SORT BY Relevancy
Sexual violence and child sexual abuse understandably affect the whole person, and those effects can strongly impact our sexuality. How we see our body and approach our relationships can unconsciously be dictated by our negative experiences for years or even lifelong. Experiencing bad feelings when touched, having difficulty becoming aroused, disassociating during times that are meant to grow intimacy, or engaging in inappropriate sexual behaviors are all common sexual symptoms of previous abuse. But there is great hope for healing! Knowing that you are not alone and that we CAN talk about sexual issues without shame might be the first step. Join Misa as she discusses the healing journey into sexual wholeness after abuse on Beyond Abuse Radio.
in Self Help
Do you feel worthless, undeserving, unfixable, or unlovable? Are you ready to let go of the pain of sexual abuse and finally feel normal?
If you are beyond sick and tired of feeling broken and burdened by the past, this month's show is for you. You will be taught the three steps you need to take in order to let go of the pain of childhood sexual abuse and finally feel normal. Rachel will also share with you her secret to becoming a "beyond survivor".
You will learn:
Why sexual abuse is akin to an unhealed wound and the steps required to heal that wound.
How your brain processes experiences and how this affects your thinking, feelings, and behavior.
To challenge the false beliefs that keep you disconnected from your genuine self.
To develop new ways of thinking in order to shift your focus, listen to yourself, and to use affirmations that really work.
3 steps, rooted in science, which will lead you out of the pain of abuse.
This show is perfect for you if: You are a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and are frustrated because it seems nothing you do is helping. You desire to reconnect to your genuine self in order to move on with your life and be the person you were meant to be.
*This show is pre-recorded so there will be no Q&A this month. Join me again live in April for more Real Talk with Rachel*
Sexual health is a key part of our identity as human beings, yet sexuality is an oft misunderstood concept. Definitions include topics such as avoiding sexually transmitted disease and unwanted pregnancies. We hear about mutual consent and work to eradicate sexual violence. But what does it really mean to be sexually healthy? Issues of body integrity and relationships are obvious pieces to the picture but we must also consider communication, self-worth, values, trauma history, and spirituality to get the whole enchilada. Join us as Pat Lindstrom, LMFT and sexuality specialist, helps us to navigate the waters to define sexual wholeness.
Abusive behavior in relationships is a common problem. This series on such behaviors will help you to evaluate the abuse level in your past or present relationship.
Abuse is any behavior that is designed to control and subjugate another human being through the use of fear, humiliation, and verbal or physical assaults.
Day 3: Sexual Abuse
Sexual abuse refers to any action that pressures or coerces someone to do something sexually they don't want to do. Sexual abuse is unwanted sexual activity, with perpetrators using force, making threats or taking advantage of victims not able to give consent.
Day 4: Using Children As A Weapon
Using your children against you as a means to get you to do something that you wouldn’t usually want to do; to manipulate you and control you.
Day 5: Physical Abuse
Physical abuse is an act of another party involving contact intended to cause feelings of physical pain, injury, or other physical suffering or bodily harm. The root cause of emotional and psychological difficulties later in later are often attributed to physical abuse.
If you are concerned about your relationship please seek local professional assistance.
Bennet's computer was down so we missed this show, so we are having it again--hopefully we wont have technical difficulties this time
One in every five girls and one in every twenty boys is sexually abused. For both genders, this abuse most often occurs between the ages of seven and thirteen. The majority of the time children are abused by someone they know: a father, a brother, a neighbor or babysitter. It can be a one-time incident or it can be repetitive over the course of years.
Tonight noted author of Create Your Personal Sacred Text: and noted marriage & family therapist,Bobbi Parish join Huffington Post Columnist Rachel Thompson andf Writer/critic Bennet Pomerantz about SURVING SEXUAL ABUSE
Bobbi's web site...http://www.iamresplendent.com/2014/01/survivors-of-sexual-abuse-chat.html
in Self Help
SDIAG sheds light on the silenced topic of Child Sexual Abuse for April Child Abuse Prevention Month. 1 out of 3 girls, 1 out of 5 boys will be sexually abused before age 18.Child Sexual Abuse awareness and prevention. From Darkness to Light survivor stories of Sexual Child abuse and our very own Founder of SDIAG will talk about these silenced topics and the importance of Breaking the Silence.IT IS 98% PREVENTABLE.
in Self Help
Tonight our broadcast on the Generation No More discussion will be looking into the dark reality of Child Sexual Abuse. This is a show important whether you work with children or are just a concerned adult who wants to know more about the dangers of this very silent crime. We begin at 9pm eastern/ 8pm central/ 6pm pacific time. Our call in number is 347-215-7754 for your questions, comments, shares. You can also connect with many others by signing into blogtalk with any social ID to join in our chatroom commentary during every broadcast.
What is child sexual abuse? Most of us can answer this with the response of Molestation or ANY sexual contact with a child under the age of 18. Do you know however that this is a crime? Do you know what behaviors to watch for in those young children who are unable to tell us what's going on? Do you understand how to bring about conversation with a young child about sexual abuse? Do you know what Pedophiles and Predators look for in their victims?
These are many of the topic points shared on our website to help you spot and rescue a victim. Tonight we are talking about this live with you, in massive detail, so that you will be better prepared to spot harm to your child or perhaps a child next door, down the street, or in your classroom.
We strive to bring you the very best of our broadcasting and hope to encourage your interest and live participation during the shows. Our archives are always available to listen at your convenience, however with live shows you also get the pleasure of connecting with many others in the mission of protecting our children, giving them a better world tomorrow, being their voice and strong advocates within your homes, communities, schools.
This is a broadcast of Butterfly Dreams Abuse Recovery. Our shows are not intended as any form of legal or psychological professional help. We highly recommend seeking counseling and/or legal advocacy when abuse happens.
The residual impact of sexual abuse can have a lifelong effect on victims and can manifest in a variety of ways long after the abuse. Did you know 15% of all sexual assault victims are under the age of twelve? 1 in 6 boys is sexually abused before the age of 16 and 1 in 5 girls. Tune in Sunday at 8pm EST as The Emotion Picture Radio Show Crew takes a deeper look at the effects of sexual abuse and intimacy
Founder and organizer of Break The Silence-Speak Out America, Little Rock Phyllis Harrington shares encouraging stories of sexual abuse survival.....
She has discovered she is the voice of the unheard....offering means of counseling to begin the healing journey and many other resources for those in need...
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (177 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (26 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (25 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (16 chatters)
- BeverlyD (14 chatters)
- John Baptist (11 chatters)
- thedean (11 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (10 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (9 chatters)
- Destruindo Fortalezas (9 chatters)
- AngelsTeachRadio (8 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (7 chatters)
- PwtorchEastCoastCast (7 chatters)
- Patriot Family (7 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (6 chatters)
- Rockin Country Radio (6 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (6 chatters)
- 63489 (6 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (5 chatters)
- ILLUMINATION (5 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (5 chatters)
- UNdergroundCHURCH (4 chatters)
- InfiniteSupernaturalNetwork (4 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (4 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (4 chatters)
- Body of Christ (4 chatters)
- Michael Tatlock (4 chatters)
- NatureofReality (3 chatters)
- LA Batchelor (3 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (3 chatters)
- JASmius (3 chatters)
- PonytailPatriot (3 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (3 chatters)
- Firefall Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Supernatural Radio (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- TalkNAngels (2 chatters)
- WHATS GOING ON by the UAC (2 chatters)
- Gettysburg Gerry (2 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (2 chatters)
- Book Club Girl (2 chatters)
- Barbara DeLong (2 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (2 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (2 chatters)
- Salvation In Jesus Ministry (2 chatters)
- Reiki Radio Station (2 chatters)
- Sipping On Ink (2 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Know It All ABCs of Education (2 chatters)
- MyViewMatters (2 chatters)
- pamelamarieedmunds (1 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (1 chatters)
- My Old Catholic Radio (1 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (1 chatters)
- Life Harmony RADIO (1 chatters)
- Average Intelligence (1 chatters)
- Kerrie Wearing X Soul Coach (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- SportsTalkLine (1 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- Prophecy at the Midnight Hour (1 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (1 chatters)
- BBQSuperStars (1 chatters)
- Bill Murray (1 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (1 chatters)
- AgingYounger (1 chatters)
- AirAmarteifioRadio (1 chatters)
- Align Shine Prosper (1 chatters)
- ArtSees Diner Radio (1 chatters)
- Asylum Fantasy Football Podcast (1 chatters)
- Fan vs Fan Radio Network (1 chatters)
- George Ramirez (1 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (1 chatters)
- Got Controversy FM 69 Radio (1 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Live (1 chatters)
- IB Wise Raising The Roof Radio (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- We are TOPS (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Proper Manors USA (1 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (1 chatters)
- The Hiphop Barbershop (1 chatters)
- Survival Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (0 chatters)