SORT BY Relevancy
Youth violence is a public health issue impacting individual youth as well as entire communities. Homicide is the third leading cause of death for young people in our country. In response, some communities are working to reduce the incidents of youth violence and help kids reach their economic, educational, and vocational potential. There are several national projects that are assisting communities examine and address youth violence including, the National Forum on Youth Violence Prevention and the Urban Network to Increase Thriving Youth (UNITY). On this episode of Spotlight on Youth, guests will discuss the goals and outcomes of youth violence prevention, the collaboration, strategic planning, and evidence-based programs used to support prevention planning, and provide guidance to other communities interested in integration of violence prevention into public health efforts.
Sasha Cotton, Youth Violence Prevention Coordinator, City of Minneapolis
Rachel A. Davis, Managing Director, Prevention Institute and UNITY Project Director
Chris Gunther, Manager of Strategic Initiatives, New Orleans Health Department
7:00 to 8:00pm
Guest Speaker Sharon Bayus with Innovative Alternatives, Inc.
8:00 to 9:00pm
Guest Speaker Robert Lewis Robinson II with ItTakes a VillageY'all and It Takes a Village Y'all to Find our Missing
Today on CFR Radio we will talk about the how sexual abuse causes challenges for students and teachers. We also have a special guest - a teacher we know and love will come in to share the issue of abuse through the lenses of a Teacher. Please don't miss this show as Educator and Author Cheri Edwards takes us inside the class room to confront molestation. PimpPreacher.com
in Self Help
Carol the Coach interviews Patti Henry, a psychotherapist of 27 years who found with her work with women that "Men" were in dire need of psychotherapeautic attention. When she figured out that men needed healing she decided to write the book "The Emotionally Unavailable Man: A Blueprint for Healing and she has been working ever since to help couples find their authentic self. Patti believes that when men are socialized "not to feel" they are prone to sexual acting out and addiction. This show will be helpful to the addict and the partner as it gives guidelines to help couples work through the pain and trauma of sexual addiction.
Among the many writers and advice givers in the February Christian Standard was Dr. Mark Laaser, one of the country's best-known Christian experts in the field of sexual addiction. Dr. Laser has ministered to thousands of individuals and couples who have struggled with sexual sin and the devastation of sexual betrayal.
He will share practical information and a message of hope and redemption with editor Mark Taylor iin this interview. Listen live and ask your questions too.
Read what he says in the February issue of Christian Standard. Download your copy to your smartphone or tablet. Click here to learn how!
This show is Part 2 of the Domestic Violence and Healing conversation that aired on July 17, 2014. Hosts Alice Lynch and Sumayya Coleman, and Research Commentator Shasme Jackson will speak to Zoe Flowers and Qumyka Rasheeda Howell and continue conversation on the importance of supporting survivors in their recovering from domestic and sexual abuse. The discussion will dig deeper into the various healing methods that help with this process. Our guests will also share specific steps of self care and wellness that both advocates and survivors can do to heal from abuse and the reasons this is so necessary.
in Self Help
Leeroy's Happy Hour and Situations Live will do a joint broadcast. Raw and uncut radio first and then the start of the Situations Stops Domestic Violence Online Summit in hour 2. We encourage you to stay for both shows.
Situations Live begins day 1 of our online Domestic Violence Summit. Over the course of the week we will have guest panelists who will help with the advice and stories to help the ongoing problem of domestic violence to an end. Day 1 is a share your story day. Call in and listen live at 347-945-6867 and share your story by pressing 1.
in Self Help
Sexual Addiction is a disorder that requires strategies to assist you in maintaining recovery. This show is to help you access the books, the experts and the people who are managing recovery with The 12 Step Program and Patrick Carnes Recovery Task Model that reinforces the steps you need to take to manage your recovery and take your life through the journey so that you not only conquer the "Addict" but develop into the person you were meant to be!
Carol the Coach is a Certified Sexual Addictions Therapist who is ready to take you on the journey and expose you to the experts who will guide you through the steps.
This show is designed to provide insight inspiration and access to information for the community. It is sponsored by Purpose for Women International, a non-profit which supports the economic development of the community, women and encourages enterprise.
YOUR SHOW HOST: Heather L. Tapia ~ Proserity Adviser
GUEST: Karen Rosbach- Domestic Violence Advocate
Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 #SeeDV #HeforShe
Purpose for Women International provides access to resources, funding, education, entreprenurial opportunities, and empowerment events supporting an increased awareness on local, national and international issues for women, children, families and the community. We partner with other business, non-profits and like- hearted individuals to affect change on a local, national and international level. www.PurposeforWomenInternational.org
in Self Help
Butterfly Evolution Speaks Out About "Teen Domestic Violence”
Youth Violence is running rapid in society but typically “Teen Domestic Violence” is rarely discussed or rarely associated to “youth or ‘domestic violence” This is likely due to the misconception that domestic violence is an adult issue. This is so far from the truth and many teens have experienced or are experiencing violence.
February is Teen Domestic Violence Month. Join Butterfly Evolution Host Rodney Jordan and Tammy Gaitor in welcoming Gregory M Jones back to the show to discuss Teen Domestic Violence. Gregory is Founder of Walking In Her Shoes. www.walkinginhershoes.org
Join the show Monday February 16th at 8 pm CST. Breaking The Silence of violence and abuse.
Dying To Live - What's Holding You Back?
Listen/Comment at 818-691-7406 or on line at www.blogtalkradio.com/butterflyevolution
Meet The Butterfly Evolution Host:
Tammy Gaitor Miller: www.butterflyevolution.org
Rodney Jordan: www.youfavteacher
Creating the "New" in you for 2015 when surviving domestic violence/sexual abuse. Our Guest speaker is Rashidah Id-Deen.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (178 chatters)
- Straitway (30 chatters)
- FionaBenjamin (18 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (13 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (13 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (12 chatters)
- ANGRYFANS RADIO 1 (10 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (9 chatters)
- The Portal (8 chatters)
- Trek Talking (6 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (5 chatters)
- Local Live Music (5 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- Powerhouse Ministries Intl (4 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (3 chatters)
- Sister thunder Radio (3 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (3 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (3 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (3 chatters)
- Dominick Calvitto (3 chatters)
- Conservative Report (3 chatters)
- Jesusandwetalk (3 chatters)
- Frat House Sports (3 chatters)
- Fire Weekly (2 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (2 chatters)
- Grizzly Bear Blues Live (2 chatters)
- DA PUTER SHACK KARAOKE RADIO (2 chatters)
- 65820 (2 chatters)
- A Life of Thoughts (2 chatters)
- Everything Kathy B (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (2 chatters)
- Comfy Crystal and Medium Eshne (2 chatters)
- SpiritAliveNetwork (2 chatters)
- Life Coach Radio Network (2 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (2 chatters)
- thelordshour (2 chatters)
- TJ Morris ET Radio (2 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Rod Eccles (2 chatters)
- The Brian Craig Show (2 chatters)
- Off the Rails Radio2 (2 chatters)
- Papa CE (1 chatters)
- Personality Speaking (1 chatters)
- Raising The Roof Media (1 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (1 chatters)
- redmaryland (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- Scott Cluthe and P I Radio (1 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (1 chatters)
- Twin Radio (1 chatters)
- Wanda Henderson Ministries (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (1 chatters)
- Writestream Radio Network (1 chatters)
- The Voice of Leadership (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- ATouchofReality (1 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (1 chatters)
- Big Ticket Talk wX The Curtsy Crew (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- G220 Radio (1 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (1 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (1 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- MASTERTEACHER33 (1 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (1 chatters)
- Men Lets Talk (1 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (1 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (0 chatters)