this evening to "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields", only on the FightSaga Radio Network!!
Tuesday, April 28, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a "Mayweather vs. Pacquiao" edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
The elite level fight trainer, who prepared Mike Tyson for his mega-bout with Lennox Lewis over a decade ago, will discuss the atmosphere of the big event and what both camps are currently going through in the days leading into the scheduled super fight!!
- Does any fighter have the perceived edge leading into May 2?
- How demanding is "Big Fight Week" on both camps?
Coach Ronnie will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of Mayweather and Pacquiao in this historic match-up!!
- Will Floyd Mayweather's hands be a crucial factor during the scheduled twelve round contest?
- Who has the most pressure leading into Saturday night's main event?
- What does Manny have to do to hand Floyd Mayweather his first professional loss?
- What must Floyd do to keep his perfect record intact?
- Will fight fans see a KO on May 2?
- Will there be an eventual rematch in September?
In the final thirty minutes of the 90 minute show, Mr. Shields will review this past weekend's action from Chicago, Illinois and New York City, New York!!
- Why was Badou Jack so successful against Anthony Dirrell on Friday night?
- Does Danny Jacobs have what it takes to become the universally recognized 160 pound champion?
- Was the referee in charge too critical on Wladimir Klitschko this past Saturday night?
- What's next for Bryant Jennings?
Tune in for another special edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields", exclusively on FightSaga Radio!
Join us every Tuesday as we visit with one of more prolific trainers in all of boxing…the incomparable Mr. Ronnie Shields!!
The resume of this American boxing treasure speaks volumes of his overall knowledge and experience of the fight game. Discover why boxing legends like Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson, Pernell Whitaker, Arturo Gatti, Vernon Forrest, and Jesse James Leija sought out the guidance and wisdom of the Houston, Texas based fight coach.
The legendary fight trainer will offer his candid view on all topics in the world of boxing…past, present and future.
Coach Ronnie will also keep listeners up to date on the status of his current stable of talented champions and young stars of the sport like WBA Junior Middleweight Champion Erislandy Lara, WBO Junior Middleweight title challenger Jermell Charlo, future 154 pound World Champion Jermall Charlo, and former WBC Super Middleweight title challenger Edwin Rodriguez.
Don’t miss the opportunity to spend an evening with one of boxing’s last true architects, Mr. Ronnie Shields!
Tune in to "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields", every Tuesday at 9:00 P.M. ET/6:00 P.M. PT!
Wednesday, April 22, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "Boxing Legends Double Header", featuring Hall of Fame matchmaker and promoter Don "War a Week" Chargin and elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!!
Kicking off tonight's 90 minute program, the six decade boxing legend will talk about the ongoing promotion of "Mayweather vs. Pacquiao", which is slated to go down live on Saturday, May 2nd!!
- Why the delay in ticket distribution and sale?
- What's the Hall of Fame promoter's assessment of Mayweather Promotions' performance up to this point?
- Why didn't TMT want to work in a collaborative effort with Top Rank, Inc, and what are the potential pitfalls?
In the second portion of Don's segment, "War a Week" Chargin will discuss the future of Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. and PBC's handling of his career.
- Can JCC Jr. bounce back from quitting on his stool?
- Will the passionate Mexican fight fans ever support the 29 year old fighter ever again?
"The Don" of boxing will also talk about yesterday's conference call with Canelo and Kirkland!!
At the 30 minute mark, FightSaga Radio will be joined by elite level trainer Ronnie Shields!!
- PBC on Spike TV from the UIC Pavilion in Chicago, Illinois
- Anthony Dirrell vs. Badou Jack for the WBC 168 pound title
- Danny Jacobs vs Caleb Truax for the WBA "Regular" Middleweight title
Coach Shields will also share his thoughts on this past weekends action on HBO and Showtime, and will also give us his prediction on this Saturday night's big Heavyweight fight between Klitschko and Jennings!!
Join us this evening for a special "Double Header" of Boxing Legends and Real Boxing on FightSaga Radio!!
Damien Shields is a Michael Jackson historian, investigative journalist, and author of the popular Michael Jackson news website damienshields.com. He has been providing news and information on Jackson’s career and legacy for eight years, publishing exclusive stories on countless projects – most notably the Thriller 25 album, This Is It tour, and posthumous Michael, Bad 25, and Xscape releases. His newly self-published book, Xscape Origins: The Songs & Stories Michael Jackson Left Behind -- which features exclusive new interviews with many of Jackson's longtime collaborators -- takes readers inside the studio, providing a fly-on-the-wall insight into the King of Pop's creative process while dissecting the anatomy of his craftsmanship.
Tonight at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "Al Haymon Invasion" episode of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
The elite level trainer will discuss the most recent additions to the 2015 boxing calendar.
- Jhonny Gonzalez vs. Gary Russell Jr., Saturday March 28th, Showtime
- Jermell Charlo vs. Vanes Martirosyan, Saturday March 28th, Showtime
- Adonis Stevenson vs. Sakio Bika, Saturday April 4th, CBS
- Artur Beterbiev vs. Gabriel Campillo, Saturday April 4th, CBS
- Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs. Andrzej Fonfara, Saturday April 18th, Showtime
- Anthony Dirrell vs. Badou Jack, Friday April 24th, Detroit, Michigan, TBA
- Omar Figueroa vs. Ricky Burns, Saturday May 9th, CBS
The Houston, Texas based fight coach will also bring us up to speed on the other stars currently training at the Plex Gym!!
- Would Demetrius Andrade be willing to step in the ring with Erislandy Lara in a unification bout?
- K9 Bundrage vs. Jermall Charlo?
- Edwin Rodriguez vs. ???
- Could Artur Spilka be next for Deontay Wilder in June?
Coach Ronnie will also chime in on Premier Boxing Champions moving over the ESPN.
- Will Haymon keep Teddy Atlas and Joe Tessitore on the broadcast?
- Should fight fans expect more premium style match-ups on the network?
Tune in for another Tuesday night edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
Tonight, Tuesday, April 14, at 9PM ET/6PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a special "Mayweather/Pacquiao/Khan/Cotto" edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
The elite level trainer will discuss all of the latest topics in the sport of boxing!
- Mayweather media work-out
- Sergey Kovalev and Main Events withdraws from Stevenson purse bid
- IBF Lightweight title holder Mickey Bey Jr. turns down $200K purse to make $50K in first defense
- Manny Pacquiao music video is released
- Amir Khan vs. Chris Algieri for May 29th on Spike TV?
- Miguel Cotto vs. Daniel Geale official for June 6th on HBO
Coach Ronnie will also make his predictions for this weekend's match-ups on HBO and Showtime
- Matthysse vs. Provodnikov on HBO
- Crawford vs. Dulorme on HBO
- Chavez Jr. vs. Fonfara on Showtime
The Houston, Texas based fight trainer will also give us an update on all of his fighters at the Plex Gym!!
Tune in to another special edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
When Eli Roebuck was a little boy, his mother left the family with a large, hairy creature that Eli would come to think of as a Sasquatch. Author Sharma Shields joins host Linda Rez of Minstrel and Muse to discuss her incredible debut novel, The Sasquatch Hunter's Almanac, Eli's quest to find and destroy the mythical Sasquatch, Mr. Krantz. As the reviewer for The Stranger commented, "It's a hell of a book", the television rights have been secured and it's one of Entertainment Weekly and O Magazine's best of 2015.
Eli Roebuck was nine years old when his mother walked off into the woods with "Mr. Krantz," a large, strange, hairy man who may or may not be a sasquatch. What Eli knows for certain is that his mother went willingly, leaving her only son behind. For the rest of his life, Eli is obsessed with the hunt for the bizarre creature his mother chose over him, and we watch it affect every relationship he has in his long life--with his father, with both of his wives, his children, grandchildren, and colleagues. We follow all of the Roebuck family members, witnessing through each of them the painful, isolating effects of Eli's maniacal hunt, and find that each Roebuck is battling a monster of his or her own, sometimes literally. The magical world Shields has created is one of unicorns and lake monsters, ghosts and reincarnations, tricksters and hexes. The Sasquatch Hunter's Almanac is boldly imaginative throughout, and proves to be a devastatingly real portrait of the demons that we as human beings all face.
On this episode of the Yanks Go Yard Radio Show, brought to you by KNODA.com, host and senior staff writer Ricky Keeler gives his thoughts on the Yankees signing of Scott Baker to a minor league contract and the conflicting reports surrounding the team's interest in James Shields.
At 9:05 PM ET, Ricky will be joined by Matt Kardos and Dan Pfeiffer of Rolling Thunder to discuss their top 15 Prospect Lists. Plus, we will talk about the 2 Yankees who made the MLB.com's Top 100 prospect lists, the Yoan Moncada impact on the farm system, and which Yankee prospects do they think will have a big year in 2015?
Then, at 9:40 PM ET, Hunter Samuels, the co-editor of Kings of Kauffman, joins the show to talk about James Shields. What did he see out of Shields in Kansas City and which teams should be in the running for the pitcher's services? Does his big-game performances hurt his value that much?
If you want to interact with us during the LIVE show, call us at (347)-324-5455 or tweet us: @YGYRadioShow
Tuesday, March 31, at a special start time of 7PM ET/4PM PT, FightSaga Radio presents a "Floyd, Manny, Kell, and Amir" edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields"!!
The elite level trainer will discuss the latest comments from Floyd Mayweather Jr.; which state, "Manny Pacquiao is a solid competitor, but he's very reckless, and makes a lot of mistakes".
- Is Money May accurate with his assessment of the Pacman?
- Is Floyd Jr. discounting Manny's skill set in the ring?
- Should Mayweather Jr. study more fight tape on Pacquiao during his preparation for the May 2nd superfight?
Coach Ronnie will also examine recent comments by both popular UK Welterweights, Kell Brook and Amir Khan!!
- Is the IBF title holder too much risk for the reward in Khan's mind?
- Will Al Haymon allow a super fight between Brook and Khan to materialize in 2015?
- Who wins...Special K or King Khan?
The Houston, Texas based fight trainer will also help us break down this weekend's fight action on CBS!!
- Adonis Stevenson vs. Sakio Bika
- Artur Beterbiev vs. Gabriel Campillo
Tune in to an all new edition of "Real Boxing with Ronnie Shields", exclusively on FightSaga Radio!!