SORT BY Relevancy
Dr. Greene's guest on today's program was David Colton, Ph.D., a renowned expert on cultural changes in behavioral health care organizations that can contribute to the reduction of the use of seclusion and restraint, a topic on which Dr. Colton lectures internationally. Dr. Colton's expertise was very much in evidence on this program...a must-listen for any organization trying to reduce or eliminate restraint and seclusion!
Hear from witnesses to the seclusion and restraint of a Coalinga State Hospital patient, Riccardo King, who was forcibly medicated and tied down to a bed for a few weeks. The man was unable to understand commands, yet was being verbally and physically abused. Another sad story of abuse/neglect at CSH is presented. Then, hear from a man who successfully exited CSH in 2012, when his "SVP" case was dropped in Los Angeles County court. Clem reports in and discusses his life now, i
On May 21, 2014, the State of Ohio reached a settlement that resolves similar allegations under two separate lawsuits; one stemming from ongoing issues that remained under a prior settlement reached in S.H. v. Stickrath (2008) and the second filed by the U.S. Department of Justice. The recent order requires that the Ohio Department of Youth Services (DYS) provide individualized treatment and programming for kids with mental health issues and stop the harmful practice of seclusion. DYS must also dramatically reduce, and eventually eliminate, its use of seclusion on all young people in its custody. On this episode, Al Gerhardstein, lead plaintiff counsel for S.H., discusses what changes have occurred in the past six years since S.H. was settled and the impact of the newest order.
Key Buzz words, contemplative prayer, experiential Christianity, relational Christianity are key words in understanding spiritual formation.
The Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius of Loyola (composed from 1522–1524) are a set of Christian meditations, prayers and mental exercises, divided into four thematic 'weeks' of variable length, designed to be carried out over a period of 28 to 30 days. They were composed with the intention of helping the retreatant to discern Jesus in his life, leading him to a personal commitment to follow him. Though the underlying spiritual outlook is Catholic, the exercises can also be undertaken by non-Catholics. The 'Spiritual Exercises' booklet was formally approved in 1548 by Paul III.
The Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius form the cornerstone of Ignatian Spirituality—a way of understanding and living the human relationship with God in the world exemplified in the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). Although originally designed to take place in the setting of a secluded retreat, during which those undergoing the exercises would be focused on nothing other than the Exercises, in his introductory notes, Ignatius provides a model for completing the Exercises over a longer period without the need of seclusion. The Exercises were designed to be carried out while under the direction of a spiritual director. The Spiritual Exercises were never meant only for the vowed religious. Ignatius of Loyola gave the Exercises for 15 years before he was ordained, and years before the Society of Jesus was even founded. After the Society was formed, the Exercises became the central component of the Jesuit novitiate training program, and they usually take place during the first year of a two year novitiate. Ignatius considered the examen, or spiritual self-review, to be the most important way to continue to live out the experience of the Exercises after their completion.
HR 3717 if passed will be a disaster for people involved with psychiatry--an elimination of protection and advocacy, alternatives, and a mandate for every state to have an involuntary outpatient commitment law. Please call in to share your thoughts.
Human rights violations are routinely committed by psychiatry, including forced drugging, electroshock, restraints, seclusion, and aversives. Institutionalization itself is a violation.
People's hopes and dreams are ripped away from them, diagnosed as delusional, and left to live a life of poverty. We can do better. We must.
What do you want to talk about?
You don't have to be mad to call in . . . But it helps.
Involuntary Outpatient Commitment is a threat to anyone who has a psychiatric history --or who in the future may be psychiatrically assigned. The 'slippery slope' of removing the civil liberties for some -based on the fraud of psychiatry- surely will limit the civil liberties of all. Speak out against psychiatric oppression. Celebrate the human spirit. Call in - what do you want to talk about? First time callers welcome!
You don't have to be mad to call in . . . But, it helps. What do you want to talk about? A full-on attack of people who have been assigned a fraudulent psychiatric label is underway in America. Pending legislation such as HR 3717, The Families in Mental Health Crisis Act, (the Murphy Bill) will not solve these societal problems. While no one is defending the recent actions of several mass murders, they are being hauled out to the public in a drumbeat of fear mongering. According to FBI data, in 2010, there were 12,996 murders. The media does not focus on these. Instead, they isolate out the most heinous and sensationalized situations to condition the public to associate violence and psychiatric labels. This is a fraud. Psychiatric profiling and an increased reliance on psychiatry as an answer will repeatedly fail us as a society. All psychiatry offers are drugs and institutions. There are plenty of alternatives, that will not rob tax-payer expenditures, and produce better outcomes. Not only does psychiatry cost tax-payers billions of dollars a year in terms of services and products, but it steals millions of dollars from our economy by preventing people who have been psychiatrically assigned from working, as they are mandated into psychiatric programming, creating jobs for psychiatric, legal, medical, and police and safety professionals. It is widely accepted that the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual-V has little validity. Evidence-based supports such as mutual assistance and self-help need to be fostered, and as a country, we must adopt trauma-informed care models. Tune in to Talk with Tenney for an another view on the Crisis in America; hear first hand stories of people who have been assigned a psychiatric label; call in reports of abuse, neglect, and deaths; or call in and ask questions.
Dr. Greene's guests on this program were Darcy Gruttadaro, JD, the Director of the Child & Adolescent Action Center at the National Alliance on Mental Illness, and Howard Trachtman, the immediate past co-chair of the Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership's consumer advisory council. He is also a board member of NAMI-Massachusetts, and is on the executive co
Unlawful Restraint and Seclusion, Special Needs Legislation, Autism Insurance Laws, Secondary Education Advocacy with Mae Wilkinson http://www.examiner.com/pu
Join me Monday, April 7th at 6 p.m. Pacific/9 Eastern on Radio Enso. My guest will be men’s coach Mike Hrostoski, who joins me to discuss The Conference For Men, which takes place in San Diego on April 25-27, 2014.
About The Conference For Men: Most men have crippling troubles around sex, money, and motivation that they never get fixed in their lifetime, driving them into deep depression and suffering in silence and seclusion. In three days, conquer your anxieties around women, wealth, and emotional well-being, while uniting with a community of brothers committed to creating a life on your own terms.
Since October, I’ve been working with my core team on creating the ultimate conference experience for men. The only conference that focuses directly on men’s core issues. A conference that prioritizes your transformation over information.
About Mike: Mike Hrostoski, The Men’s Coach, helps high performing men master their relationships with their women and their work. And he’s on a mission to make the world a better place one man at a time. After the sudden passing of his mother, Mike left a lucrative career in human resources and took a full year off to do things that filled him with joy. After spending 2012 doing hundreds of hours of pro-bono coaching and traveling 12,000 miles across the United States doing volunteer work on a summer volunteer road trip, he launched his coaching business and operates it from all over the world. He’s been a digital nomad since February 2012 and has spent the past two years traveling and working across three continents, over a dozen countries and dozens of cities.
A growing number of people age 50 and older don't look forward to retiring anymore. They don't want the seclusion of sitting at home, and they have the energy and vitality to continue to work for many more years than their parents ever did. Rethinking life after age 50 is becoming a common conversation. This is the first generation whose retirement years could well out-last their working years. Baby Boomers are coming to the conclusion that they need to plan for more in the way of work
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (500 chatters)
- thisisit4321 (82 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (37 chatters)
- thelordshour (30 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (28 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (27 chatters)
- in5d (24 chatters)
- Tha Boxingvoice Radio Show (23 chatters)
- Radio Jihad Network (22 chatters)
- The Oracle Speaks (20 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (16 chatters)
- Namaste Farms (15 chatters)
- Andrea Shea King (14 chatters)
- LetsGetMetaphysical (11 chatters)
- the klicious show (11 chatters)
- Jamie Roxx (10 chatters)
- Psychics Gone Wild (9 chatters)
- The Wacko Network (9 chatters)
- Star Nations Radio Network (8 chatters)
- HisWordHisWay (8 chatters)
- AIR Abundance Internet Radio (7 chatters)
- The One People Oneness Radio (7 chatters)
- WacoTeaPartyWatchdog (7 chatters)
- ExpandingU RADIO (6 chatters)
- EnlightenmentEvolution Network (6 chatters)
- Rifleman (6 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (6 chatters)
- SpeakEasy Cafe (6 chatters)
- Ed Ymiah Gospel Revealed (5 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (5 chatters)
- DiabetesSocMed (5 chatters)
- A Just Cause Coast 2 Coast (5 chatters)
- Xpoze Radio (5 chatters)
- Contending 4 Truth Radio (4 chatters)
- Cage Side Submissions (4 chatters)
- Loren and Arjeana Due (4 chatters)
- MissingYouFoundation (3 chatters)
- Sport City Chefs (3 chatters)
- The Captain0 (3 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (3 chatters)
- Ohio Exopolitics (3 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (3 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (3 chatters)
- Trundlebedtales (3 chatters)
- VERSATILERADIO (2 chatters)
- VOS FREQ9 RADIO (2 chatters)
- The Seika Network (2 chatters)
- The Liberal Redneck (2 chatters)
- Talking Terror Presents (2 chatters)
- WHTP Radio Network (2 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (2 chatters)
- Iconici Radio MMA (2 chatters)
- Gary L Wimmer (2 chatters)
- GRANNY GANJA (2 chatters)
- drkate (2 chatters)
- Erotic Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- dtm radio (2 chatters)
- DungeonCrawlersRadio (2 chatters)
- bridge to Humanity (2 chatters)
- Art Bulla (2 chatters)
- Ask the Theologian (2 chatters)
- BBQSS Sports Network (2 chatters)
- Pagans Tonight Radio (2 chatters)
- The Forbidden Fruit (2 chatters)
- SISTERS IN HARMONY (2 chatters)
- Living a Richer Life (2 chatters)
- Lennis (2 chatters)
- JCOvercomersMinistri (2 chatters)
- Innovative Black Men (2 chatters)
- LadiesTellAll (1 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (1 chatters)
- musician (1 chatters)
- Mystic Light and Shadows (1 chatters)
- NDB Media Sports Channel (1 chatters)
- Royal Thieves Radio (1 chatters)
- Revelation Radio Network (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- BLACK MILITIA NATION (1 chatters)
- Bonnie Kaye (1 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (1 chatters)
- AOW Productions (1 chatters)
- Crs Radio Caribbean Radio Show (1 chatters)
- Catz1* (1 chatters)
- churchfolk (1 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (1 chatters)
- Clive Hudson Master Blaster (1 chatters)
- Comic Booked (1 chatters)
- E3 Radio (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Winning America Back (1 chatters)
- WoT Radio0 (1 chatters)
- We Game (1 chatters)
- TheLegacyOfANation (1 chatters)
- The Larry Love Show (1 chatters)
- The Love Zone USA (1 chatters)
- The Steven James Experience (1 chatters)
- The Program Returns (1 chatters)