SORT BY Relevancy
Welcome to SMB TECH SCHOOLS GED PREP Science and History classes. We will begin with Science PREP for one hour and then will break for a moment and continue with history, both American and world history throughout this six weeks course. To be effective in this class you will need your required materials, textbooks and syllabus. In order to receive attendance credits for this class you will need to listen for TWO flag words for each class and email them with the name and date of each class and any other information required to Attqndance@SMBTECHSCHOOL.COM
Thank you for being a valued student! Enjoy your learning journey!
Welcome to GED Prep History and Science. Please be advised that each class is one hour thus, the lessons today will be two hours. If you are registered for either you must be sure to send your attendance flag word(s) to your Instructor at Attendance@SMBTechSchool.com. If you have both class you will need to send two attandance flag words.
In order to be successful in this class or any other classes you must have your required text book, writing materials and syllabus/lesson plans. Enjoy your learning experience. Thank you.
Welcome to GED PREP SCIENCE AND HISTORY! Each subject matter will be taught for one hour. Each subject matter requires two attendance flag words which must be emailed to Attendance@SMBTECHSCHOOL.com to receive attendance credit. Enjoy your learning journey!
Listen to what we're doing...what we're offering and why you and your children should join us!
Our lessons are about American History, but will also include some geography, a little language lesson and information about some key people in our history.
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Wed. June, 24th, 10pm-12midnight EST (7pm – 9pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/ or by downloading the "TuneIn Radio" app to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or at www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) The debate over the Confederate Flag continues as States and Retailers come out against it. We’ll deal with some of “The History of the Confederate Flag” and some little known facts about it. 2) Details about the Freddie Gray autopsy have been released and gives more insight into his injuries. 3) Is President Obama snubbing African American Newspapers? 4) This date in African American History.
Help Support The African History Network Crowdfunding Campaign. We are trying to raise $200 today to reach our daily goal. If 200 people donate at least $1 we will reach today’s goal. Visit www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com and click on the “Donate” button.
Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, June, 29th, 10pm-12midnight EST with host Michael Imhotep of The African History Network. CALL IN WITH Questions/Comments at 1-888-669-2281. POST YOUR COMMENTS. WE MAY READ THEM ON AIR. Listen online at http://tunein.com/radio/Empowerment-Radio-Network-s199313/
1) Did you see President Obama’s eulogy for Rev. Clementa Pinckney on Friday? What did you think about it? 2) An activist on Saturday today down the Confederate Battle Flag at the South Carolina State Capitol. Why? What about the American Flag? 3) Legendary Educator Marva Collins has died at age 78. 4) There have been 6 Black churches in the South that have been set on fire. What’s going on? 5) This date in African American History – Muhammad Ali wins his case against the U.S. for refusing to be drafted in the U.S. Army, June 28th, 1971.
Tune in tonight as Dr. Hardy takes a look into the stories of Black inventors and scientists from yesterday and today.
Long Story Short is a weekly show focusing on African American history, current issues in the black community and the future of people of African descent around the world. For the month of February, Dr. Hardy is dedicating the show to Black History Month where he will share some untold, as well as some familiar stories of the history and souls of Black folks. Tune in as Dr. Hardy makes the long, rich stories of the African Diaspora short, sweet and unforgettable.
TONIGHT: Listen to The African History Network Show, Thursday, 8pm-10pm EST with guest Jessica Holter founder of The Punany Poets. She will talk about The Punany Poets, their upcoming Summer Tour Dates and their upcoming date in Detroit, MI on Friday, June 26th at 1515 Broadway. Tickets are available at www.PunanyTickets.com. Call 510-600-9747 for Customer Service or to inquire about making special announcements, such as anniversaries and engagements at the show. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/06/19/jessica-holter-of-the-punany-poets-part-2-haitian-dominican-history.
Part 2: “The Bloody Origins of the Dominican Republic’s Ethnic ‘Cleansing’ of Haitians”. We did Part 1 on Wednesday, June 17th. We'll continue this discussion on history lesson on tonight's show. Hundreds of thousands of Haitians in The Dominican Republic stand to be deported.
On June 17th, 2015 in South Carolina, 9 people were shot at the historic Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church. This was Denmark Vesey's Church. We'll talk about the shooting and the history of the Church.
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Mon. May, 25th, 10:00pm-12:00midnight EST (7:00pm-9:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep. We'll discuss “The History of Memorial Day and It’s African American Origins”. We’ll also talk about the acquittal of Office Michael Brelo in Cleveland Ohio. CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/05/26/the-history-of-memorial-day-and-its-african-american-origins or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
TONIGHT: Listen to The Michael Imhotep Show, Wed. May, 27th, 10:00pm-12:00midnight EST (7:00pm-9:00pm PST) with host Michael Imhotep founder of The African History Network? We’ll discuss “Five on The Black Handside: The History of the “Dap” and African American Handshakes”. Did you ever wonder where the “Dap” came from, fist bumping, etc.? CALL IN WITH QUESTIONS/COMMENTS & LISTEN AT (914) 338-1375. Listen online LIVE and the archived show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/theafricanhistorynetworkshow/2015/05/28/five-on-the-black-handside-the-history-of-the-dap-and-african-american-hands or www.AfricanHistoryNetwork.com.
1) Five on The Black Handside, the history of the “Dap” and African American Handshakes. 2) Baltimore City Schools layoff notices go out. 3) The Justice Department issues reforms to fix Cleveland policing. What is next? 4) This date in African American History – Elijah McCoy, Inventor
Join Host Live Chats
- Absolute Bible Truth (17 chatters)
- L A REAL GAME RADIO (8 chatters)
- Dale Kay (7 chatters)
- dburt aka Afronerd (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (4 chatters)
- The Hereafter Is Now Network (3 chatters)
- ShadySykes (2 chatters)
- Soul Tree Radio X In The Raw (2 chatters)
- John Talk Radio (2 chatters)
- The J Ril Show (1 chatters)
- Urban Therapy with Sun (1 chatters)