SORT BY Relevancy
Join Partners in Health talk show host Gail Dixon and her special guest, Denise McCain, Director of Program Development and Compliance at Legal Aid Bureau Inc., and WHUR World, Sighlent Storm talk show host, as we talk about Domestic Violence and how to protect yourself.
Have you experienced domestic violence or sexual assault?
Do you need help understanding your legal options?
Then tune in to learn more and get the answers to the questions on your mind.
For more information, visit the Partners in Health website.
CALLING ALL BADASSES! This is YOUR Show. I've dedicated my life to ending narcsissitic abuse and control of any type, and have gathered together the brightest minds and the most fierce of hearts to join me. It's time to END THE SILENCE AND TELL YOUR STORY. WE NEED TO TAKE AWARENESS OF NARCISSISTIC ABUSE MAINSTREAM...AND IT STARTS HERE WITH US. To join Zain Arcane's secret support Group: VICTIM TO BADASS read the BADASS PROTOCOL on the official Zain Arcane Page on Facebook. Join me in starving the monsters, help me end the abuse as we know it. It's OUR time now. RUN NARCS RUN.
Frequent guest, Anna Doroghazi of (CONNSACS) Connecticut Sexual Assault Crisis Services, Inc. returns to Shattered Lives to update listeners on what her organization is doing to proactively stem the tide of sexual assault.
Legislatively Anna will bring the audience news of bills in this session that concern disability, restraining orders, and lease laws for victims of abuse.
She will also talk about CONNSAC’S collaboration with Men Can Stop Rape and the joint campaign titled, “Where Do You Stand Connecticut?” based on the primary prevention of sexual assault and how society can change and behave differently. Engaging men in the issue requires them to be more actively involved in the behavior changes and accountability for their actions. Already a full plate of topics, we will turn to military sexual violence and the variety of factors that contribute to why service members are experiencing elevated rates of sexual assault. The military culture makes it difficult for victims to speak out and prosecution is rare.
Tune in for this hour packed with information that will make a difference! Also be sure to listen to the podcasts of previous shows with Anna Doroghazi on other topics related to sexual assault and its prevention. www.donnagore.com
Sexaul Assault Panel Discussion, Tonight we will be focusing on the stories from survivors. Janice & Jerome speaking the truth! One is a survivor of Adult Rape another is a survivor of Child Rape. It is important to hear the voices of those who have survived the horrifying trauma of these crimes. We often hear of victims being revictimed by the system and throughout society. How would you react to these crimes? What would your surviving days and night be filled with as you tried to pretend nothing is wrong?
Sexual Assault occurs across all genders and all ages. Remember these crimes are about POWER!! This is not about having sex with that child; that teen boy; or that 20 year old woman. This is a crime about having control in the most personal way over another being. How is this not wrong in the eyes of society? How is it that what we've learned through generations before us how deadly silence can be for the victims?
A child living with this once a week, or maybe once a day, is a terrified and trapped child. A woman or man who cannot go out for dinner, drinks, movie, shopping without fearing and protecting themselves from someone attacking them; this too is a trapped human being. Our courts are getting a bit better on prosecuting these crimes, but until society accepts their job to prevent and report these attacks, NONE OF US WILL EVER BE SAFE FROM A RAPIST!!
April is Sexual Assault Awareness month (http://www.sapr.mil/index.php/saam) so CJ and I are dedicating tonight’s show to the topic of Military Sexual Trauma. Sexual Assault in the military is a rising problem and is something we want to make America aware about. It is a taboo sort of topic that does not get a lot of coverage in the news so this is out attempt at getting the word out there. It is one that is both embarrassing for the victim and the military as a whole. We would love to think that every service member is honorable and has values and morals but the truth is, just like in our society, that is not always the case. The convicted have ranged from lower enlisted to Drill Sergeants to senior leaders. There is even an ongoing trial right now where a One-star General is accused of such acts.
We have several guests on who have been victims of sexual assault during their military service. These guests are both female and male, which is important because this is not just a female problem. We are hoping other people will listen to the show, and if motivated to do so, call in if they have personal stories that they would feel comfortable sharing. It may not be something they were directly involved in, but maybe a connection they have to a case. We will be talking about the impact these acts have on the victim, their loved ones, the unit and the military as a whole. This is a tough topic but one that needs to be covered. We hope that by covering this topic tonight on Top Talk, it will encourage other victims who may have stayed silent and are still fighting with demons today to come forward and seek help and move beyond such horrific events.
The JFK assassination might be the most scrutinized crime in American history, yet many questions remain unanswered. A half century after history changed in Dealey Plaza, author James Reston Jr. talks about his new book, "The Accidental Victim," and claims Lee Harvey Oswald's intended target was John Connally, not JFK.
Thank you for joining me for episode 31 of HiPPiE WiTCH : Magick For A New Age.
The show notes for today's episode can be found at... http://www.joannadevoe.com/2013/10/hippie-wtch-reframing-victim-in-your.html
And- you can pick up a FREE copy of my eBook "HiPPiE WiTCH : Peace, Love & All That Good Sh!t" here... http://www.joannadevoe.com/p/free-stuff.html
MUCH LOVE -xo
Ms. Sheryll Roberts is founder of Life of Hope After Abuse (LHAA) a non-profit organization. Sheryll is an incest survivor, and started LHAA to help other individuals who are going through or who have dealt with the same issues. The vision was given to her while dealing with her own childhood trauma. Children are being abused daily but no one wants to acknowledge it. She speaks to churches, and other organizations to raise awareness and shed light on child sexual abuse.
LHAA has set up counseling and mentorship programs which are available for both men and women, boys and girls who are dealing or have dealt with some of the same issues. No matter the age, LHAA’s doors are open wherever needed.
You can reach LHAA at:
Web site www.hopeafterabuse.org
FB Page www.facebook.com/Life of Hopeafterabuse Foundation
WnT Board Member and Vice President Rebecca Balog will join President Billie Fidlin to discuss domestic violence and sexual assault & recovery in Indian Country.
APRIL IS SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS MONTH
It is estimated that 1 of every 6 women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in her lifetime, according to the Rape Abuse Incest National Network (RAINN). This number is about 1 in 33 for American men. Approximately 15% of sexual assault and rape victims are under age 12. Domestic violence is the leading cause of injuries to women age fifteen to forty-four, more common than auto accidents, mugging, and cancer combined.
All Americans can play a role in changing the culture that enables sexual violence. Each of us can take action by lifting up survivors we know and breaking the silence surrounding rape and sexual assault. Together, our Nation is moving forward in the fight against sexual assault. This month, let us keep working to prevent violence in every corner of America, and let us rededicate ourselves to giving survivors the bright future they deserve.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (499 chatters)
- Channel Panel (56 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (38 chatters)
- The Portal (29 chatters)
- Rifleman (28 chatters)
- Allfaaraa Live (25 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (14 chatters)
- The Middle Men (12 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (12 chatters)
- 5D Media Network (11 chatters)
- Occult Science Radio (11 chatters)
- Omega Man (11 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (10 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (9 chatters)
- Move to Amend (8 chatters)
- LettesChat (7 chatters)
- allietheissshow (7 chatters)
- We Built That Network (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Hidden Wisdom Radio (6 chatters)
- Papa CE (6 chatters)
- Tarhaka (5 chatters)
- Uncensored Radio (5 chatters)
- Wicked Edge (4 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (4 chatters)
- Its Not Me Its You (4 chatters)
- Avis Ambassador of Love (4 chatters)
- Bill Murray (4 chatters)
- BITEradio me (4 chatters)
- American Refugee Radio (3 chatters)
- Art Bulla (3 chatters)
- Nikki Rich (3 chatters)
- Kardec Radio (3 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (3 chatters)
- SoulSistaRadio (3 chatters)
- Open Talk with Les Jackson (3 chatters)
- RotoRadio (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Twin Radio (2 chatters)
- The Tailgate Show (2 chatters)
- Wisdom2Win (2 chatters)
- Word On The Water1 (2 chatters)
- Wrestling in 30 minutes or less (2 chatters)
- Sister LaTeta (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- SWBRA Radio (2 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (2 chatters)
- Lardy Miss Clardy (2 chatters)
- Lawful Remedies with Tony Davis (2 chatters)
- mashahba (2 chatters)
- MKSPCG (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Jets Zone Radio (2 chatters)
- HOV Radio (2 chatters)
- International Life Coach Radio (2 chatters)
- HIPOLITIX (2 chatters)
- HitMan Ministries (2 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Class (2 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CrsRadio (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Fins Radio (2 chatters)
- Diary of A Psalmist (2 chatters)
- CrystalClearSpeaks (2 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (2 chatters)
- Destiny Empowerment (1 chatters)
- Diane Grimble Ministries LIVE (1 chatters)
- dtm radio (1 chatters)
- Bull Riding Rodeo Connection (1 chatters)
- FootballGameplan (1 chatters)
- FanSportsandPolitics (1 chatters)
- Hip Hop National Radio (1 chatters)
- Cinema Royale (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Common Sense for America (1 chatters)
- American Statesman (1 chatters)
- Armand Dupuis (1 chatters)
- HME Radio (1 chatters)
- Hogic Online Radio Show (1 chatters)
- HONEY DRIP RADIO (1 chatters)
- Suzanne Toro (1 chatters)
- The Chronical of Ladi Kay (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (1 chatters)
- SOUL 1 RADIO (1 chatters)
- UNDAWIRRLDRADIO (1 chatters)
- Unmasked with Authoress Lyle (1 chatters)
- The Power Play Network (1 chatters)
- Totally Driven Radio Network (1 chatters)