SORT BY Relevancy
What better way to focus on a seafood meal than to learn about the Feast of Seven Fishes! This is a Southern Italian, Italian American Celebration held on Christmas Eve. Seven different seafood dishes are prepared and enjoyed to commemorate Vigilia di Natalie, the waiting of the midnight birth of baby Jesus. Why seven? And, what are some traditional Seven Fishes menus that may be served then and at other times of the year? Guest, Stacey Antine RD (HealthBarn USA), author of Appetite for Life and founder of the Healing Meals Foundation, has some great answers for you. Co-host, Carolina Jantac RD (Kid Kritics Approved), you and I will be refreshed with some delectable Italian seafood recipes using cod, shrimp and maybe even some sardines!
Before the Cyprichromis Leptosoma portion of the show we will have a special guest speaking on a great topic relevent to all you particular species keeper. The Shrimp
The Sardine Cichlid Cyprichromis leptosoma is a small elongated cichlid from Lake Tanganyika, Africa. Typically cichlids have a robust look with many being very deep bodied, but not the cichlids from the Cyprichromis genus. There are 5 species in this genus with a long slender streamlined form. They look more like sardines so are commonly known as Herring Cichlids or Sardine Cichlids. Common names for this fish are the Slender Cichlid or it may simply be referred to as "Cyp", "Slender Cyp", or "Lepto".
This species is very colorful as well. Classic males range from browns to lavender blues accented with a tail fin that is golden to orangish yellow. However there are several slightly different color pattern variations and all are very attractive. They will differ in color patterns with contrasting lines and various shadings depending upon the location in Lake Tanganyika where the specimen is collected. Patterns span from dark vertical bars on top of a blue or lavender body to blotches of yellow.
@whoistara presents Curtis Lee "Kennie" "Junkyard Bard" DC Finest, The Crankin, Band.......The Legendary Band.....One of my all time favorite bands. I still hear "Sardines" in my head like it was yesterday.
Curtis K Lee,know as KC,or Kennie to people he is the vocalist for the junkyard band (D.C. Legendary Gogo band) he has been a member for 20 years and still counting.
He will be live on Dagrahynd Radio tonight at 8:00 p.m. eastern time. DMV call in to support the Legendary Junk Yard Band member "Kennie"....time to expand the reach of Go Go. Call in 646-595-3287.
This week T-Mobile made a HUGE Power Grab to building upon their surging sucess over the last few years. But there are a lot of moving parts to how this program work.
How are you... the consumer... going to benefit from this?
How are do you... the consumer... the real winner with T-Mobile's offers?
Darth Geekonius will be breaking down the mechanics of it all... what it is... how it works... and how can you... the consumer... keep some money in your pocket?
Dex Luther premieres the first installment of The GeekFit Minute.
King Phayce has to undergo a temporary name change.
You know... I just typed a lot of characters... did anyone read this? Anyone? Anyone at all? I'm just wondering. Let me know. Shoot me a tweet @BigBabaRob if you actually read this. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. Enjoy the show.
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with award winning author Ayn Cates Sullivan, Ph.D.. Ayn is pioneering a new renaissance of creativity and spiritual expression. She has written many books for adults and children and believes that society blossoms when poetry and stories are shared and honored. She lives in California with her husband, children and many pets.
this episode Q&A- includes:
• using primarly olive oil? your blood may show low vitamin D levels..
• vitamin D found in stinging nettles and shitake mushrooms..
• antibiotics are not good at preventing infections..
• yarrow is a good friend of the mouth- astringent, stops bleeding, anti bacterial..
• menopause does not start and stop- it is eradic..
• kundalini while having hot flashes! check out New Menopausal Years The Wise Woman Way..
• toe nail fungus- hysterical hygiene, apple cider vinegar, horsetail infusion..
• nausea during pregnancy- NHI's, ginger, and if you live in a medical state try marijuana..
• motherwort for anxiety- made from fresh flowering plant, take dropperful dose..
• caffine during pregnancy? needs to be used in moderation..
• chemoterapy? nourish your liver with milk thistle tincture..
• pinworms- the drug is the least invasive..
• nettle infusion, well cooked greens, sardines all provide plenty of calcium..
• ambien taper- oatstraw infusion, skullcap, sleep in very dark room..
• harvesting nettle and parts used..
• use dried herbs for infusions!!
• hernia? check out Shouldice Clinic..
• nuclear contaminationof seaweed? Ryan Drum says no..
• estrogen and menopause..
On Today’s Show: Sardines Have Disappeared from the West Coast, 8 Reasons to Eat More Ginger, How Garlic Can Save Your Life, 15 Things We Need to Stop Doing, Turn Worry into Wonderful.
Thanks for listening and for sending your comments and questions!
1. Omega 6 in sunflower butter [9:47]
2. Help me to love sardines! [19:26]
3. Hypoglycemia & food changes [23:05]
4. How/when to eat fermented foods – and do I REALLY need FCLO? [32:03]
5. Cold Turkey Headaches & quitting coffee: strategies and side effects? [43:30]
6. Eating intuitively and intermittent fasting [54:51]
in Self Help
Susun Weed answers 90 minutes of herbal health questions followed by a 30 minute interview with Stacy Lyons. Stacy Lyons' path to a healthy hoohoo has been a lifelong journey. With her passion for health, wellness and commitment to quality products, it was only natural that she had a light-bulb moment, the kind you hear about, but highly doubt truly happen in real life. The light smacked her along the side of the head after three coincidental conversations in one week in September of 2009. She launched healthy hoohoo in November of 2011, and is grateful for the opportunity to help women.
this episode Q&A-includes:
• gardenerella vaginosis? plain yogurt, yarrow ticture, garlic suppositories, mayan abdominal massage..
• chickweed tincture for ovarian cysts
• fibroid tumor- usually not dangerous- vitex or saw palmetto tincture
• flooding? shepards purse!
• for scabies- very hot bath, alcohol based soap, sulfer ointment- suffocate them!
• colonoscopy necessary? be proactive with your health! eat more fiber..
• endometriosis- lower red meat consumption, increas cooked greens, get more omega 3's, liver strengthening herbs..
• healthy fats in the diet- full fat yogurt, full fat cheese, butter, sardines, olive oil..
1. What are your Top five pointers for newbies to real-food living / paleo peeps
2. Tips to getting back on the band wagon, and why do we fall off?
3. Last year was all FCLO and sardines what new that you guys are loving right now?
4. Diana wants to know if Liz has found a New brand of Brewers Yeast (paleo friendly) yet??
5. Ashley asks, Exercise--how much is enough without putting too much stress on your body and creating further hormonal imbalances like excess cortisol.
1. Beyond Sugar Detox news, events and updates [3:48]
2. The white potato debacle [8:27]
3. Excerpt from Eat the Yolks [15:38]
4. Weight gain methods for overall health [18:27]
5. Opinions on natural sweeteners [28:58]
6. Sardines in the car [43:00]
7. The best calcium supplement [50:42]
Topics:1. Do anchovies have the same health benefits as sardines? [20:11]2. Struggling with postpartum weight loss [23:23]3. Are middle-of-the-night bathroom breaks such a big deal? / Liz's fancy, grass-fed mattress [26:45]4. Candida and die-off symptoms [32:56]5. Egg-free, whey-free protein powder [35:24]6. Are all FODMAPs created equal? [39:13]7. Almond meal vs. blanched almond flour [42:20]8. Paleo wraps or bread [45:21]9. Refrigeration for meals and snacks on the go [49:52]10. Post-workout snacks or meals [54:37]
Dustin Brookshire is an activist, poet, and Dolly Parton fanatic enjoying life in Atlanta, GA. His poetry has earned him a Pushcart Prize nomination and has been published or is forthcoming in SubtleTea, Ocho, Oranges & Sardines, Ouroboros, Qarrtsiluni, Whiskey Island, Blue Fifth Review, Shape of a Box, Assaracus,and other publications. He has been anthologized in Divining Divas: 100 Gay Men on their Muses (Lethe Press, 2012). Dustin’s debut chapbook is titled To The One Who Raped Me (Sibling Rivalry Press, 2012). He is currently working on finishing his first full length poetry collection.
Join Host Live Chats
- Ring of Fire Ministries (21 chatters)
- Tracey and Friends (7 chatters)
- WithInsightsRadio (5 chatters)
- Clay Douglas (5 chatters)
- Comedy Concepts (4 chatters)
- The Road Less Traveled (2 chatters)
- Jay King Network (2 chatters)
- Joyce BarrieFriends (1 chatters)
- Indie Books (1 chatters)
- Coach Cafe (1 chatters)
- 2 Regular Guys Talking Decoration (1 chatters)