SORT BY Relevancy
Theoretical physicists Sean Carroll & Matt Strassler comment on spreading scientific knowledge to a diverse and diversely informed public. They respond to a question asked during this hour-long conversation with Alan Boyle: Why the Higgs Particle Matters.
Sean Wilson will interview Prince Georges Delegation Chair, Former Lt. Governor candidate and Delegate Jolene Ivey.Jolene will announce her support for Governor in the upcoming November 4th election!
Join us this WEDNESDAY 12/17 as we bring to you our end of the year Holiday Spectacular!
We got guests! Atrractions! Surprises!...Well, maybe not ALL of that, but we promise you a show you'll take to your Grandchildren or grave!
Call us up so spread some cheer! (619) 924-0762
Tweet us you Holiday Wish! @AVandSeanShow
Or get in on the fun on our Facebook!
That's 9PM EST this WEDNESDAY 12/17 here on Blog Talk Radio!
in Self Help
Welcome to the Coach Cafe, where you can get your weekly cup of inspiration with your hosts, certified law of attraction life coaches, Estra Roell and Kathleen Martin.
This week Estra and Kathleen welcome Melissa Carroll. Melissa is a writer and yoga instructor who believes in the power of being present. Based in Tampa, she guides more than 200 students every week at the largest yoga class in Florida. Melissa also helps run the teacher training programs at The Yoga Loft, leads retreats all over the world, and teaches creative writing at the University of Tampa. Melissa is the author of the chapbook The Karma Machine, and her work has appeared in many literary journals and magazines.
Melissa will be speaking with us about her new anthology, Going Om: Real-Life Stories On and Off the Yoga Mat. Unlike books on yoga that provide instruction on technique, Going Om: Real-Life Stories On and Off the Yoga Mat is a unique collection of never-before-seen personal narratives from celebrated authors. For example, Ira Sukrungruang shares his heartbreaking struggle as a 375 pound yoga student discovering self-worth on his mat; Gloria Munoz explores the practice of stillness with lyrical elegance in the midst of her busy mind; Neal Pollack’s signature sarcasm leads to surprising turns at yoga class with his dad; Elizabeth Kadetsky uses yogic wisdom while coping with her mother’s devastating Alzheimer’s.
Come explore with us the peace and presence that is found through the practice of yoga and how it enhances your everyday life.
Discover more at www.MelissaCarrollYoga.com.
Dr. Sean Carroll is a national celebrity in the theoretical physics community. He’s appeared on The Universe, Through the Wormhole with Morgan Freeman and the Colbert Report. In addition to the large number of books he’s written on cosmology, he wrote a graduate text in general relativity. His articles and science papers have been published in Nature, Seed, Sky & Telescope, New Scientist and he is a regular contributor to The Cosmic Variance blog.
Everything in the universe dies. The question is, what comes out of their deaths? Dr. Sean Carroll will explore how and why things die, what the meaning of death is in the universe and how it gives living things new hope.
Dr. Carroll is a senior research associate in the Department of Physics at Caltech. He received his Ph.D. in astronomy and astrophysics in 1993 from Harvard. He worked as a postdoctoral researcher at MIT and Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics at the University of California and as an assistant professor at the University of Chicago in 2006.
Please join Dr. Sean Carroll, Melissa and me Monday, May 12, 2014 at 8 pm EDT for an intense discussion of How Everything in the Universe Dies.
Word On The Street Team
Have you heard? Authors have gotten wise to what marketing firms and musicians have been up to for eons. That’s leveraging the talent and enthusiasm of a group of fans with a goal of raising the profile of an author and their books to drive sales. How is it done and where do you get one?
Even before I studied Entertainment Publicity at UCLA I saw how the excitement of fans can rouse the herd to follow and hop on the proverbial bandwagon. Sadly a lot of authors just aren’t getting with this secret weapon.
Author/writer/blogger Louann Carroll gets it and has kindly agreed to be my guest and share her experiences with a street team. I believe that Carroll, author of Gemini Rising, A Shadow Of Time, The Light And The Flame, Journey-The Adventures Of Leaf and others, may be ready to recruit more for her team. Hint: Like all insider groups membership has its privileges!
Another exciting guest and another chance to learn more about how to promote your own books. Remember, my webinar, Promote This! DIY Publicity For Authors, is still an excellent and affordable way to jumpstart your own book's publicity!
Sean Pomeroy @Sean_Pomeroy at Lunch with @DriveThruHR with @bryanwempen (Emeritus), @williamtincup & @thehrbuddy
DriveThruHR was designed to be a captivating and easy-to-digest lunch discourse that covers topics relevant to HR professionals. Each 30-minute episode features a guest speaker who shares her or his knowledge and experience in human resources. Our hosts and special guest cover a wealth of topics, including HR Technology, Recruiting, Talent Management, Leadership, Organizational Culture and Strategic HR, every day at 12:00 pm Central Time. The radio program is hosted by @bryanwempen (Emeritus), @williamtincup and @thehrbuddy The #1 HR show, with amazing HR conversations and follow us on the twitters at @drivethruhr and #dthr.
1. A look at Ted Nugent, his extreme inflamatory remarks about Hilary, Obama, gun rights, and immigration.
2. Kathleen Carroll, whistleblower against the Commission on Teacher Credentialing
3. Brown Family Attorney Speaks Out "The Grand Jury Process is Broken"
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (462 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (32 chatters)
- thelordshour (27 chatters)
- African History Ntwk (24 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (17 chatters)
- Nite Callers Bigfoot Radio (17 chatters)
- Healing Light Radio (16 chatters)
- Alan Roger Currie (15 chatters)
- Curious Times (15 chatters)
- reactionariez (13 chatters)
- ALLFACTS IS BACK (9 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (8 chatters)
- Restoring Your Reality (7 chatters)
- SURN Host (7 chatters)
- Jay King Network (6 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (6 chatters)
- Higher Truth Radio (5 chatters)
- Shifting Times Radio (5 chatters)
- Politics and A Beer (5 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- Brian Treybig (4 chatters)
- Dead Air Paranormal Radio (3 chatters)
- Non Partisan Liberty For all (3 chatters)
- King Jordan TALK SHOW (3 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (3 chatters)
- The View from Montana (3 chatters)
- Marti Oakley (2 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (2 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (2 chatters)
- The Crystal Show (2 chatters)
- The Hilltop Radio Show (2 chatters)
- Cosmic Pillow Talk (2 chatters)
- Beyond Abuse Radio (1 chatters)
- God In The Midst (1 chatters)
- Dollhouse Radio by India Morel (1 chatters)
- Drunken Radio (1 chatters)
- Sports Talk 920 (1 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (1 chatters)
- NDB Media (1 chatters)
- The World Transformed (1 chatters)
- wcsteelerfan (1 chatters)
- Happy Hour Network (0 chatters)