SORT BY Relevancy
Welcome to this show where we continue the raw, real, getting dirty, & filthy honest chats about people with disabilities, setbacks, differences, how to handle dramatic affairs, hypocricy and all sorts of things we have learned from the past and are going to apply to our future, to hopefully make things work out more/better with a new crowd.
Listen in to maybe learn a thing or two, or just hear us rant! Either way we love & appreciate all of our listeners, and we welcome one and all.
We will continue our conversation from last week discussing how to use temporary setbacks as guidance opportunities for future success.
As usual, we will also discuss two delicious recipes for sharing. The "safe" recipe will be Spinach Ricotta Pasta, and the "adventure" recipe will be Ham and Black-Eyed Peas Stew.
Black Entertainment Television founder Bob Johnson, speaking at The National Press Club, on 4/8/2013 said the nation “would never tolerate white unemployment at 14 and 15 percent.” Black unemployment has been double that of white Americans for more than 50 years. The black youth unemployment rate is more than 40 percent nationally. In some cities, unemployment for black working-age males is more than 50 percent. Let’s look at this, but first let’s look at some history.From 1900 to 1954, blacks were more active than whites in the labor market. Until about 1960, black male labor force participation in every age group was equal to or greater than that of whites. During that period, black teen unemployment was roughly equal to or less than white teen unemployment. As early as 1900, the duration of black unemployment was 15 percent shorter than that of whites; today it’s about 30 percent longer. To do something about today’s employment picture requires abandonment of sacred cows and honesty.
Why don’t we as black people support black business? I have a theory as to why we don’t but I wanted to hear it from my colleagues, friends, and business associates. Below is a list of reasons I was given when I asked other blacks why they thought blacks don’t support their own:
They give poor customer service
They are only trying to make a quick buck and don’t care about their customers
They sell cheap products / below average services at exponentially high prices
They don’t guarantee their products / services
They are very unprofessional / ghetto
The #1 reason given by blacks for not supporting black owned business is that black businesses are ghetto & unprofessional. Sadly in some cases this is true but when it’s not and those businesses that .
Join me "In the Pickle Barrel" as we tke a look at the fickled world of labor on this special day we call Labor Day. It has been a year made up of the good, the bad and the ugly as the US tries to come to terms with a fluctuating economy.
Politics has certainly played a big role in our condition. Unending issues across the oceans have added to the crazy economic times. It has indeed been a strange year.
Join me at our new time 8AM-10AM (Monday-Friday).
Special Message: In just a few days you will also be able to join me "In the Pickle Barrel" on the new FreedomReigns Network (more info to follow).
Use itunes? You are in luck! Yep, also in itunes.
'The BEST is YET to Come' ~ Powered by The Career Engineer (TCE) - www.tcenow.com
Unemploymemt Data - www.dol.gov
As of July, 2014
Unemployment Rate: 6.2%
Initial Insurance Claims: 302,000
Payroll Employment: +209,000
STOP Living, Breathing and working BENEATH your Purpose! Join TCE's Career Talk Radio along with special guests as we share employment, economy tips, e-business tips and solutions to help you make Monday Mornings...BETTER! Create the life of your dreams.
Programming: SweetBerry Designs
David Bego comments on the recent jobs report suggesting that instead of lobbing bombs, the President uses flowery and misleading rhetoric to achieve the destruction of the nation’s work force and economy through open borders and the ACA! He says that the jobs report failed to identify that the net 288,000 jobs consists of approximately 500,000 full-time jobs lost and replaced by 788,000 part-time jobs, realistically providing less take home pay for employees and failing to qualify them for the mandates of employer-provided health care insurance. Thank you Affordable Care Act (ACA)! Tune in to hear more!
Have you had your healthy dose of reality lately?
There are always at least two sides to every story. Have you ever wondered how someone, who saw the same thing you did, walked away telling a vastly different story? Which version was correct? Which one was the REAL story? Actually, both are! It’s just a matter of perspective.
Joe takes the issues… especially the controversial issues (politics, prejudice, religion, illegal immigration)… and brings in people from different sides to share their viewpoint. This is definitely not a fluff piece. And while no one is attacked, the questions are hard-hitting.
But the conversation is always respectful and you’re sure to learn something new, even if you don’t agree!
If you’ve always wondered how the “other side” thinks and how they’ve arrived at their “stand”, then this is the show for you!
It’s not the right side, it’s not the wrong side, but the REAL side of the issues!
The skit "How to Rebrand Village Pow Pow" has its origin in the way Nigerian diasporas were overseas and how Dora Akunyili has called for Rebranding Nigerian Project and pointed out that innocent Nigerians have been arrested indiscriminately and some have been denied visas simply because they are Nigerians. This is not only in Japan, but it is world-wide. Such thing is not known well in some part of the world. Prof. Dora put considerable efforts in fixing outside look of Nigeria, but she has not done enough to help the youth feel it is worth staying in the country. You can read the script from here.
Chief Godwin Oyedokun........................Mayor Moi Moi & Brilliant
Hideko Nagashima....................................Prof. Pepe & Brainy
Global Eco Theatre is designed to convey difficult-to-understand problems in Nigeria such as witch-craft, corruption, lack of safety and the worst petroleum pollution in Africa to the International community in an aesthetic form so that people around the world can join solvinghe problems. The regions contributes major cause of global warming and climate change. Our website: http://www.swacin.com
Stacy is a Relationship Coach that helps women to restore their hope, faith and confidence through reflective writing and life coaching. She is a motivational catalyst that believes in empowering women to live their best lives by stepping out by faith to fulfill their purpose.
Stacy has experienced many setbacks, trials and tragedies along her journey. She knows pain first hand and as result she has dedicated her life to helping other women to rise above adverisities. For Stacy, the challenges has helped to shape her life, gave her the strength to pursue the dreams and God molded her character to not simply settle but work towards being the best and accomplishing greatness.
We're back with another week of Free State Radio
- Guardians of the Galaxy was released. It's awesome. We discuss
- Federal Employees are surfing ...what's their excuse?
- A connection between employment, state, and political party
- Ed Schultz?
- And more
How can we recover from a tragedy? What do we do when we've just come out of a toxic relationship? Who can we turn to when we feel like we can't take the burdens anymore? Well tune in to this episode to hear one woman's journey to recovery and sustainability. Ms. Caprice Smith joins us live to help push us through obstacles and back on the road to greatness.
When you look around you see things you are not satisfied with. It seem the only things getting done are things that does not help the country as a whole. It seems that the corrupt people are putting their plans in action and the people who are bieng hurt as a result are only complaining. Complaining does not solve the issues. Whatever problems exist for America as a whole includes milllions of others who suffers from the same problems. Whatever problem we face America, there is something you can do and you must do it, for your country. Our problems this Sunday morning is fear, lack of confidence in judicial system, warmongering, unemployment, underemployment, healthcare and racism.
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (127 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (77 chatters)
- Channel Panel (66 chatters)
- John Baptist (63 chatters)
- in5d (58 chatters)
- Jennifer Hough (23 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (22 chatters)
- thelordshour (21 chatters)
- Lets talkXXXGod is not Religious (13 chatters)
- RaptureCentric101 (12 chatters)
- RFB Radio WOW (12 chatters)
- CRYPTOLOGIC (12 chatters)
- Tarhaka (12 chatters)
- The Psychic Viewpoint (12 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (11 chatters)
- The Boneyard0 (9 chatters)
- thedean (9 chatters)
- AlimBey (8 chatters)
- DentTrainerXcom (7 chatters)
- Doctor Ginny (7 chatters)
- The Truth About Church (7 chatters)
- The Wake Up Mission (7 chatters)
- Angel Amy (6 chatters)
- Bill Murray (6 chatters)
- Living Well Talk Radio (6 chatters)
- Body of Christ (5 chatters)
- HHIII and LeeCrowe (5 chatters)
- Trunews Radio (5 chatters)
- WHEELZ UP RADIO (4 chatters)
- fireengineeringtalkradio (4 chatters)
- LindaCrystal (4 chatters)
- Rabbi Aryel Nachman (4 chatters)
- real talk for real people0 (3 chatters)
- Prayer Warriors 365 (3 chatters)
- Root Cause Radio (3 chatters)
- Social Geek Radio (3 chatters)
- Spoken Ink (3 chatters)
- Main Street Universe (3 chatters)
- Mega Powers Radio (3 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- KayakFishingRadio (3 chatters)
- Dart Head Mike (3 chatters)
- The Sensuous Mystic Sex Spirit (3 chatters)
- The ANSWERS Show (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (2 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (2 chatters)
- Dirtyredz (2 chatters)
- Chillz33 (2 chatters)
- Black Whole Radio (2 chatters)
- Attention Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- Barry Secrest (2 chatters)
- KCIII (2 chatters)
- George Ramirez (2 chatters)
- Dr Fred (2 chatters)
- Omega Man (2 chatters)
- MMA Jam (2 chatters)
- No Turning Back (2 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (2 chatters)
- LLBPRADIO (2 chatters)
- Political T and T (1 chatters)
- practice what u preach network (1 chatters)
- Really Doe Radio (1 chatters)
- Radio by Renford (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- RotoExpertsXcom FantasySports Show (1 chatters)
- Seed Dropper Nation (1 chatters)
- ROAD2STARDOM RADIO (1 chatters)
- Robert Cardoza Live (1 chatters)
- May We Help You Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (1 chatters)
- Off the Bat (1 chatters)
- Matt and Phil Show (1 chatters)
- LL Sports 2 with TJ and TIFF (1 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Dr Roger Conley (1 chatters)
- GIPBKR Radio Station (1 chatters)
- Godney (1 chatters)
- KWOD Radio (1 chatters)
- LETS SPEAK (1 chatters)
- Bootch and Pat show with Bob (1 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (1 chatters)
- CyndieLepori (1 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (1 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (1 chatters)
- The RetroUnlim Network (1 chatters)
- Straight From The E Block (1 chatters)
- sun752 (1 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (1 chatters)
- TWR Radio (1 chatters)
- USA Emergency Broadcasting Network (1 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (0 chatters)