SORT BY Relevancy
Today we rejoice with survivor and former drug addict Elaine Crocker -Bey. She is not just a survivor, she is a THRIVOR. Elaine is on a mission to share her story to help others.
Being sexually abused led her to a life of drugs and bad choices. Today she is brand new. She is a radio show host and blogs frequently about sexual abuse at www.releaseher.net.
Listen as she shares her journey and her mission to help others.
in Self Help
SDIAG sheds light on the silenced topic of Child Sexual Abuse for April Child Abuse Prevention Month. 1 out of 3 girls, 1 out of 5 boys will be sexually abused before age 18.Child Sexual Abuse awareness and prevention. From Darkness to Light survivor stories of Sexual Child abuse and our very own Founder of SDIAG will talk about these silenced topics and the importance of Breaking the Silence.IT IS 98% PREVENTABLE.
Sexual health is a key part of our identity as human beings, yet sexuality is an oft misunderstood concept. Definitions include topics such as avoiding sexually transmitted disease and unwanted pregnancies. We hear about mutual consent and work to eradicate sexual violence. But what does it really mean to be sexually healthy? Issues of body integrity and relationships are obvious pieces to the picture but we must also consider communication, self-worth, values, trauma history, and spirituality to get the whole enchilada. Join us as Pat Lindstrom, LMFT and sexuality specialist, helps us to navigate the waters to define sexual wholeness.
Abusive behavior in relationships is a common problem. This series on such behaviors will help you to evaluate the abuse level in your past or present relationship.
Abuse is any behavior that is designed to control and subjugate another human being through the use of fear, humiliation, and verbal or physical assaults.
Day 3: Sexual Abuse
Sexual abuse refers to any action that pressures or coerces someone to do something sexually they don't want to do. Sexual abuse is unwanted sexual activity, with perpetrators using force, making threats or taking advantage of victims not able to give consent.
Day 4: Using Children As A Weapon
Using your children against you as a means to get you to do something that you wouldn’t usually want to do; to manipulate you and control you.
Day 5: Physical Abuse
Physical abuse is an act of another party involving contact intended to cause feelings of physical pain, injury, or other physical suffering or bodily harm. The root cause of emotional and psychological difficulties later in later are often attributed to physical abuse.
If you are concerned about your relationship please seek local professional assistance.
in Self Help
Do you feel worthless, undeserving, unfixable, or unlovable? Are you ready to let go of the pain of sexual abuse and finally feel normal?
If you are beyond sick and tired of feeling broken and burdened by the past, this month's show is for you. You will be taught the three steps you need to take in order to let go of the pain of childhood sexual abuse and finally feel normal. Rachel will also share with you her secret to becoming a "beyond survivor".
You will learn:
Why sexual abuse is akin to an unhealed wound and the steps required to heal that wound.
How your brain processes experiences and how this affects your thinking, feelings, and behavior.
To challenge the false beliefs that keep you disconnected from your genuine self.
To develop new ways of thinking in order to shift your focus, listen to yourself, and to use affirmations that really work.
3 steps, rooted in science, which will lead you out of the pain of abuse.
This show is perfect for you if: You are a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and are frustrated because it seems nothing you do is helping. You desire to reconnect to your genuine self in order to move on with your life and be the person you were meant to be.
*This show is pre-recorded so there will be no Q&A this month. Join me again live in April for more Real Talk with Rachel*
Bennet's computer was down so we missed this show, so we are having it again--hopefully we wont have technical difficulties this time
One in every five girls and one in every twenty boys is sexually abused. For both genders, this abuse most often occurs between the ages of seven and thirteen. The majority of the time children are abused by someone they know: a father, a brother, a neighbor or babysitter. It can be a one-time incident or it can be repetitive over the course of years.
Tonight noted author of Create Your Personal Sacred Text: and noted marriage & family therapist,Bobbi Parish join Huffington Post Columnist Rachel Thompson andf Writer/critic Bennet Pomerantz about SURVING SEXUAL ABUSE
Bobbi's web site...http://www.iamresplendent.com/2014/01/survivors-of-sexual-abuse-chat.html
Caitlin Roper is an Activist, Survivor and State Coordinator for Collective Shout which is a grassroots movement against the objectification of women and sexualisation of girls in media, advertising and popular culture.
Knowing the pain of sexual violence, first-hand, Caitlin is keen to see change and not only awareness but activation and protection when it comes to girls and sexual abuse. After walking through her own abuse journey, she was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and underwent treatment. Caitlin began blogging about her experience in the hope that by sharing openly and honestly she would not only find healing for herself but could help others who are victims or survivors of sexual abuse.
Caitlin had been sexually abused and for years she had attempted to bury it but found the pain of it all continued to pop up every now and then. The pain associated caused extensive distress and remained unresolved. As she sought help and began to speak about her experience, she soon realised there was a deafing silence around sexual abuse and rape. Victims feel a sense of shame for the violent acts committed against them and in our culture they are often blamed for 'putting themselves in that situation'. This only serves to keep victims quiet and allow perpetrators to continue to abuse without consequence.
Tune in an hear this brave girls honest story and follow her through her blog brighterthanbefore.wordpress.com or follow her tweets @caitlin_roper.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (498 chatters)
- John Baptist (101 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (27 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (25 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (18 chatters)
- Get Real LOL uncensored reality tv (16 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (15 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (14 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (14 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (13 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (13 chatters)
- Coach Khayr (12 chatters)
- thelordshour (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (10 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (9 chatters)
- canadianglen (9 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (9 chatters)
- MCMJimmy (9 chatters)
- Odwirafo (8 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (7 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (7 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (7 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (7 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (6 chatters)
- Leslie Draper (6 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (6 chatters)
- Quagmire America (6 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (6 chatters)
- thedean (5 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (5 chatters)
- Love Productions (5 chatters)
- Big Brother Spoilers By Mike (5 chatters)
- DDP Radio (5 chatters)
- David and Wes (4 chatters)
- Barbershop Sports (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- Juneau Xena (4 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (4 chatters)
- Nerdy 30s (4 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (4 chatters)
- patriots united (3 chatters)
- Promoting Positive Art Expressions (3 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Delicious Talk (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (3 chatters)
- Dave in the City (3 chatters)
- BOLD MOVERS RADIO NETWORK (3 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (2 chatters)
- KDCL Media (2 chatters)
- KLJN 107 7 (2 chatters)
- THE TAILGATE ZONE (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (2 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (2 chatters)
- Opulent Network (2 chatters)
- illblogradio (2 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (1 chatters)
- Interface (1 chatters)
- Ordinarywmn (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (1 chatters)
- RLwRT (1 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (1 chatters)
- Talk Radio 49 (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Diehard Sports Radio (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Emotion Code Healing (1 chatters)