SORT BY Relevancy
Cooking Channel host Ching of 'Easy Chinese' joins Robin Milling to talk about her healthy recipes for traditional and gourmet Chinese meals. Ching, who spent her childhood in Taiwan living on her grandparent's farm tells Robin how observing her grandmother, a.k.a. 'The Mistress of the Wok,' prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner for the extended family of 25 influenced her cooking. Ching says she really stood out with her exotic Bento box lunches she took to school which contained little rice parcels with pickles, salted duck egg and dried meats!
Ching has come a long way since her first preparation of steamed sticky rice stuffed with braised pork belly, peanuts and shallots. She shares her essential ingredients and signature recipe for pearl pork dumplings, yummy! Ching has inspired even the most intimidated like Robin to take on Chinese cooking to 'Wok on!' For more of these recipes, check out Ching's cookbook 'Everyday Easy Chinese.'
Watch Easy Chinese every Saturday @ 8:30 PM ET on the Cooking Channel or visit www.cookingchanneltv.com
Laura Frankel is the executive chef of Wolfgang Puck’s restaurant in the (Jewish) Spertus Museum in Chicago. She was the founder and co-owner of Shallots, recognized as one of the top restaurants in Chicago and one of the best kosher restaurants in the United States. After working in hotel and restaurant kitchens, Frankel had a family and began maintaining a kosher home kitchen. Unable to find a restaurant venue for quality kosher cooking, she opened Shallots in 1999, a restaurant offering kosher fine dining with a produce-driven menu. She has appeared on the CBS Weekend Morning Show, and in the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, and the Chicago Tribune. She has taught cooking classes in Chicago, New York, Milwaukee, and in multiple places in California and New Jersey. Her website is www.lauraskosherkitchen.com.
WRITTEN TRANSCRIPTS OF THE SHOW CAN BE ORDERED @ WWW.BARBARAHOWARDMEDIA.COM
A favorite among students, this savory meatball noodle soup gained international fame when U.S. President Barack Obama remembered it as one of his favorites during a visit to Jakarta last November.
It takes on many forms; meatballs –- springy or rubbery, the size of golf balls or bigger -– are made from chicken, beef, pork or some amorphous combination of them all. Sold mostly from pushcarts called kaki lima, bakso comes garnished with fried shallots, boiled egg and wontons.
Literally “mix-mix,” the term gado-gado is often used to describe situations that are all mixed up -– Jakarta, for instance, is a gado-gado city.
As a food, however, it is one of Indonesia’s best-known dishes, essentially a vegetable salad bathed in the country’s classic peanut sauce.
At its base are boiled long beans, spinach, potato, corn, egg and bean sprouts coupled with cucumber, tofu and tempe.
Fit for a sultan it may not be, but gudeg is certainly the signature of the royal city of Yogyakarta. The sweet jackfruit stew is boiled for hours in coconut milk and palm sugar, making the fruit so soft and tender it falls apart with little chewing.
Join Host Live Chats
- The Portal (20 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (13 chatters)
- HOV Radio (8 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (8 chatters)
- TruthRadioNetwork (8 chatters)
- 63289 (7 chatters)
- CSU Talk Radio (5 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (5 chatters)
- SHRAonair (5 chatters)
- The Yehudah Project (4 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Sports Card Live (4 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Patriot Family (3 chatters)
- FulfilledRadio (3 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (3 chatters)
- Hickory Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Cubanarama (3 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (3 chatters)
- The Moorish Light0 (2 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (2 chatters)
- Culture Freedom Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Broad Street Line (2 chatters)
- LibertyRules (2 chatters)
- LiveParanormal History FM (2 chatters)
- JASmius (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (1 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (1 chatters)
- Takeover Tuesday (1 chatters)
- The Artists Loft (1 chatters)
- The Conversation Cafe (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- MoonMaid Botanicals (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- onlinewithandrea (1 chatters)
- BUZZARDSKORNER OF LOVE (1 chatters)
- BishopGeraldScott (1 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (1 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)