SORT BY Relevancy
The Health and Wellness show on the SOTT Radio Network covers topics of health, diet, science, homeopathy, wellness culture, and more. Tune in weekly on Mondays at 6pm EST!
Recipe from this week's show: Beef Bacon Stroganov
1/2 lb. butter or ghee
1 lb. bacon
3 lbs. sirloin or other tender cut of beef
1 cup chopped green onion, shallots, or leek
2 tsp Knox gelatin
2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt, or sea salt (not table salt!)
1 tsp. fresh ground black pepper or white pepper
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. dried tarragon
1.5 c. coconut milk
1/4 c. water
1 tsp. mustard powder
1 tsp. turmeric powder
1. tsp. ginger powder
4 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp. rosemary leaves
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/4 tsp. cardamom
1/4 tsp. ground coriander
Equipment: Some bowls, mortar & pestle, sharp knife, cast iron or other pan, boiling pot
Method: Cut the beef and bacon into small chunks, set aside. Cut the onion/shallots/leeks and garlic into small chunks, set aside. Mix all the spices in the mortar. Set your boiling pot going on low heat and put in the coconut milk and butter. Once melted, whisk in the gelatin and continue to stir until it's dissolved. Whisk in the spices. Cook on low for a few minutes until hot (not boiling) and set aside. Cook the beef and bacon together in a pan and set aside once done. Cook the onions/shallots and garlic in a pan with about 1/4 cup water until tender, strain and mix with the meat. Pour the sauce mixture on top of the meat to make the Stroganov.
Cooking Channel host Ching of 'Easy Chinese' joins Robin Milling to talk about her healthy recipes for traditional and gourmet Chinese meals. Ching, who spent her childhood in Taiwan living on her grandparent's farm tells Robin how observing her grandmother, a.k.a. 'The Mistress of the Wok,' prepare breakfast, lunch and dinner for the extended family of 25 influenced her cooking. Ching says she really stood out with her exotic Bento box lunches she took to school which contained little rice parcels with pickles, salted duck egg and dried meats!
Ching has come a long way since her first preparation of steamed sticky rice stuffed with braised pork belly, peanuts and shallots. She shares her essential ingredients and signature recipe for pearl pork dumplings, yummy! Ching has inspired even the most intimidated like Robin to take on Chinese cooking to 'Wok on!' For more of these recipes, check out Ching's cookbook 'Everyday Easy Chinese.'
Watch Easy Chinese every Saturday @ 8:30 PM ET on the Cooking Channel or visit www.cookingchanneltv.com
Podcast 405 (2/10/15)
Equip2Endure Podcast is brought to you by:
Dogwood Custom Knives : http://www.dogwoodcustomknives.com/
Dealers USA Made Blade, Edge Works, Arizona Custom Knife
Live Fire Gear LLC: http://www.livefiregearllc.com/
Robby: The Blackthorn SS water bottle: http://amzn.to/1Dl5qcU
Chef Todd Mussman, Charcuterie and partner of Muss and Turners, Local Three, Common Quarter, and Eleanor's.
Meat Smoking And Smokehouse Design: http://amzn.to/1KNBSaq
Polish Sausages, Authentic Recipes And Instructions: http://amzn.to/1AflM7Z
Home Production of Quality Meats and Sausages: http://amzn.to/1zaAOpJ
The Art of Making Fermented Sausages: http://amzn.to/1DJqcn5
Todd's List of Ingredients for camp and trail:
Garlic Powder (Granulated)
And if you have room Fresh Garlic cloves and Shallots.
Laura Frankel is the executive chef of Wolfgang Puck’s restaurant in the (Jewish) Spertus Museum in Chicago. She was the founder and co-owner of Shallots, recognized as one of the top restaurants in Chicago and one of the best kosher restaurants in the United States. After working in hotel and restaurant kitchens, Frankel had a family and began maintaining a kosher home kitchen. Unable to find a restaurant venue for quality kosher cooking, she opened Shallots in 1999, a restaurant offering kosher fine dining with a produce-driven menu. She has appeared on the CBS Weekend Morning Show, and in the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, and the Chicago Tribune. She has taught cooking classes in Chicago, New York, Milwaukee, and in multiple places in California and New Jersey. Her website is www.lauraskosherkitchen.com.
WRITTEN TRANSCRIPTS OF THE SHOW CAN BE ORDERED @ WWW.BARBARAHOWARDMEDIA.COM
A favorite among students, this savory meatball noodle soup gained international fame when U.S. President Barack Obama remembered it as one of his favorites during a visit to Jakarta last November.
It takes on many forms; meatballs –- springy or rubbery, the size of golf balls or bigger -– are made from chicken, beef, pork or some amorphous combination of them all. Sold mostly from pushcarts called kaki lima, bakso comes garnished with fried shallots, boiled egg and wontons.
Literally “mix-mix,” the term gado-gado is often used to describe situations that are all mixed up -– Jakarta, for instance, is a gado-gado city.
As a food, however, it is one of Indonesia’s best-known dishes, essentially a vegetable salad bathed in the country’s classic peanut sauce.
At its base are boiled long beans, spinach, potato, corn, egg and bean sprouts coupled with cucumber, tofu and tempe.
Fit for a sultan it may not be, but gudeg is certainly the signature of the royal city of Yogyakarta. The sweet jackfruit stew is boiled for hours in coconut milk and palm sugar, making the fruit so soft and tender it falls apart with little chewing.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (29 chatters)
- HINDSIGHT (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (16 chatters)
- War on the Horizon Live (12 chatters)
- Laura DiPrete (12 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (8 chatters)
- Bill Murray (7 chatters)
- Front Row At The Freak Show (6 chatters)
- MethylationSupport (6 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (6 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (6 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (6 chatters)
- thedean (6 chatters)
- Traditional American Patriots (6 chatters)
- The Psychic Surgeon (5 chatters)
- Soul Talk Radio Network (5 chatters)
- The Captain0 (5 chatters)
- PRNRadioNetwork (5 chatters)
- Gnosis Kardia (5 chatters)
- Bellesprit (5 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (4 chatters)
- olddominionlibertarian (4 chatters)
- Healing with the Rainbow Rays (4 chatters)
- HOV Radio (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (3 chatters)
- myCulture Radio Network (3 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- True Psychics Network (2 chatters)
- TIS Network (2 chatters)
- The Chenese Lewis Show (2 chatters)
- The GreenHouse FX (2 chatters)
- World Integrity News Network (2 chatters)
- AverageBlackMan (2 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (2 chatters)
- Chick Shyt (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Omega Ministry Group (2 chatters)
- MJ Hannigan (1 chatters)
- Prophet Laron Matthews (1 chatters)
- SIN JONES (1 chatters)
- SmartMarkRadio (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (1 chatters)
- Harvest Time Alert (1 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (1 chatters)
- Destiny Empowerment Radio (1 chatters)
- 101OasisRadio (1 chatters)
- FoReRadio (1 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (1 chatters)
- Witch School (1 chatters)
- The Poetry Concert (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- SSRN (1 chatters)
- Stilettos And Convos (1 chatters)
- Tha Sports Junkies101 Sports radio (1 chatters)