SORT BY Relevancy
His first bestseller, Applied Cryptography, explained how the arcane science of secret codes actually works, and was described by Wired as "the book the National Security Agency wanted never to be published." His book on computer and network security, Secrets and Lies, was called by Fortune "[a] jewel box of little surprises you can actually use." Beyond Fear tackles the problems of security from the small to the large: personal safety, crime, corporate security, national security. His book, Schneier on Security, offers insight into everything from the risk of identity theft (vastly overrated) to the long-range security threat of unchecked presidential power and the surprisingly simple way to tamper-proof elections.
Regularly quoted in the media -- and subject of an Internet meme -- he has testified on security before the United States Congress on several occasions and has written articles and op eds for many major publications, including The New York Times, The Guardian, Forbes, Wired, Nature, The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Boston Globe, The San Francisco Chronicle, and The Washington Post.
Schneier also publishes a free monthly newsletter, Crypto-Gram, with over 150,000 readers. In its ten years of regular publication, Crypto-Gram has become one of the most widely read forums for free-wheeling discussions, pointed critiques, and serious debate about security. As head curmudgeon at the table, Schneier explains, debunks, and draws lessons f
Our guest today is Peter Gregory. He is a security manager, computer security specialist, and author of over 20 books, including CISSP for Dummies. He has experience in the information technology sector, which spans over thirty-years and began in the 1970s.
He has worked in:
· local government
· wireless telecommunications, and
· financial management Our topic today is about writing books in the security sector
Welcome to Security Radio. Your host James Hall with our No. 3 episode - a discussion about mobile phone security.
This evening we have with us the Chief Security Officer of FIXMO a provider of Mobile Risk Management services. Dan has been an information security professional for more than 15 years, and has worked for notable organizations such as XM Radio, Secure Computing, McAfee, Nominum, and Accuvant. He has extensive experience running security programs within the government segment; his most notable role was as Director of Network Security at the Transportation and Security Administration, which was the largest managed service contract within the federal government. Dan joined Fixmo in 2012 to drive security and technology innovation within Fixmo's suite of Mobile Risk Management solutions. In his role at Fixmo, he is directly responsible for global security and information assurance initiatives – researching trends, discovering security vulnerabilities and exploits, building strategic partnerships; and attaining industry certifications - as well as product innovation. Dan holds an M.S. in Information Assurance/Computer Forensics from Capitol College and a D.Sc in Information Assurance from Capitol College with a dissertation focus on enterprise smartphone security.
Security Radio thanks you for listening.
In this podcast Caleb talks with Diana Kelley and Doug Wilson, two experts in the field of application security to discuss how software testing is rapidly maturing to risk based application security approach. We will introduce a new framework for application security that covers Test, Assure and Protect (TAP). Let's face it, you cannot scan and remediate everything, but if you aren't scanning the right assets you're putting your corporate assets at risk, so let's talk about a practical approach to managing application security.
In this podcast Caleb Barlow speaks with Sandy Bird, CTO of IBM Security Systems, co-founder of Q1 Labs to discuss his recent appointment as an IBM Fellow, part of IBM’s elite "most exceptional" technical professionals. Sandy will explain what makes being an IBM Fellow so rewarding and will shed some light on the types of people that have been honored with this distinction. In addition, Sandy will discuss how his career and the security landscape have both evolved during his during a time that threats have constantly evolved for financial profit. He’ll also explain what it’s like to work in the security industry and why college students should consider a career working in cyber security.
Critical Infrastructure Cyber Security Framework
News of the World Phone Hacking Scandal
Windows XP End of Life
Michaels Data Breach
Additional late-breaking security news
Join us as we talk to Merlyn Horton on the issue of cyber-security and internet usage when dealing with kids. We will try to get author Paula Todd to talk about her book: extreme mean.
Liam Johnson returns to the show with a new science segment, and all our usual jazz..
What is Android fragmentation and how does it affect the mobile security of the Android-based devices? In this Mobile Security Talk episode, Dan Koretsky, sr. security researcher at Lacoon Security, provides us a brief overview of Android fragmentation and its security implications.
New threats, new applications, and new technologies are combining to create the opportunity for a new approach to IT security. What "old school" IT security practices will be passed on to the next generation and what new ones will emerge?
On Friday, May 22nd, Christopher Beier from Fiserv, the leading global provider of information management and electronic commerce systems for the financial services industry, will join Steve as guest co-host to talk about the concept of Security 2.0, some of the emerging technologies and requirements that are helping to shape how we approach security, and Fiserv’s experience implementing it.
Christopher Beier is a senior product manager for Fiserv online security products, including Fraud Detection System, Intelligent Authentication, and FraudNet. He is a seasoned security professional with more than a decade of experience in both the private sector and the military.
Join Host Live Chats
- Talk Real Solutions (48 chatters)
- KNOW THE LEDGE RADIO (40 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (31 chatters)
- MHHS Eyes Wide Open (26 chatters)
- Curious Times (21 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (20 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (19 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (18 chatters)
- BacktoBasicsRadio (15 chatters)
- Symmetry of Soul (15 chatters)
- Odwirafo (12 chatters)
- The View from Montana (10 chatters)
- Underground Professor Radio (10 chatters)
- thelordshour (9 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (9 chatters)
- Dead End Sports (9 chatters)
- gamechangersradio (9 chatters)
- Dr DREAM and Laura Eisenhower (7 chatters)
- Messages From Beyond (7 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (7 chatters)
- Prophecy Quake (7 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (6 chatters)
- SURN Host (6 chatters)
- Cat Scratch Radio (6 chatters)
- Be The Light Now (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Garrett Miller Radio (6 chatters)
- Lorries Talk News Radio (6 chatters)
- Love Productions (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (5 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (5 chatters)
- TonyWolfPaw (5 chatters)
- Metaphysical and Spiritual Chat (5 chatters)
- Psychic Melinda (4 chatters)
- Paranormal Horizons (4 chatters)
- Sherry Andrea (4 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (4 chatters)
- Da DNell Experience (4 chatters)
- Game Centric Radio (4 chatters)
- JakeyandTheAce (4 chatters)
- Lauren Tenney (3 chatters)
- WARRIOR TALK RADIO (3 chatters)
- William Telltale (3 chatters)
- The Underground Sex Show (3 chatters)
- Swaggercountdown (3 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (3 chatters)
- TJMorrisETRadio (2 chatters)
- The Exchange (2 chatters)
- Zaiyahs House (2 chatters)
- Winning America Back (2 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (2 chatters)
- ShayXRenae and Friends (2 chatters)
- Talk2Q (2 chatters)
- Talking Smooth Jazz (2 chatters)
- Married Men Dont Talk Show (2 chatters)
- InThePaint (2 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- AACONS (2 chatters)
- AOW Productions (2 chatters)
- BLACK SATIN RADIO LIVE (2 chatters)
- Blasturthoughts (1 chatters)
- Apostle Malcolm Spurlock (1 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (1 chatters)
- Exalted Nation of Truth (1 chatters)
- Get Lifted Radio (1 chatters)
- HomeTeam (1 chatters)
- Gamer Girls Radio (1 chatters)
- teamgrindhard (1 chatters)
- The Drop Night Show (1 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (1 chatters)
- UCC Show (1 chatters)
- Wellness Universe (1 chatters)
- womenradio (1 chatters)