SORT BY Relevancy
Rapid expansion in adoptions and use of mobile devices in schools has the potential to impact almost every aspect of education. A new report, "Mobile Technology for K-12 Education," sponsored by mobile learning company, Amplify, and conducted by education market research experts at IESD, reveals details about the current status of mobile technology in our schools. The question is, what are publishers and developers who serve the school market doing in terms of their product marketing plans and their sales approaches as we move away from the a textbook centric K-12 sales environment to an environment where smartphones, tablets, and other mobile computing devices are the primary delivery envelope? Host Glen McCandless asks K-12 market researcher, Jay Sivin-Kachala, of IESD, to provide his perspective.
What's the best way to sell to schools? It's the topic of greatest interest for everyone who wants to succeed in the K-12 education market. Many newcomers would like to find a low-cost entry, and the idea of using independent reps or resellers is popular. What have experts learned about this sales approach? What do you need to know to be successful working with K-12 channel partners? Join host Glen McCandless for a 15-minute interview with two veterans of K-12 sales, Farimah Schuerman and Mitch Weisburgh of Academic Business Advisors.
RFPs (Request for Proposals) are something you'll definitely have to deal with if you sell to schools, and some RFPs are great opportunities. But, you may have discovered that spending time to react to RFPs can kill your productivity unless you have a policy and set of procedures in place. How can you better manage RFPs from school districts and increase your odds of winning the deals you decide to pursue? Listen to sage advice fro two veterans of K-12 RFP wars -- host Glen McCandless and his special guest, Farimah Schuerman of Academic Business Advisors. They'll spend 15 minutes to unpack this popular topic. And be sure to read the companion article on SellingToSchools.com. Don't miss these great resources!
The education industry is in the midst of a major paradigm shift. Free products are challenging traditional rules. Pressure is mounting to find new sources of revenue, and many K-12 market experts say selling services to school administrators is an important trend. You may be blinded by what is happening or you may be looking for some clarity. What is driving this trend, what impact is it having, and what should you be doing to refocus and reshape your businesses? How do you ensure future success as we continue to feel the affects of the new business models and new players in the K-12 space? Join host Glen McCandless, author of new article on this topic, for an interview with industry veteran Lou Pugliese, a leader who has been in the thick of this shift and can offer front-line perspective.
Are sales to K-12 schools important to you? If so, and you've never considered the special education market before, now may be the time for you to rethink your strategy. Trends in the student population suggest that school administrators may soon prefer doing business with suppliers of instructional materials who support inclusion, that is, providing access to the general curriculum for all students. What are the product marketing implications and related sales opportunities for your company? Join host Glen McCandless and his special guest Frances Stetson, Ph.D., president of Stetson and Associates, inclusive education experts, for 15-minute discussion on this timely topic.
During EdNet 2012, the annual ed tech industry conference, a few hundred industry executives were treated to a general session entitled “Farewell Products. Hello Services.” A well-respected group of panelists made the case for sea change in our business models, from product-centric selling to service-centric growth, profits, and market position. So, if your company relies on selling products to schools, how do you gauge the impact on your business? What should you be doing now to ensure a smooth ride on the coming wave of learning services and to avoid wipe out? During this 15-minute program, SellingToSchools.com editor and publisher Glen McCandless interviews one of the EdNet panelists, industry researcher and analyst Tyson Greer, CEO of Ambient Insight. Tyson offers her perspective on what’s happening and opportunities that you might grab hold of. Listen and behold!
Join me today at 6:30pm as I talk with T. Wayne Gatewood.
Building your Dream happens at different times and in many ways in life's journey, come hear my good friend T. Wayne Gatewood talk about how he works with today's youth to empower them to learn to live their dreams. Dial 917.889.7881 to join us. Thursday, September 11, 2014 at 6:30pm EST.
Knowing how to build a powerful sales team is a key success factor for any company serving the K-12 market. If you are a manager with hiring plans, what do you need to know about the available sales talent? What lies ahead and how can you attract the best and brightest? What are the trends in compensation plans and the impact of the new health law? These are a few of the topics for our annual K-12 industry hiring forecast with sales recruiter, Mark Phillips, of HireEducation. Mark will join host Glen McCandless for 30 minutes to unpack the hiring landscape for professionals in the 2014 school market.
Join me today at 6:30pm as my good friend Starr Bobatoon will hsare the third part in her "Starr Points to Success" series. She is an expert at equiping you to build your business through sales strategies, techniques, and tactics. She will help you understand better how to build your Brand as a Sales professional or Entrepreneur. To listen in just call (917) 889.7881,. We will take questions at the end of the presentation and discussion.
Every Thursday at 6:30pm EST:
Join me today I am speaking with the incomparable Mr. Simon T. Bailey. He is an Emerging Leader Expert. Listen as he shares tips on being a better leader and identifying like minded individuals to embrace as a part of your collaborative network.
Simon T. Bailey is a leadership catalyst, whose expertise equips emerging leaders with tips, tools and techniques on how to release potential in the world’s most important asset – people. He is the former leader of the world-renowned Disney Institute and founder of Brilliance Institute, Inc.
Meetings and Conventions magazine’s cited him as “One of the best keynote speakers ever heard or used,” putting him in the same category as Bill Gates, General Colin Powell and Tony Robbins.
Speaker Magazine cited him as one of the top twenty five “hot speakers” shaping the profession.
To listen in just call (917) 889.7881
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (496 chatters)
- John Baptist (93 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (40 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- Curious Times (24 chatters)
- in5d (23 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (22 chatters)
- DynastySoundtrack (20 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (19 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (18 chatters)
- BFD Fantasy Football (14 chatters)
- Canadian Motocross Weekly (14 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (12 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (11 chatters)
- Odwirafo (11 chatters)
- Greg Kellogg (10 chatters)
- Mindzmatter (8 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (8 chatters)
- Ms KiKi (7 chatters)
- ISoMH Educational Network (7 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (7 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (7 chatters)
- canadianglen (6 chatters)
- Bamabird29 (6 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (6 chatters)
- Golden Rose Psychic Radio (6 chatters)
- Yo Momma Black (6 chatters)
- Moorish Science Radio (5 chatters)
- Love Productions (4 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (4 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (4 chatters)
- RAD1Radio (4 chatters)
- Feldman World Group (4 chatters)
- dtm radio (4 chatters)
- Dave in the City (4 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Bards Logic Political Talk (4 chatters)
- 12kyle (4 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (4 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (4 chatters)
- SURN Host (4 chatters)
- Bleed Blue Show (3 chatters)
- David and Wes (3 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (3 chatters)
- Talk2Q (3 chatters)
- The Ron and Don Show (3 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (3 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (3 chatters)
- Universal Radio (3 chatters)
- ViktorAurelius (3 chatters)
- Its Real Talk Radio (3 chatters)
- Matty Ps Radio Happy Hour (3 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (3 chatters)
- Harold Sutton (2 chatters)
- The Mirror Show (2 chatters)
- FreedomizerRadio (2 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (2 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (2 chatters)
- AGHOST Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Bigbagstudios (2 chatters)
- Xclusive Jamz Nation (2 chatters)
- WTLC Talk Radio (1 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (1 chatters)
- Boyzntheoffice (1 chatters)
- carsonscorner (1 chatters)
- Dusk Spot Radio Network (1 chatters)
- Dragon vs Dragon (1 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (1 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (1 chatters)
- Pure Flow XChange (1 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (1 chatters)
- Welcome to Docradio Network (1 chatters)
- URN Radio Network (1 chatters)
- underground talk (1 chatters)
- Malone Hype Line (1 chatters)
- JUDGEMENT TIME (1 chatters)
- Opulent Network (1 chatters)