SORT BY Relevancy
Rapid expansion in adoptions and use of mobile devices in schools has the potential to impact almost every aspect of education. A new report, "Mobile Technology for K-12 Education," sponsored by mobile learning company, Amplify, and conducted by education market research experts at IESD, reveals details about the current status of mobile technology in our schools. The question is, what are publishers and developers who serve the school market doing in terms of their product marketing plans and their sales approaches as we move away from the a textbook centric K-12 sales environment to an environment where smartphones, tablets, and other mobile computing devices are the primary delivery envelope? Host Glen McCandless asks K-12 market researcher, Jay Sivin-Kachala, of IESD, to provide his perspective.
What's the best way to sell to schools? It's the topic of greatest interest for everyone who wants to succeed in the K-12 education market. Many newcomers would like to find a low-cost entry, and the idea of using independent reps or resellers is popular. What have experts learned about this sales approach? What do you need to know to be successful working with K-12 channel partners? Join host Glen McCandless for a 15-minute interview with two veterans of K-12 sales, Farimah Schuerman and Mitch Weisburgh of Academic Business Advisors.
Every year a special group of schools convene to showcase their schools for children with special needs.
One of the hardest things as a parent isfinding the "right school". Althoough the options have grown in the past 10 years, the business of specialing in special needs has been historically EXCEPTIONAL.
Come to the Fair.....
Exceptional Schools Fair
American University Katzen Center on
Sunday, November 16th, 2014.
11:am - 1:00 pm
Welcome to Beauty Chat radio.
9:15 PM EST ,Guest this evening Khadijah Davies Muhammad from #Hollywoodteam
Questions of the evening
Do you think its fair you have to pay 1000's of dollars in addition to these schools for a refresher course?
Do you think the test is too hard?
Should there be a requirement for GED ?
What steps do you take after you fail the test???
What to be a guest or a sponsor? Contact Rosa at www.rosasresources.biz
WHAT'S GOING ON IN PHILADELPHIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS. IS SCHOOL CHOICE THE ANSWER ?
Starlee Coleman formerly of The National Public Charter Schools Association has set me up with Bob Bowdon who is an expert on school choice and runs "Choice Media' and we are going to discuss the stae of Philly and I don't mean Pennsylvania. I'm a K-12 grad of Philly Public Schools and we'll get some good insights from Bob.
National Conflict Resolution Day was October 16th.
On Today's Episode, you will meet…Ken Johnson. We will discuss current issues of student conflict, performance, and behavior in the school system.
Unbroken Circles for Schools, deals with issues of student conflict, performance, behavior, etc. in the school system. In America we arrest over 2 million juveniles a year. Florida is a top arrester of children with 58 thousand being taken into custody every year . . . most tried on felony and misdemeanor charges for rather trivial offenses that no adult would ever be charged with. The #1 reason an incarcerated person leaves a juvenile detention facility is to be transported to an adult prison to finish out the rest of their sentence.
Ken Johnson is a culturist and conflict dynamics specialist with over 16 years experience in the criminal justice system and previous teaching experience. Starting college at the age of 16, he holds a BA in Social Sciences from the University of West Florida and an MBA from Saint Leo University.
He serves as the Principal Chief of the Florida Tribe of Cherokee Indians, has served on numerous government boards, and was commissioned by the Governor of Kentucky as a Colonel. His op-ed pieces on culture and conflict have been featured worldwide and he was even asked to be a contributor to a UN paper on conflict issues in Africa.
THE NATIONAL ALLIANCE OF PUBLIC CHARTER SCHOOLS
THE HIGH QUALITY OF AMERICA'S CHARTER SCHOOLS
We welcome Nina Rees, President and CEO of the Alliance.
Presented by Triumph Learning
Education reporter Cherise M. Newsome joins Pilot Radio to discuss a federal investigation that found Norfolk Public Schools negligent in handling complaints in middle and high schools about sexual harassment and treatment of students with disabilities. Newsome was first to break the story about the investigation, which concluded earlier this year. School leaders heard about the results in May, but not the general public. The Pilot published her story Sept. 27 after Newsome obtained a copy of the report from the U.S. Education Department's Office for Civil Rights. On Sunday, The Pilot is scheduled to publish Newsome’s exclusive interview with the family that spurred the investigation.
A new study shows the shift from print books to ebooks is accelerating, the most dramatic change in the K-12 market in a century. Is education marketing or selling to schools a priority for you? If so, do not miss this interview with the publisher of this important education market research study. Everyone in the school market will be impacted by the eBook wave. Ride it or be drowned by it!
Late September in Baltimore at the EdNET 2014 conference, hundreds of the education industry’s movers and shakers spent two days discussing trends, opportunites, and challenges that everyone who sells to schools is facing. This show is the first of a four-part series, the EdNET Insider. During program #1 host Glen McCandless and Saul Hafenbredl of C Blohm and Associates get the inside scoop from leaders who are shaping the school market right now. You’ll hear industry veterans Randy Wilhelm, Lee Wilson, Dan Caton, and George Warren provide valuable perspectives and sage advice for a big trend that caused a stir at EdNET – one that is affecting everyone: Open Educational Resources (OER) – that's free stuff being offered to schools. Make no mistake, competing with free products and services is a reality, and having a sales and marketing strategy in response to this trend is essential for your survival. Listen up!
Welcome to part #3 of the EdNET Insider series, about a contentious issue in US education: Common Core State Standards. Nothing is having a bigger impact on companies that sell products and services to K-12 schools. What's the advice of K-12 industry leaders who attended one of the big events of the year, the EdNET 2014 conference? Host Glen McCandless, joins Saul Hafenbredl of C Blohm and Associates to ask senior managers of K-12 focused organizations important questions about sales strategies you need to consider now. You’ll hear from SETDA's Geoff Fletcher, from Lillian Kellogg, VP at ENA (Education Networks of America), from industry consultant, Dan Caton (former president at McGraw Hill and Pearson) from Randy Jennings president of Educational Technology Partners and from Jieun Choe and Mike Morley, executives at Triumph Learning. Get expert education marketing and K-12 sales insight!
Join Host Live Chats
- Hagmann and Hagmann Report (487 chatters)
- The JohnnyStormShow (361 chatters)
- Phoenix3333 (122 chatters)
- wheresobamasbirthcertificateXcom (35 chatters)
- reactionariez (28 chatters)
- Talk Real Solutions (22 chatters)
- THE WOODGRAIN SHOW (22 chatters)
- Black Author Network (20 chatters)
- thelordshour (19 chatters)
- WGAG Radio (15 chatters)
- JohnMcTernan (15 chatters)
- ParanormalReview (14 chatters)
- SoapTalk Lets Dish (14 chatters)
- Deliverance Today Pastor John Kyle (13 chatters)
- Israelite Heritage (12 chatters)
- High Frequency Radio Network (11 chatters)
- FUTURE OF MENTELLECT RADIO (11 chatters)
- Debate Talk 4 U (11 chatters)
- Red vs Blue (10 chatters)
- Cardboard Connection Radio (9 chatters)
- Dr Pat Holliday (8 chatters)
- Caribbean Radio Show CRS Radio (6 chatters)
- NWO Truth Radio (6 chatters)
- Jay King Network (5 chatters)
- Prophetic Voice OF Yahweh Show (5 chatters)
- The Paranormal and The Sacred (5 chatters)
- Wake Up To The Truth (5 chatters)
- WE RESISTERS RADIO (5 chatters)
- David Coney (5 chatters)
- Aftermath Radio (4 chatters)
- FIREFOXNEWS ONLINE (4 chatters)
- LCS (3 chatters)
- Missouri Grassroots Radio (3 chatters)
- Apostle Antonia (3 chatters)
- Beyond the Airwaves TIP (3 chatters)
- YHWH The TRUE NAME (3 chatters)
- The Portal (3 chatters)
- SUPER HOST (3 chatters)
- Nuts And Bolts Sports (3 chatters)
- OUR Talk Radio Show (2 chatters)
- SURN Host (2 chatters)
- The Rad Reality Show (2 chatters)
- The Watchman Is216 (2 chatters)
- American Preppers Radio (2 chatters)
- AmericanPatriotRadio (2 chatters)
- Andrew Aloha (2 chatters)
- Curious Times (2 chatters)
- Danny Mendez (2 chatters)
- JackNewtown (2 chatters)
- Eric Balkman (2 chatters)
- HME Network (1 chatters)
- I AM A SUPERWOMAN RADIO (1 chatters)
- Ice Cream Convos (1 chatters)
- KeyWestGrind (1 chatters)
- Ms Computer Lady (1 chatters)
- MIKE MILLZ RADIO (1 chatters)
- Minn4Freedom (1 chatters)
- Chris Doelle (1 chatters)
- DiYAHGuRL1 (1 chatters)
- Brain Injury Radio (1 chatters)
- TruthWorks Network (1 chatters)
- Rated G Radio (1 chatters)
- Project Woodhaven (1 chatters)
- RichKid Radio (1 chatters)
- RitaHodges (1 chatters)
- ShadySykes (1 chatters)
- Tha Real McCoy (1 chatters)
- The Captain0 (1 chatters)
- The Emily Pearls Show (1 chatters)